Best Western Plus Port O'Call Hotel
Hotels.com
US$194
US$182
  • Breakfast included
Best Western Plus Suites Downtown(Calgary)(Great Value!)
US$158
US$114
Hotel Elan(Calgary)
US$130
US$122
Hotel Elan
1,219 results
All reviewsport o callwater slidesgreat water parkcabana roomkiddie poolclose to the airportmain poolunderground parkinggreat family hotelhot tubbreakfast buffetfront desk stafffitness centerexcellent hotela great stayclean roomsfitness room
Reviewed 1 September 2013

we were able to check in early as I had a busines meeting to attend. this is an older hotel that has been remodedl - rest. lounge, conference room, 2 pools and hot tub\
we had a room where we could sit and watch the planes land....very fun.
I enjoyed the variety of cable channels as well AND a TV directory.

Room Tip: no free breakfast, so plan a good place to go.
Reviewed 26 August 2013

The water park pool at this hotel is phenomenal for kids. Would definitely recommend this hotel for families. There is also a separate pool available 24 hours a day. The rooms are very clean and spacious. We loved our stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed 25 August 2013

I checked into the hotel for 1 night for a sporting event. The check in was fast and efficient. When I went to my room, all the lights including the bathroom fan was on and I could hear the kids in the pool. My room faced the water park so the window did not open. I called the FD to inquire WHY all the lights were on and what time the pool closed...I was given the excuse that sometimes the housekeepers keep lights on for the guest because it is dark in the room..THAT is an excuse..I have worked in numerous hotels and housekeepers are NOT allowed to leave lights on.

After watching a certain show about hotel cleanliness, I went into the bathroom. The shower head was off the wall, the bathroom faucet was crooked, there was a hair in the bathtub and the toilet seat was disgustingly dirty as if it had never been cleaned and I noticed the toilet paper roll was not folded like housekeepers do. I took pictures and immediately went down to the FD and showed her what I found in the bathroom.

The FD agent did apologize and immediately upgraded me to a suite and reduced my rate to under $100.00, the ONLY issue with this room was the bathroom knob came off in my hand when I pulled the bathroom door open in the morning.

However, because of her prompt apology and willingness to correct it, this hotel receives an average rating from me on this stay.

Room Tip: Make sure to ask for a room that DOES NOT face the pool Stay higher than the 2nd floor...I think the rooms are newer above. If lights are on when you walk in, check first incase someone was there before you.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Akanshu P, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Port O'Call Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2013

Dear FtMacTompkins,

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

We have taken your feedback seriously & discussed your experience with our House Keeping & Maintenance team. We have taken necessary measures to champion such instances. This was one of the unfortunate experience which occurred , However, this is not a norm of our hotel. Also our guest room light & fan are on together because of having one common switch which apparently we keep it on in the pool side rooms in order to circulate humidity. We will look into the logistics of separating the switch for fan & light in pool facing rooms.

I would like to thank you for your kindness & generosity for appreciating our staff service & rating our service standards high.

We value your time for the feedback as it definitely help us to evaluate ourselves & enable us to be better positioned hotel in the market place.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at (403) 291-4600

Akanshu Popli
Front Office Manager
Best Western Plus Port O' Call Hotel

Reviewed 22 August 2013

We stayed at the hotel this past weekend. From start to finish it was a great experience. The manager was very accommodating in answering my questions via email. The staff was helpful and the hotel was very clean. My sister in law and her family along with my family travelled to Calgary to build some memories for our kids. We took them to Calway park but all they wanted to do was go back to the hotel and swim in the pool since it was +30 that day. So after spending several hours at Calway, we headed back to the pool. It is an amazing facility. The kids had a blast. The age range is 6years to 6 months and there was something for everyone. We had a great stay I highly recommend this place. We stayed in a family room, which wasn't necessary for our family of 4 but my sister in law with her family of 6 made good use of the larger room size and pull out bed.

Room Tip: Family room for larger families or for extra room, weekends was cheaper than weekdays
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 August 2013

close to airport free parking and over all very good experience. Pleasant staff very clean facility with easy access to major highway. good amenities including wifi and good restaurant. Rooms are spacious, clean and noise is not a factor either from guests in the hotel of from the airport as it is close by

Review collected in partnership with Best Western