All reviewsmacleod trailclose to downtownstampede parkbathroom doorhot tubchinook centerfront desk staffc trainjacuzzi suitebreakfast was excellentbreakfast roomeasy accessenjoyable stayrecommend this hotelhot breakfastdecent hotelcomfortable bed
Reviewed 9 July 2013

I stayed there for two nights in July, 2013. I have to say the staff were fantastic, the accommodations were not. The hotel is run down and needs a full renovation. The carpets in the halls were very dirty, and he rooms had issues. The first room they gave me the A/C was not working, after four hours the temperature dropped from 81 to 77 and did not appear to get any cooler. They did move me, without any hassle, which was great. The room they moved me to was an upgrade (appreciated) but the desk chair was broken on the back and was very uncomfortable. I did not bring this to their attention, as I had already taken up much of their time that day. i think a full reno is in order in this hotel to bring it up to standards.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank rpm42
alnoor61049, General Manager at Best Western Plus Calgary Centre Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2013

Thank you for your feedback. I’m glad our staff took good care of you during your stay because customer service is our top priority. We are planning renovations that we are very excited about! Sincerely,

Reviewed 1 July 2013

The 1st impression was a small entrance hall. Then was the check-in experience. we were sent to a 3rd floor room which bath was under remodeling. Had to bring our luggage to 1st floor, but didn't like the room that was given to us next to the entrance. After 20 minutes we finally checked into a room in the 3rd floor again.

We paid over $156 plus tax for the stay, more than any 2.5-star hotels in the US.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Xiaodan Q

Rooms undergoing renovations are usually blocked off and we apologize for this oversight. We want to ensure you that we are diligent in polling the market to ensure our rates are competitive with other similar hotels in the Calgary area.

Reviewed 23 May 2013

I've always enjoyed staying at Best Western Plus's in the past, however, this hotel left a lot to be desired :( My hubby, son and I stayed at this hotel during the Calgary Fan Expo at the end of April, and from the get go, we were less than impressed with this hotel or it's staff. The check in to this hotel was not great-staff wasn't very friendly nor helpful. The phone in our room didn't work at all and wasn't replaced til the next day. We stayed there for four nights and had the hot brekkie each morning, however, it was the same boring food every morning. Now, I realize that this is a complimentary hot breakfast, however, I've had the pleasure of staying at other Best Western Plus's in the past, and this place was not NEARLY as good as the others I have stayed at. The checkout was a nightmare and the clerk that was giving us our bill got the amount wrong and in the end, whom I assume was the front desk manager, had to step in, smooth things over, correct our bill, and check us out. I would seriously think twice about staying here again in the future. The only good thing about this place was the close proximity to the Saddledome.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that does NOT face the busy Macleod Trail South. We were lucky, we were on the back side of the hotel facing the C train.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank PussycatBC_Canada

We appreciate your feedback and I’m sorry to hear about your experience. We consistently receive comments that our staff is very friendly and focused on guest satisfaction. Based on the feedback received we have added items to our breakfast. We do work hard to make sure check-in and check-out is quick and easy, however, I will bring your concerns to the attention of our staff during our next training session to ensure we continue to improve our processes. We hope you’ll stay with us again to see how you helped make us even better!

Reviewed 15 May 2013

Clean and comfortable. Close to down town and attractions. We walked to some nice restaurants and to the Casino.. quick cab ride back. Lot's to see and do in the area. Front desk staff were really helpful and friendly. Quiet. Breakfast was decent (yogurt, cereal, variety of bread and bagels for toast with jams and peanut butter, eggs, sausage, pancakes, juices and coffee). Definitely would recommend this.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank justmy0pinion

A recommendation of our property and service is a true compliment! Thank you. We look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed 14 May 2013

Women's long hairs were there on bed and towels. The garbage was not collected properly. The wake alarm does not ring. Internet was very slow, hotel did have the gift shop to buy items or sacks. Overall did like staying

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
2  Thank Mohammed S

We appreciate your feedback. The cleanliness of our rooms is of the highest priority and we ensure that every room is meticulously cleaned and checked. Your comment concerns us and I assure you that this will be brought up with our staff. While the hotel internet is set up to provide fast service for our guests, on rare occasions the sheer volume of internet traffic in the area creates some glitches. We apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused and will look into what can be done to ensure an even more consistent high speed internet service.