All reviewsmacleod trailclose to downtownstampede parkbathroom doorhot tubchinook centerfront desk staffc trainjacuzzi suitebreakfast was excellentbreakfast roomeasy accessenjoyable stayrecommend this hotelhot breakfastdecent hotelcomfortable bed
Reviewed 23 May 2013

I've always enjoyed staying at Best Western Plus's in the past, however, this hotel left a lot to be desired :( My hubby, son and I stayed at this hotel during the Calgary Fan Expo at the end of April, and from the get go, we were less than impressed with this hotel or it's staff. The check in to this hotel was not great-staff wasn't very friendly nor helpful. The phone in our room didn't work at all and wasn't replaced til the next day. We stayed there for four nights and had the hot brekkie each morning, however, it was the same boring food every morning. Now, I realize that this is a complimentary hot breakfast, however, I've had the pleasure of staying at other Best Western Plus's in the past, and this place was not NEARLY as good as the others I have stayed at. The checkout was a nightmare and the clerk that was giving us our bill got the amount wrong and in the end, whom I assume was the front desk manager, had to step in, smooth things over, correct our bill, and check us out. I would seriously think twice about staying here again in the future. The only good thing about this place was the close proximity to the Saddledome.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that does NOT face the busy Macleod Trail South. We were lucky, we were on the back side of the hotel facing the C train.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank PussycatBC_Canada
alnoor61049, General Manager at Best Western Plus Calgary Centre Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2013

We appreciate your feedback and I’m sorry to hear about your experience. We consistently receive comments that our staff is very friendly and focused on guest satisfaction. Based on the feedback received we have added items to our breakfast. We do work hard to make sure check-in and check-out is quick and easy, however, I will bring your concerns to the attention of our staff during our next training session to ensure we continue to improve our processes. We hope you’ll stay with us again to see how you helped make us even better!

Reviewed 15 May 2013

Clean and comfortable. Close to down town and attractions. We walked to some nice restaurants and to the Casino.. quick cab ride back. Lot's to see and do in the area. Front desk staff were really helpful and friendly. Quiet. Breakfast was decent (yogurt, cereal, variety of bread and bagels for toast with jams and peanut butter, eggs, sausage, pancakes, juices and coffee). Definitely would recommend this.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank justmy0pinion

A recommendation of our property and service is a true compliment! Thank you. We look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed 14 May 2013

Women's long hairs were there on bed and towels. The garbage was not collected properly. The wake alarm does not ring. Internet was very slow, hotel did have the gift shop to buy items or sacks. Overall did like staying

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
2  Thank Mohammed S

We appreciate your feedback. The cleanliness of our rooms is of the highest priority and we ensure that every room is meticulously cleaned and checked. Your comment concerns us and I assure you that this will be brought up with our staff. While the hotel internet is set up to provide fast service for our guests, on rare occasions the sheer volume of internet traffic in the area creates some glitches. We apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused and will look into what can be done to ensure an even more consistent high speed internet service.

Reviewed 29 April 2013

It's close to downtown Calgary/stampede grounds (short drive) and is on a main road for getting to Chinook Centre & getting to Ikea. Had a free breakfast. Food was average with moderate amount of choices (yogurt, cereals, oatmeal, toast/bagels, pancakes, breakfast sausage, scrambled eggs, pastries). Room was clean and comfortable and had a fridge and microwave. Even though the hotel is on a main road, did not hear traffic in our room. The bathroom was clean but dated. Good quality bed, pillows, duvet as well as couch. The front desk staff were VERY friendly and helpful (for giving directions, providing dining suggestions). Pool area was nice and clean. The hot tub was perfect temperature. Priced well.
NOTE: still had designated smoking rooms so make sure you ask for non-smoking when booking (I hate that it still lets people smoke in hotel rooms). However, did not smell smoke when in our own room. There is also no restaurant in the hotel so you have to find your own place for lunch/supper.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for smoking/non-smoking room when booking as there still are designated smoking rooms.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank TanzlyB

We are glad you had such a great experience! There are some wonderful restaurants in the area that cater to all price ranges and taste buds. On your next stay with us, I invite you to ask our front desk staff for recommendations. Come back soon!

Reviewed 28 April 2013

I was in dire need of a hotel with under a weeks notice and this was available. I was not keen on it because the other hotels, Days Inn and Holiday Inn close by are very sketchy and figured the same. I was shocked of the value and how clean the property and rooms were. The proximity to the downtown core even during rush hour was about 10-15 minutes at most.

I stayed in a King bed room and were quite spacious with a good seating area and desk to do business related tasks. This room had a fridge which was nice to store some cold drinks. The bathroom was nothing special and your typical fare. The bed however was quite comfortable with huge pillows. This had to be my favorite part of the room, the bed. Nice to see in a lower valued hotel.

While I much rather stay downtown this is a great alternative in a pinch and the value (despite how ridiculously priced Calgary is) was good.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank ShaunEdm

We appreciate you sharing your positive experience with us! We pride ourselves in the friendliness of our staff, the cleanliness of our rooms and property, and the comfort of our beds. After all, a good night’s sleep goes a long way on a business trip or vacation. Thanks for staying with us!