“Atrium Cafe Worth A Visit”

Delta Calgary South Hotel
Ranked #44 of 109 Hotels in Calgary
Reviewed 13 October 2013

I live in Calgary, yet I visit this restaurant regularly for dinner, Sunday brunches, and (as was the case tonight) a four course Thanksgiving Dinner, managed by a very talented Holly. She made my family and I feel welcome and has a delightful personality. The chef, Dana Rogers, planned the menu very carefully. I enjoy the Apple Jack, a before dinner drink made with three kinds of apples! On top of the glass was a wee apple chip. What a fresh start to a Fall meal. The carrot and grilled zucchini ribbon salad was light and crisp and the roasted turkey roulade was moist and plentiful. It was lovely to have a light dessert, rather than a heavy one - a pumpkin pie brulee. The highlight, however, was Holly (the manager). She made my elderly parents and I feel like we were the only family there. She is to be commended. We are looking forward to returning to the Atrium Café in two weeks for Sunday brunch. Thanks, again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
DeltaCalgarySouth135, Director of Sales at Delta Calgary South Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2013

Thanks so much for sharing your review, we're proud of Holly and Chef Dana's efforts and the impact they had on your family's Thanksgiving Celebration. Thank you again for sharing and we look forward to welcoming you back for Sunday Brunch.

Reviewed 7 October 2013

Stayed here 1 night last week for a business trip. Downtown Calgary was mostly sold out. What was left was tired old places that didn't look very nice.

Delta was very comfortable and great value. The service was good and while the hotel itself has aspects that seem dated, the room I was in was updated and modern, very spacious and good internet speed.

In the morning the staff was serving coffee in the lobby which was a nice touch!

It's about a $25 ride downtown but about $60 from the airport.

I would def stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for sharing your review princessS, we're glad to hear the room and especially the Internet access met your needs. It is also great to hear you enjoyed the Complimentary Starbucks Coffee in our Lobby. We hope to welcome you back next time your travels bring you to South Calgary.

Reviewed 4 October 2013

One night spent at the hotel in preparation for a meeting in the immediate area.
Pretty good overall and nothing significantly negative that I might now remember - that's a good sign. Staff at the restaurant in the Atrium section were particularly accommodating.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
DeltaCalgarySouth135, Director of Sales at Delta Calgary South Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2013

Thank you for sharing your review, we're glad to hear we met you expectations and that our location was a good fit for your visit.

Reviewed 30 September 2013

Rooms are very dated, mattresses seem to be 100 years old, and the controller for the A/C does not seem to respond to the settings (I could not turn the a/c off!, the fan kept going throughout the night). Internet connection was really bad, I could barely send and receive a few emails, not to mention not being able to do Skype or Facetime.

Bathroom was very clean and the gentleman at the front desk very courteous.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank MN_Global

Thank you for sharing your review, please accept our apolgies for the Internet and Bed not meeting your needs. We have shared your feedback with our IT and Housekeeping departments in an effort to pin point and remedy both issues. (We will do our best to identify which room you occupied) Thank you again for sharing your review, we appreciate it.

Reviewed 17 September 2013

Selected the Delta Calgary South due to proximity of work (visiting corporate office from another city).

I was greeted warmly both at the front entrance and by the front desk clerk. Check-in was quick; directions to room in the Atrium building were accurate. After walking into the room I get now why so many of our company employees stay here on business - not only for the proximity to our corporate office but for the room amenities.

The room was spacious and well appointed from the clean, bright bathroom (light over the bathtub; light over the open shelving housing shampoo, etc.) to the chair/ottoman with great reading light and chair side table. The iHome clock with iPod docking station and option for soothing night-time sounds to help get you to sleep was a nice treat. I appreciated the smart desk - lots of room to spread out files. Lots of room to hang clothes and the full-length mirror helped to ensure I looked my best before leaving for work.

I requested a bowl and spoon from the front desk so I could enjoy a bowl of cereal in the morning and this was delivered promptly by a lovely man to asked if I needed anything else; he asked if I was enjoying my stay; and he made sure to let "us" know if there was anything else the staff could do to help me enjoy my stay.

Bed and linens and pillows - so fabulous and comfortable!

The location can't be beat - so close to many restaurants and shopping.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
DeltaCalgarySouth135, Director of Sales at Delta Calgary South Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2013

Thank you for sharing your review on Trip Advisor, we're glad to hear you enjoyed our location and our team members were able to make a difference during your stay. We hope to welcome yourself and your colleagues back soon!

Reviewed 8 September 2013

worst hotel experience ever. first time i stayed here a couple weeks ago, the elevator broke and i was stuck until a 3rd party company could make it there and get me out. when the doors opened, there wasn't even a hotel representative there to be hospitable in the least bit. even the guy getting the doors open was on the roof of the elevator. I had an event going on in one of their ballrooms that i was headed down to with the A/V equipment for the presentation so the other staff couldn't even do anything without me there.

unfortunately we had already booked another event for this same hotel and on our arrival tonight, the front desk guy was a very rude which is a whole other story. oh, and the rooms are tiny.

Room Tip: choose a room at another hotel.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank chriscQ7435UL
DeltaCalgarySouth135, Director of Sales at Delta Calgary South Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2013

Thank you for sharing your review on Trip Advisor Chris C. Please accept our sincere apologies for the lack of hotel staff representation and follow up when you were let out of the elevator as well as the experience on check-in during your subsequent stay. What you experienced is unacceptable and we would more than welcome the chance to discuss what we are able to do to make things right for you, and also your colleagues that may have had to wait for your arrival and set up prior to your event. Please contact me directly at gerickson@deltacalgarysouth.com. In addition, we have shared your feedback with our team in an effort to minimze the probability of a guest having a similar experience to yourself. Thank you again for sharing your review.

Reviewed 7 September 2013

Nice hotel, a little dated but OK.
Room size was smallish, but tasetefully decorated.
Clean.
Good front desk service.
Okay waterslide, pool and amenities.

In general, a mid class hotel for a mid class budget. Don't expect too much and you'll enjoy it.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor, we'll share your feedback with our Front Desk Team, thanks again for sharing!