“NEVER AGAIN WILL I BOOK A ROOM HERE FYI!”

Delta Calgary South Hotel
Ranked #43 of 109 Hotels in Calgary
Brooks, Canada
“NEVER AGAIN WILL I BOOK A ROOM HERE FYI!”
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Never in my life have I ever had the most difficult time booking a room for someone over the phone! They ask me to go online and fill out their secure billing, so I tried, but nothing comes up but a blank screen! Then I call, they put me on hold, then they try to walk me through it like I'm a 5 year old, it doesn't work! Holy F! Just make life easier and let people book rooms for people, it's not F'N rocket science!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Donna M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
Reviewed 8 June 2014

My recent stay at Delta Calgary South was an excellent experience. The staff is extremely hospitable as well as helpful. My room was in the Atrium and very comfortable; from the bed and pillows, to the bathroom with a great shower and very nice personal products provided, to the in-room coffee maker, and plenty of space to spread out for someone traveling on business, what more could you want? One last thing, the Sunday brunch is something every guest should try. The selection is just unbelievable! I wouldn't hesitate to stay at this hotel again!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Sandra P
DeltaYYCSouth, Front Office Manager at Delta Calgary South Hotel, responded to this review, 4 July 2014
Thank you for your great comments! I was very glad you enjoyed your recent stay with us and appreciate your great feedback about our Sunday Brunch.
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 30 May 2014

The Delta Calgary South is well-located for a business traveller, like myself, visiting locations in Southern Calgary, thus minimizing the time spent sitting in traffic.
Knowing I was in the Atrium, not the tower, I drove directly to the atrium entrance and parked in their convenient outdoor lot with plenty of spaces available. On entering, I was greeted by a very nice receptionist who informed me I would have to go all the way over to the tower entrance to check in. This seems rather poorly thought out, as they should have the ability to check in at either main entrance. At least she offered to hold my bags or have them delivered to my room so I wouldn't have to carry them through the lobby, atrium, up to the third floor, across the skywalk, back down to the main floor and through the lobby to check in (read this in reverse for the return trip).
All the staff I met in the hotel were very friendly, polite and courteous. Actually, exceptionally so!
The room was overlooking the main road and did not suffer too much from road noise (except the occasional motorcycle). The shower was of a reasonable strength and the in-room small kitchenette was a nice bonus!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Travelling_Axe
Thank you for your feedback and I would like to apologize for the confusion with the arrival location but was very pleased to hear you enjoyed the rest of your stay with us.
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We chose this hotel due to it's close proximity to the lrt. Room was decent and clean. Hotel was quiet, front desk staff courteous and efficient. We ate in the pub and the food was good. The waitress heard us say we were running a little late and put a rush on our order. Altogether a positive experience.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your comments, it is great to know we were able to provide a pleasant experience.
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 24 May 2014

We love so much about this hotel but the noise on our last trip was unbearable. Carts going on tile floors to the elevator in the middle of the night out side our door. Drunk guests pounding on doors and yelling from the third floor down to the desk. Security would do well to be more visble in stopping this behaviour.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank ernieismydog
I thank you for taking your time to provide feedback to us on your recent experience at the Delta Calgary South hotel. I sincerely apologize for the noise issues you faced and we will ensure this is part of our ongoing improvement work.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 4 May 2014

A fair size group of us (80) had rooms this weekend for a family event. Most of us had at least one comment.
Male staff members asking women for their room numbers in pubic, maybe innocent, but certainly poor security training.
An undercooked omelet is returned burned black on round 2.
A complaint against a bar tender leads to refusal of service the next day.
The same bartender sneezes into his hands a goes on with serving the platters. When asked to wash his hands.
And I quote "You don't need to tell me what to do, I've been here 20 years, I know my job"
An arranged set up for a group area for breakfast at 9. At 8:45 those of us that are already there ask if we can set up. I quote "well its too late now"
Its fairly obvious that the place is run by 30 year old MBA's. Its not the cheapest toilet paper in the world just the second cheapest and they a fairly frugal about putting in the rooms. My wife and I were out of toilet paper and Kleenex 8 hours into our stay.
BTW make sure you have plenty of room on your credit card, they take a $300 security deposit for each room booked under your name. If you have several it can take a bite.
Whatever you do, do not complain about anything, they will get even.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Jay F
Duncan, Canada
Reviewed 28 April 2014

We just spent the weekend in Calgary, and stayed at the Delta hotel. We were traveling with my baby, who they accommodated very well. The room was recently renovated and was very clean, comfy, and modern. We stayed on the atrium side which was really nice, made use of the hot tub and had breakfast brunch both mornings. They even brought my son a little goodie bag while we were eating our breakfast. The staff was incredibly helpful and friendly. We also attended a wedding at the hotel, it was fantastic!! Great food, nice venue, friendly staff.

Room Tip: The atrium side was recently renovated but they will be renovating the other side.