“Just what I wanted for a business trip” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS Village Park Inn

BEST WESTERN PLUS Village Park Inn
Ranked #28 of 109 Hotels in Calgary
Edmonton, Alberta
“Just what I wanted for a business trip”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2013

This place is in decent shape and the service was good.

There's a BP's and Denny's right next door, and it's an easy 15 minute walk to the mall with a foodcourt, Safeway, Chili's, etc. The same distance the other direction is a Cobs Bakery, Keg, and other spots.

Decent pool and hot tub area in the middle of the hotel. I didn't find this loud or problematic, even when there were a group of kids using the space. Decent workout centre. Good continental breakfast. Staff were really helpful letting me know what was nearby.

I would stay here again on my next business trip to Calgary.

Room Tip: I choose off the gorund floor.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
RyanOcbina, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Village Park Inn, responded to this review, 31 October 2013
Dear Travel11223344,

Thank you for your reviewing us on Tripadvisor. I'm glad you enjoyed our location and had a great experience at our hotel.

We look forward to having you stay with us again soon!

Regards,
Ryan Ocbina

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Edmonton, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2013

We have stayed here many times but last year we discovered that it was run down, customer service was next to non existent and they changed the pet policy. This visit I was impressed by the work being done to improve the facilities until I was jarred awake at 8 am by the sound of a saw cutting tiles directly outside our door to the balcony/outside area. I opened the door to find out what the heck was going on and they guy that was doing the sawing told me to close my door and keep it closed. Nice!!!!
This construction was going on in the room directly next to us. I can't believe the Best Western can over charge their customers and expect them to put up with this crap. I understand the reasons for the renos but don't put your customers in the room next to where this is going on, how about a buffer zone?. Totally disappointed and a bit pissed. Also the pool and hot tub area was closed as well. .

Room Tip: Make sure the renos are complete before booking.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank tshelly
RyanOcbina, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Village Park Inn, responded to this review, 2 October 2013
Dear tshelly,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor. Your comments are important to us. I am truly sorry that your sleep was disturbed during your stay. The impact of our hot tub replacement has honestly been a challenge, and we are doing our best to complete the project as soon as possible. I will personally pass your comments to our contractors today and advise them to please respect our guests. More importantly, I will remind them to save the louder and more intrusive work for later in the day to avoid this from happening again. I understand your disappointment and ask if you can please contact us directly. We value your business and would like to make it up to you.
Ryan Ocbina
gm@villageparkinn.com
Stony Plain, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2013

Really nice hotel. Very clean and service was wonderful. The continental breakfast was amazing. Definitely recommend staying here if possible....................................................................................

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2013

This was the first hotel we stayed at for our final summer vacation and it caused our trip to not be off to a very enjoyable start. We checked in and the lady that served us was very rude, and almost mean. She definetely does not enjoy her job at all. The hotel was sold out so she made it very clear that she could care less if we were satisfied with their service or not.

I admit, my husband while trying to check in was a bit short and upset with her which in turn caused emotions to build in both of them. My spouse just kept asking for the clarification of something and she started to raise her voice at him and get more ignorant each time she spoke. When we finally managed to get us checked in there was no parking so it was an additional $10.00 to park underground.

We got to our room and noticed that the sofa bed pull out does not come with sheets, so I had to call the front desk to request them to which the front desk did not even answer. I ended up having to go down to the front desk and requesting them in person. At that time I also appologized to the lady about my partners behavior to which she made it clear that she wished that we would have just left. she was very rude to me.

The sheets finally arrived to our room about an hour after I requested them. The kids and their dad went to the pool while I sat in the room and waited for the sheets. The hot tub was broken down which was a big disapointment.

We got up early Saturday and headed out to Kananaskis country so we were out of the hotel by 8. We had a pretty good breakfast and off we went. When we arrived back aroun 9:00 pm. the toilet became plugged. Well, we tried calling the front desk to never have the call picked up so we ended up going down again. it took almost 90 minutes before they brought a plunger so I could unclog the toilet, and they brought it with a disgustingly filthy bucket of water that looked black as mud. I wish I had my camera. The thought of them smearing that mud water all over the bathroom floor where I shower and walk in bare feet caused me to not be able to sleep that night and I was sick to my stomach and could not wait to get out of that hotel. I still have trouble thinking about what would posess a hotel employee to think it is okay to not have to change the water that you wash floors with between hotel rooms. Seriousy have they no consideration of other guests? That is how bacteria, viruses and infections get transfered.

We checked out bright and early. Check out was smooth and it was appreciated to deal with someone other then the lady that checked us in.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Julz0826
alberta
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2013 via mobile

It was ok check in & out easy
The construction of hot tub at the pool started early ran all day I was bothered by the sawdust flying around I choice not to use pool cause of this. The breakfast is a decent spread they just need to keep fresh food out ..it was almost empty at 9am they quickly made sure it was stocked up. Then room service came to clean room ..we hadn't checked out yet lol. It was ok

• Stayed August 2013
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2013

The value quality breakfast service at this Best Western is fantastic. Very quiet place very comfortable rooms staff very accommodating, full breakfast service included in room price and excellent dinner service as well. Very comfortable beds and quick check in and out service.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2013

Our stay at the Village Park Inn was very good. The location was close to transit, and easy to get to from the #1 Hwy. Will likely stay again as it was central for our requirements. We took advantage of the pool, but the hot tub was not working. We were fascinated by the process the hotel used to get the new hot tub into an area to lift it up into it's location. We checked out before the final move.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western