“excellent”

Best Western Plus Port O'Call Hotel
Ranked #11 of 110 Hotels in Calgary
Reviewed 15 September 2012

during my official tour i got a chances to stay in this hotel.It was a excellent stay. The way i was treated at restaurant was awesome.staff at front desk are very professional and helpful.They will never let you feel that you are away from your home. Free shuttle service from airport is the best part.Climate of Calgary is one this which i would love to write about.Staff gave few good tips about the city which was very much helpful to me.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank passcal
Write a ReviewReviews (1,186)

Reviewed 13 September 2012

This hotel is clean, and efficiently run.

It is well located for an overnight in conjunction with a flight, as the airport is at hand. But his hardly makes it unique - there are many other hotels within airport range.

Also well located if you need to be on the north east edge of Calgary - a sprawling city (though with better than average transportation infrastructure).

Has a reasonably good complementary buffet breakfast.

Pool with water slide will appeal to kids.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Phil K
Reviewed 13 September 2012

i recently took my wife and kids aged 5 and 7 to Calgary and stayed at this terrific Best Western port of Call. The hotel has two really good sixe water slides and the kids loved that.

We needed a Cot for my younger son (the sofa turned into a bed for the older). within minutes the staff were ther to set it up for us. Exceptional manners too!

The restaurant had a buffet breakfast every morning and once again i have ot say the service was great the food excellent and we are still craving the food.

The front desk and room service never disappointed us. from giving us direction to delivery of our meals and snacks we were looked after like we were royalty.
We felt like royalty!!
Way to go Best Western Port of Call Calgary. i will always stay at this location on my return to Calgary.
Bim Pandya

Room Tip: we had a room facing the airport (so my kids could watch the planes take off and land - especially l...
1  Thank Bim P
Reviewed 4 September 2012

I came Calgary for the first time, thinking that I will stick at this place one week and think of something to complain so that I can get to the nearby Courtyard because I am a Marriott Platinum member.

But so far, this place turns out to be very decent, especially when I expected it to be a typical Best Western chain of lodging. The place is generally quiet. The door closes slowly behind you instead of loudly slams behind you.

They have a decent exercise room with a very decent swimming/playing area. It is definitely a good place for both parents and kids.

I arrived in my room just to notice that I have two double beds so I dialed 0 to the front desk. Instead of making me going back down, they sent someone up to my room less than 5 minutes with a set of keys for a room with single king-sized bed. I didn't have enough time to complain. ;)

Overall, I think this is a good value for for what I paid and I will definitely stay here on my next visit.

Room Tip: I got a king size bed on a high floor, away from the ice machine and elevator traffic.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Kevin D
Reviewed 25 August 2012

We travelled to Calgary as a family for a during the week getaway. We chose this hotel and reserved a room in advance based on that there were water slides and nice looking pool area. We were pleasantly surprised at the quality of the entire hotel and even more so at the cleanliness and well appointed room we were given. The room was lovely with modern decore, the beds were FANTASTIC and linens high quality, fresh and super clean. The front desk staff were helpful and check in and check out was provided in a timely fashion. We really enjoyed their pool area and our kids (and us) spent many hours over the course of our stay enjoying the water slides, hot tub and pool area. This really complimented our stay as a family.
The snack bar offered excellent fresh made to order coffee and a good variey of snacks. We dined in the restaurant for lunch which was above our expectations in food quality and presentation, although maybe a bit pricey.
Our stay was enjoyable and we left wanting more. Would definately recommend this hotel for families.

2  Thank Andrea J
Reviewed 23 August 2012

I have stayed at this hotel on several occasions. In the winter I like the fact that it has underground parking. There is also an indoor pool and a full service restaurant. The rooms have been renovated and come with flat screen TVs. The location was better before the direct route to the airport was cut off. A good choice if you are driving.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Mawman
Reviewed 18 August 2012

So they shagged up our reservation and gave us a room with a king sized bed. Not great since we were travelling with three kids and worse when they said that's what we booked. Of course, we ALWAYs book a room for 5 to share a KingSized bed! Oh yeah, and we had no pillows:) The FD staff were apologetic, brought us a cot and the pillows but offered nadda. It was a tight squeeze but we managed. The kids didn't care, they were on holidays! The pool was the savior. Lots of kids and a family fun hotel next to the airport. We returned when leaving Calgary and had a double Queens, way, way better, good room and more watersliding. In spite of the initial shag up it's a good and convenient location when getting an early morning flight.

2  Thank geoillogicalguy
CKYoung1, Manager at Best Western Plus Port O'Call Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2012

Dear geoillogicalguy,

Thank You for taking the time to share your recent experience at our hotel.
Please accept my apologies for not meeting your expectations regarding the details of your reservation and the manner in which the lack of amenities provided for the occupant of the rollaway bed. we will review our process and will place focus on being better. As a valued guest of our hotel, your positive experience is important to us, rest assured that steps are taken to prevent a recurrence.

CK Young General Manager