All reviewsmacleod trailclose to downtownstampede parkbathroom doorhot tubchinook centerfront desk staffc trainjacuzzi suitebreakfast was excellentbreakfast roomeasy accessenjoyable stayrecommend this hotelhot breakfastdecent hotelcomfortable bed
Reviewed 14 May 2013

Women's long hairs were there on bed and towels. The garbage was not collected properly. The wake alarm does not ring. Internet was very slow, hotel did have the gift shop to buy items or sacks. Overall did like staying

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
2  Thank Mohammed S
alnoor61049, General Manager at Best Western Plus Calgary Centre Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2013

We appreciate your feedback. The cleanliness of our rooms is of the highest priority and we ensure that every room is meticulously cleaned and checked. Your comment concerns us and I assure you that this will be brought up with our staff. While the hotel internet is set up to provide fast service for our guests, on rare occasions the sheer volume of internet traffic in the area creates some glitches. We apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused and will look into what can be done to ensure an even more consistent high speed internet service.

Reviewed 29 April 2013

It's close to downtown Calgary/stampede grounds (short drive) and is on a main road for getting to Chinook Centre & getting to Ikea. Had a free breakfast. Food was average with moderate amount of choices (yogurt, cereals, oatmeal, toast/bagels, pancakes, breakfast sausage, scrambled eggs, pastries). Room was clean and comfortable and had a fridge and microwave. Even though the hotel is on a main road, did not hear traffic in our room. The bathroom was clean but dated. Good quality bed, pillows, duvet as well as couch. The front desk staff were VERY friendly and helpful (for giving directions, providing dining suggestions). Pool area was nice and clean. The hot tub was perfect temperature. Priced well.
NOTE: still had designated smoking rooms so make sure you ask for non-smoking when booking (I hate that it still lets people smoke in hotel rooms). However, did not smell smoke when in our own room. There is also no restaurant in the hotel so you have to find your own place for lunch/supper.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for smoking/non-smoking room when booking as there still are designated smoking rooms.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank TanzlyB

We are glad you had such a great experience! There are some wonderful restaurants in the area that cater to all price ranges and taste buds. On your next stay with us, I invite you to ask our front desk staff for recommendations. Come back soon!

Reviewed 28 April 2013

I was in dire need of a hotel with under a weeks notice and this was available. I was not keen on it because the other hotels, Days Inn and Holiday Inn close by are very sketchy and figured the same. I was shocked of the value and how clean the property and rooms were. The proximity to the downtown core even during rush hour was about 10-15 minutes at most.

I stayed in a King bed room and were quite spacious with a good seating area and desk to do business related tasks. This room had a fridge which was nice to store some cold drinks. The bathroom was nothing special and your typical fare. The bed however was quite comfortable with huge pillows. This had to be my favorite part of the room, the bed. Nice to see in a lower valued hotel.

While I much rather stay downtown this is a great alternative in a pinch and the value (despite how ridiculously priced Calgary is) was good.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank ShaunEdm

We appreciate you sharing your positive experience with us! We pride ourselves in the friendliness of our staff, the cleanliness of our rooms and property, and the comfort of our beds. After all, a good night’s sleep goes a long way on a business trip or vacation. Thanks for staying with us!

Reviewed 22 April 2013

went to work in Calgary and I stayed there 3 nigths on march 2013 and is one of the not too bad B. western I have stayed in … this was quite better than all the others..
The room was fresh and clean. And I got a nice jacuzzi on it! The breakfast was better than usual in the best westerns. and the service was very nice too. The bad thing is that this location there is no restaurant close so there is no room service or so. Good but I won't stay there again.

Room Tip: the higher the best and the one with jacuzzi
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank kenys

We’re glad you enjoyed your stay. If the proximity of restaurants will entice you to come back, be sure to ask our front desk staff. There are some excellent restaurants in the area to suit every budget and palette!

Reviewed 22 April 2013

I had called to secure a reservation and I dealt with Clayton. He was professional and went above and beyond. Very, accomodating....and I can be high maintenance! My experience with Dan on check-on was terrific, and the rooms large and clean. I arrived after 10:00 and was disspaointed I missed the hours of the hot tub. Dan allowed me to use the facility past the operating hours (shhh). A welcome treat after a long drive. Will stay here again!

Room Tip: The rooms behind the hotel has the "C-Train" A non issue for me, but perhaps a light sleeper may be impacted.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business