We're a national speakers organization that speaks all over the world. We had an experience tonight that defies logic and certainly doesn't show any sense whatsoever that this hotel understands either the convention/meetings business or customer service.
We have their main meeting room booked for a meeting on Saturday morning. We were there on Friday evening at 7PM to approve the room set up - all organized ahead of time. The room was not ready and the staff working on it were unable to give us a time when they would be done or any sense of the size of the stage, which was our main concern.
After being pressed, they told us the room would be set up by midnight and so we said we would be back before midnight, as we were going to dinner with our internationally known speakers. We arrived back at the hotel at 10PM but were refused entry to the room. First of all the excuse was that they didn't have a key. After we pressed them (what about a fire - what happens?), the front desk person admitted they had an employee entrance but would not allow us even through that to view the room.
We have a heavily technical meeting with one hour to set up in the room and so they are jeopardizing the success of the meeting for now apparent reason. AND they were supposed to call me during the evening to tell me when the room would be set up for viewing. They didn't do that, either.
So, if you're planning a meeting at a hotel in Calgary, stay away from this hotel!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- FULLY RENOVATED. a new design will capture your eyes. new rooms will give your body a night of sleep that you will always remember. Classy, Modern, and comfortable. a piece of art is ready for you to stay and enjoy . The BEST WESTERN VILLAGE PARK INN is Spacious. Open, Warm and Welcoming. Plus we have great people waiting to serve and accommodate you. Discover this full-service Calgary hotel offering underground parking, high-speed Internet and convenient location in the heart of Calgary. The BEST WESTERN Village Park Inn takes great pride in offering attentive customer care to every guest traveling to Calgary for business or leisure. Hotel guests will find this the perfect location situated right off Highway 1 (Trans Canada) and the Calgary Light Rail System. The University of Calgary and McMahon Stadium are within walking distance from the hotel. World-renowned Children's Hospital and the Foothills Hospital are nearby. Business travelers will be near many corporate locations including the Garrison Business Park. For guests looking for things to do in Calgary, the hotel offers access to the Calgary Zoo, Calgary Stampede and Banff National Park. Each stylish and spaciously-appointed guest room features cable satellite television and high-speed Internet access. Enhanced amenities include an on-site restaurant and cocktail lounge, indoor swimming pool, executive club floor with VIP services and underground heated parking (fee). Business, conference, wedding and ballroom facilities are also available. Stay at the BEST WESTERN Village Park Inn for superior customer service and a great location in Calgary, Alberta! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Best Western Plus Village Park Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Village Park Hotel Calgary
- Best Western Village Park Inn Calgary
- Best Western Calgary
- Calgary Best Western