Best Western Plus Suites Downtown
Ranked #28 of 110 Hotels in Calgary
Reviewed 18 December 2013

I have been staying regularly for over 10 years and considering this property my home away home. I stay in the one bedroom suites which have separate living room and cooking facilities and still enough space to conduct my business affairs. If I require anything such as fax services, courier services I can get this done easily by the staff.

As a business traveller you like to see no hidden fees so the complimentary internet, parking and breakfast helps me to budget my trips.

They have a heated underground parking lot as well as an adequate above ground lot for visitors especially since parking in Calgary is very limited.

The maintenance staff (Alan , Izzy & Jay) are very helpful whenever I need to facilitate business from the apartment.

It is my intention of continuing my relationship with this property for years to come.

Room Tip: For people who are staying for a month or have family with them I recommend the two bedroom suites a...
1  Thank Leschack
Ari O, Manager at Best Western Plus Suites Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2014

It's a great pleasure to read your unique and positive review about our hotel. While the property and neighborhood have went thru many changes over the years it's good to know the regulars who have been with us thru it all haven't changed their view of what we try to accomplish everyday; to offer a great room at package pricing.

We look forward to hosting your future stays for years to come.

Kind regards,

Ari Othitis
Guest Services Manager
Best Western PLUS Suites Downtown Calgary

Reviewed 12 December 2013

We checked in and the first room had an electrical panel and the smoke detector were hanging lose, and looked right into an office building. The next room, pubic hairs in both beds and in the tub! So unclean. The third room in the middle of the night the mini fridge rattled, but I couldn't be bothered to change rooms again. The "Fitness Center" does not have a universal gym like shown on the website in the pictures... and the ceiling is so low, the gym is hot even though I asked 2x if the maintenance could turn the air-conditioning on, below what it's set to! The gym was crowded with 2 people and gross with 3. The bathroom in the Fitness Center area is outside of gym, and it looked like it hadn't been cleaned EVER.
The breakfast, well microwaved egg patties are not breakfast to me, nor were the tater tots!!! The price of this hotel is ridiculous for this dump!!! There is a Holiday Inn Express or a Sandman just down the street. RUN away from here. Oh and even though I had to change rooms 2x and wasn't happy with the 3rd room no price adjustment.

2  Thank kitsilanovancouver
calgaryGeorgecalgary, General Manager at Best Western Plus Suites Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2013

Dear kitsilanovancouver ,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a trip advisor review of our hotel!

I appreciate you responding to my email and by calling me back so we can discuss your comments. I appreciate your comment that it must have been an off day as we do pride ourselves on a clean and welcoming facility. We strive to ensure that we hold ourselves to the highest standards of customer service.
We are pleased to hear that you will stay with us again and look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel.

Reviewed 9 December 2013

This hotel was new to me and I was very impressed! It is not a large hotel and the room had more amenities than we needed. The bathtub was nice and deep, great for a bubble bath! The room had a mini kitchen area as well as a couch, desk and chair, table and two chairs. very nice. They had outside and underground parking for free. Our pickup was higher than the 6'1 allowed for underground.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Dear breezy07 ,

Thank you for your wonderful review of our hotel!

We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and our amenities and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 5 December 2013

I've stayed at this hotel a few times in the last while and it's still a good hotel; great location, efficient staff, and excellent breakfast. However, there are signs of wear and tear and the cleaning staff don't seem to do a good enough job, and the rates are higher now. The first room, had disgusting stains on the sheer curtains, I'm not sure what it was, but not a lovely sight. The coffee machine was full of coffee grinds so it wasn't great to use for tea.

The bathroom doors have chipped paint, and the under the bathroom sink there are knicks in the wood. There was hair in the bathtub that wasn't cleaned. There was a dirty napkin just behind the tv stand, and the exterior of the fridge was dirty.

If the cleaning improved, then I would say this is a 4 star review again but lately I've been disappointed with my stays. The heater fan is very noisy and not good for light sleepers. I tried to shut it off but it got a little cool so I got hot air blowing every few minutes instead.

1  Thank LovingSunandSand

Dear LovingSunandSand ,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of our hotel!
We greatly appreciate feedback and are pleased to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast and our location. We will pass your favourable comments onto our staff.
We are also pleased to advise that we are in the midst of ongoing renovations to keep our facility updated.

Thank you and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 5 December 2013

Is a really great hotel with great convenient location. Very helpful and friendly staff. Rooms and room service , Clean well stocked rooms with comfortable beds.
The restaurant is both convenient and good for breakfast or leisurely suppers with good service and quality, and choice of meals. All at a reasonable price. Everyone at this Hotel is very outgoing and friendly. I would stay at this hotel anytime I visit Calgary.

Dear bill b ,

Thank you for completing a trip advisor review.

We are so pleased to hear that you had a wonderful stay.

Thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 5 December 2013

Very convenient and enjoyable stay; appreciated comfort and attentive staff. Close to town but you can get around easily from this area, good and free parking. Most of all clean! Breakfast was really good and again, convenient when you're on the go. All in all a very nice stay and I will definitely be doing it again at this BW.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Dear Joan B,

Thank you for your trip advisor review!

We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed you stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Calgary.

Reviewed 1 December 2013

Close to shopping, restaurants & downtown, all within walking distance. Friendly staff, clean rooms, and the buffet breakfast was very good & included. Also free parking, which is a big deal for me, normally downtown hotels charge an arm & a leg for parking. Free internet & also a communal computer room to print off your boarding passes. Would stay there again in a heartbeat!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Navah B,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of our hotel.

We are happy to hear that you had good shopping days in Calgary and found the location convenient.

Thank you and look forward to seeing you again on your next trip.