“Bill P "Great for business"”

Best Western Plus Suites Downtown
Ranked #28 of 109 Hotels in Calgary
Lethbridge, Canada
“Bill P "Great for business"”
Reviewed 24 October 2013

Clean, lots of outlets for our electronic age which is useful in business. My company booked me in to work the Stampede in 2013. I hope That they book me into the same Best Western next year. Right downtown, perfect.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank Bill P
Ari O, Manager at Best Western Plus Suites Downtown, responded to this review, 10 November 2013
Dear Bill P,

Thank you for taking the time to write a positive review about your stay with us earlier this year. Stampede can be a tough time to do business and I am truly delighted to learn that your visit did not disappoint and that the little pieces of your stay, such as the hotel’s ample outlets added to your experience. I hope your company books you here next year as well.

Best Wishes,

Guest Services Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 24 October 2013

George and his staff went out of their way to ensure that I had a wonderful stay. This hotel was highly recommended by a colleague and I wasn't disappointed. I loved being able to walk to restaurants and shops.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Randy M
Dear Randy,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel with regards to your summertime stay. It is important when our regular customers refer people our way that we deliver on what we are known for and we are happy to receive such high marks for it. We hope to see you next time you are in Calgary!

Kind Regards,

Sherwood Park
Reviewed 20 October 2013

I was in Calgary for 1 night in late August and booked this based on the proximity to my work site and price.

The check in was pretty smooth after waiting a few minutes while they attended to other customers.

You need to insert your key card on the elevator...not my favourite thing. I assume it was for security reasons given the downtown location. The suite was huge with 2 bedrooms, a massive living room, a kitchenette and dining area. The layout of the living room area was interesting in that the couch was close to 20 feet away from the TV so I just watched TV in my room. The bathroom could use some fixing up - some of the grout was a bit gross but otherwise pretty clean.

The street noise (Fire engines) was noticeable where I was located on the night that I stayed. Nothing the hotel can do about this but its good to be aware of the street noise.

The location was amazing and allowed me to walk to my work engagement on 16 Avenue. I also love the fact that there is a good cafe located across the street from the hotel.

The breakfast was pretty standard for a complimentary one. Free parking was a really nice feature because of the cost of parking in downtown Calgary.

Room Tip: Rooms on the East side, away from the street would be quieter
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
calgaryGeorgecalgary, General Manager at Best Western Plus Suites Downtown, responded to this review, 22 October 2013
Dear bald_giraffe,

Thank you so much for completing a review and we are pleased to read that you enjoyed both our facilities and location.

Thank you and look forward to hosting you in the near future.

Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 30 September 2013

I always enjoy my stay at this Best Western. Stay here frequently when I’m on business in Calgary, very convenient for nearby restaurants and bars. Has it all in my opinion, comfy beds, nice size rooms, good breakfast and accommodating for last minute reservations if available. One of those hotels you can book in advance with peace of mind.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank PravT
Dear PravT,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review about our hotel.

It is very gratifying to know that you always enjoy your business trips at our hotel.

Thank you and we look forward to seeing you in the near future.

Pickering, Canada
Reviewed 25 September 2013

Love this hotel, so convenient to everything. We were able to walk to all the sites., lots of restaurants and shopping. The room was large ,spacious. Loved having the one bedroom unit, our son was able to have the living room with pull-out couch to himself, with his own tv. Great views of the city, especially at night, love the lights!! The breakfast room is big and bright, and clean.
The staff is very friendly always smiling and helpful. The front desk is most helpful, gotta love their smiles after a long day of sight-seeing :)

Room Tip: We loved the room on the upper floors facing east ( I believe), great views and no street noise.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Verla T
Dear Verla T,

Thank you for the lovely review.
We are so happy that you enjoyed the one bedroom suite and our location.
We look forward to hosting you again in the near future.

Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 23 September 2013

I stay in Calgary fairly frequently and only stay here. The rooms a great - large and comfortable . The breakfast is wonderful, it changes daily a nice touch for when I'm there for a couple of nights. The staff is warm and friendly. They always find me a space to park my oversize Sprinter Van.
I will stay here every time I'm in Calgary

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Ed M
Ari O, Manager at Best Western Plus Suites Downtown, responded to this review, 24 September 2013
Dear Ed,

Thank you for taking the time to write a positive review about our property and for the unique comments. Great frequent guests like yourself are always an inspiration to the staff to continue their efforts.

We appreciate your continued patronage and hope to see you again soon!!

Kind regards,

Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 11 September 2013

I recently stayed at the Best Western Suites Downtown and had a great experience. The room was very spacious and clean. The breakfast in the morning was wonderful, a full hot breakfast and the ladies kept it very well stocked. I liked the fact that there was underground secure parking. And nice to do a load of laundry as well! I would definitely stay at this location again, nice and close to everything we needed and very friendly staff!

Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Sheffield C
calgaryGeorgecalgary, General Manager at Best Western Plus Suites Downtown, responded to this review, 13 September 2013
Dear Sheffield C,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel.
we appreciate your kind comments and will share us with our staff.

Again, thank you and we look forward to welcoming back in the near future.

Regards,