“Great staff and clean simple room”

Best Western Airport Inn
Ranked #55 of 109 Hotels in Calgary
GreenLeadersGold level
Calgary, Canada
“Great staff and clean simple room”
Reviewed 11 June 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights while my house was having construction done on it. Having parking, breakfast, and internet included was a major major plus for me, and would bring me back for that reason alone. The room was simple and clean, which is all I require in a room really. The staff was incredibly helpful and able to secure me an early check in the first morning that I desperately needed.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank RBCanada99
BWAInn, Manager at Best Western Airport Inn, responded to this review, 18 June 2013
thank you for your compiment and we hope to see you again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
  • Thai first
Stony Plain AB Canada
Reviewed 24 May 2013

Booked this place thinking it would be close to the airport - not so much. The room was okay - but very noisy - children playing hockey in the hallway, breakfast dishes being smacked around at 7 in the morning. The complimentary breakfast was tasty, but the noise was very distracting.

Room Tip: Maybe a higher floor?
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Just-plain-folk
BWAInn, General Manager at Best Western Airport Inn, responded to this review, 24 May 2013
Thank you for taking time and writing a review about us. Sorry that we are not close to the airport. due to the upgrade of the airpiort in Calgary all the hotels are so much further away and it is common to all the hotels in entire north east hotels which all are called airport hotels. time to time we do get team to stay with us and I am sorry about the noise. I must thank you for your comment on our breakfast.

Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 23 May 2013

The overall hotel seemed old, our room smelt like smoke at times and the fit and finish of the rooms are starting to show there age. The room we stayed in was really small.

On a positive note, they did offer a very good selection for breakfast and the staff were more then helpful.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank joshturbo
Thank you for your review. We have planned our upgrades and it will begin soon. Our staff members will be happy to hear for your compliments.

Khos
Morton, Washington, Usa
Reviewed 22 May 2013

Selected this hotel because of having an airport shuttle service and the staff were very good, especially the Manager.
Also, it was easy to visit downtown as a bus stop was around the corner (Route 19).

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

1 Thank Ronald F
thank you so much and we will see you when you are in Calgary next time.

Khos
Alberta, Canada
Reviewed 23 March 2013

I stayed here twice in March. During my first stay, I asked for a wake-up call for my first morning, and received it. I repeated my request for the second morning, but did not get one! Result: I had to miss breakfast, and was late for an important appointment. I complained about this to the receptionist as I was checking out. I also mentioned the horrendously loud partying that had gone on in the hallway of the 3rd floor the night by some inebriated males, noting that the evening security guard had managed, with difficulty, to quieten them down. The receptionist reduced my bill by $15.00 for the inconveniences I had endured. During my second stay, a week later, I tried calling the front desk to request a wake-up call, but got a busy signal on three separate occasions. Finally, I set the brand-new alarm clock I had brought with me, and hoped it would work and wake me up. It did, so from now on, I will not rely on wake-up calls. The hotel has improved since I stayed here in October, 2010. The lobby now has two computers, one of which is hooked up to a printer. They have been moved to the right of the automatic doors, so the location is not so cold. Parking can be problematic when the hotel is full (which it frequently is). There is a drainage problem in the southern parking lot, with a pool of water 4" (10 cm) deep in the middle of the lot. This turns to ice when it freezes. There are no side entrances/exits to the hotel, only the lobby. The fitness centre is very small, and the stair climber was not working when I tried it. Staff members, especially the manager, Mr. Khos Bayansan, are friendly, and breakfast (hot and cold) is reasonably varied (but why is the cutlery divided into two different places?

Room Tip: The western section faces a residential area, and is quiet. The ground floor sees a great deal of tr...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Professional-Pilgrim
Vancouver |Canada
Reviewed 15 March 2013

I stayed at this hotel while my niece was playing in a volleyball tournament. The fact that a hot breakfast is included in the room rate makes it a good value for families. The room we had was at the very end of the hall. Not sure if it was one of the poorer rooms on the floor, but when we opened drawers in both the desk and the night table,. they would not close and kept rolling open. I don't know if the problem was the drawers or the floor being sloped, but it was a little spooky. We had to jam some paper into the drawer or the night table in order to keep it closed so as to avoid unwelcome knee injury from running into it when getting out of bed. We did not spend much time in the hotel, otherwise we would have asked to change rooms. The bathroom is quite cramped and gets very hot when taking a shower. Maid service was a little below par as they did not replenish the sugar packets the second day.

Room Tip: Check the drawers after you check in.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family