“Higher end Best Western.”

Best Western Plus Village Park Inn
Ranked #22 of 110 Hotels in Calgary
Reviewed 10 October 2013

We were surprised and pleased with our stay here. More "opulent" than the average b/w. Clean spacious room. Large flatsceen with quality channels and high def reception. Friendly reception. Hot buffet breakfast included in the price. Free above ground parking.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank rham1
RyanOcbina, General Manager at Best Western Plus Village Park Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2013

Dear rham1,

It is great to hear you enjoyed our hotel. We just upgraded our channel line-up to include high definition channels and we are happy it added to your experience. Thank you for your review and for choosing to stay with us.

Regards,

Reviewed 10 October 2013

Stayed at this hotel because all my first choices where full. It was a bit outdated in terms of decor and condition. Service was good from front desk staff and in the restaurant. My room was clean but a little noisy due to a door hat opened onto an outside balcony that did not seal very well. It faced a very busy main thoroughfare and the traffic noise was constant. Overall, it was good enough that I would stay here again if needed but, would look for other options first.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Dear Wingman4,

We appreciate your feedback on Tripadvisor. It is great to hear that our clean accommodations and friendly staff met your satisfaction. In regards to our decor and room conditions, we have plans to renovate the entire hotel. We currently are remodelling our guestroom washrooms. We will continue to improve our hotel and work towards becoming your first option when staying in Calgary. Thank you for choosing to stay with us.

Reviewed 9 October 2013

This place is in decent shape and the service was good.

There's a BP's and Denny's right next door, and it's an easy 15 minute walk to the mall with a foodcourt, Safeway, Chili's, etc. The same distance the other direction is a Cobs Bakery, Keg, and other spots.

Decent pool and hot tub area in the middle of the hotel. I didn't find this loud or problematic, even when there were a group of kids using the space. Decent workout centre. Good continental breakfast. Staff were really helpful letting me know what was nearby.

I would stay here again on my next business trip to Calgary.

Room Tip: I choose off the gorund floor.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business

Dear Travel11223344,

Thank you for your reviewing us on Tripadvisor. I'm glad you enjoyed our location and had a great experience at our hotel.

We look forward to having you stay with us again soon!

Regards,

Reviewed 1 October 2013

We have stayed here many times but last year we discovered that it was run down, customer service was next to non existent and they changed the pet policy. This visit I was impressed by the work being done to improve the facilities until I was jarred awake at 8 am by the sound of a saw cutting tiles directly outside our door to the balcony/outside area. I opened the door to find out what the heck was going on and they guy that was doing the sawing told me to close my door and keep it closed. Nice!!!!
This construction was going on in the room directly next to us. I can't believe the Best Western can over charge their customers and expect them to put up with this crap. I understand the reasons for the renos but don't put your customers in the room next to where this is going on, how about a buffer zone?. Totally disappointed and a bit pissed. Also the pool and hot tub area was closed as well. .

Room Tip: Make sure the renos are complete before booking.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank tshelly
RyanOcbina, General Manager at Best Western Plus Village Park Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2013

Dear tshelly,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor. Your comments are important to us. I am truly sorry that your sleep was disturbed during your stay. The impact of our hot tub replacement has honestly been a challenge, and we are doing our best to complete the project as soon as possible. I will personally pass your comments to our contractors today and advise them to please respect our guests. More importantly, I will remind them to save the louder and more intrusive work for later in the day to avoid this from happening again. I understand your disappointment and ask if you can please contact us directly. We value your business and would like to make it up to you.
gm@villageparkinn.com

Reviewed 26 September 2013

Really nice hotel. Very clean and service was wonderful. The continental breakfast was amazing. Definitely recommend staying here if possible....................................................................................

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 September 2013

This was the first hotel we stayed at for our final summer vacation and it caused our trip to not be off to a very enjoyable start. We checked in and the lady that served us was very rude, and almost mean. She definetely does not enjoy her job at all. The hotel was sold out so she made it very clear that she could care less if we were satisfied with their service or not.

I admit, my husband while trying to check in was a bit short and upset with her which in turn caused emotions to build in both of them. My spouse just kept asking for the clarification of something and she started to raise her voice at him and get more ignorant each time she spoke. When we finally managed to get us checked in there was no parking so it was an additional $10.00 to park underground.

We got to our room and noticed that the sofa bed pull out does not come with sheets, so I had to call the front desk to request them to which the front desk did not even answer. I ended up having to go down to the front desk and requesting them in person. At that time I also appologized to the lady about my partners behavior to which she made it clear that she wished that we would have just left. she was very rude to me.

The sheets finally arrived to our room about an hour after I requested them. The kids and their dad went to the pool while I sat in the room and waited for the sheets. The hot tub was broken down which was a big disapointment.

We got up early Saturday and headed out to Kananaskis country so we were out of the hotel by 8. We had a pretty good breakfast and off we went. When we arrived back aroun 9:00 pm. the toilet became plugged. Well, we tried calling the front desk to never have the call picked up so we ended up going down again. it took almost 90 minutes before they brought a plunger so I could unclog the toilet, and they brought it with a disgustingly filthy bucket of water that looked black as mud. I wish I had my camera. The thought of them smearing that mud water all over the bathroom floor where I shower and walk in bare feet caused me to not be able to sleep that night and I was sick to my stomach and could not wait to get out of that hotel. I still have trouble thinking about what would posess a hotel employee to think it is okay to not have to change the water that you wash floors with between hotel rooms. Seriousy have they no consideration of other guests? That is how bacteria, viruses and infections get transfered.

We checked out bright and early. Check out was smooth and it was appreciated to deal with someone other then the lady that checked us in.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Julz0826
Reviewed 2 September 2013 via mobile

It was ok check in & out easy
The construction of hot tub at the pool started early ran all day I was bothered by the sawdust flying around I choice not to use pool cause of this. The breakfast is a decent spread they just need to keep fresh food out ..it was almost empty at 9am they quickly made sure it was stocked up. Then room service came to clean room ..we hadn't checked out yet lol. It was ok

• Stayed: August 2013