“First and Last stay at this Hotel”
Review of Hotel Blackfoot

Hotel Blackfoot
Ranked #21 of 110 Hotels in Calgary
Reviewed 22 June 2011

This 2 night stay was a Hotwire Fail for sure. 3.5 stars on Hotwire usually gets us a Sheraton or Hilton etc. I'm not sure how they think this Hotel even compares. The room was just okay, extremely small bathroom and the carpet was quite dated. The front desk staff was unaccommodating and wanted $50 extra per night for a King bed. Asked for a high floor and got the 2nd floor, no way the hotel was even close to full like we were told. There was a lot of noise in the hallways and the 2nd night there was an all out yelling match a few doors down for quite awhile. Not a good stay overall, we will never use Hotwire again because of it and stick to The Hampton Inn's and Hiltons. Lesson learned.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank EdmontontoVegas

Reviewed 20 June 2011

I stayed here for two nights earlier this month for a business trip and thought the stay was excellent. I was greeted kindly enough on the phone when making the reservation and was able to obtain an email confirmation, too. The hotel was easy to find, especially after noticing the large "INN" word on Google Street View. After arriving, I was quickly checked in and offered a cookie. Literally. My room was literally as far from the front desk as possible, all the way at the end of the hall, and therefore afforded plenty of privacy. The room itself was very clean and offered all the needed amenities, including room service. All mechanics were in good working order, and if you've read any of my other posts, you know how thankful I was, as a frequent international business traveler, to discover an actual hot shower. The shower was great! The view out of the room was so-so... I was only able to view the outdoor pool, which was not yet open, and the surrounding industrial area. The bed was medium-hardness. The room service food was delivered with a smile and still hot; it was also delicious. The room was of sufficient size to allow a separate seating area and workspace... I was only a little cramped when trying to iron my shirt.

Overall, I had a great time here. I saw prior reviews that indicated the service and furniture were a little outdated. I think that's part of the old-fashioned charm that most people are looking to find in a hotel, though. Nothing about this Inn is really modern, but nonetheless I was extremely pleased with my stay.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank rileigh15
Reviewed 13 June 2011

My mother, sister and I stayed here for 3 nights on a shopping trip. We were close to Ikea and many other surrounding stores. We were also a hop, skip and jump from Glenmore Trail which took us to the Chinook Shopping Centre on Macleod Tr. The room was clean and comfy. The maid didn't seem to know how to make a bed, but no big deal. We also had a bit of trouble with room service. The front desk personnel were very nice. There were groups staying in the hotel over the weekend for sports tournaments and we were worried that the noise would be a disturbance. They understood our concern and put us in a room at the end of the hallway (furthest from the stairs/elevator). We ate in the restaurant twice (for breakfast) and found it satisfactory. Free internet and free parking also add to the value. Overall, a good hotel and a great value.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Reginaredhead
Reviewed 10 June 2011

I stayed here on my first night in Calgary. I don't know the area yet, so I can't comment on that. There is a rental car company across the road (enterprise).

The room was super clean and the soap they provided smells nice.

The people at the front desk were efficient and pleasant.

• Stayed: June 2011
1  Thank JulesReviews
Reviewed 12 May 2011

Our room was immaculately clean which is very important when travelling with young children and the front desk staff were very friendly. The beds were extremely comfortable and I was very happy with our stay.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank MountainLover26
Reviewed 17 April 2011

Great location.. Not a three star as advertised on hotwire..old furniture on its last legs.. An unsitable desk chair but clean and the plumbing works. Elevator did some scary stuff. The food here is very very good. I would come back for that alone. Keep yer clothes on in the room tho.. Housekeeping barges in like a team of bull elephants.. To be fair they comped me a meal because i was so angry.. If they do it to you just call the cops... No excuse for that to happen.

• Stayed: April 2011
2  Thank rlinmt
Reviewed 10 January 2011

Hotel was very clean, quiet and the hotel staff were exeptional!! The Restaurant had great food, fantastic presentation, but the service was by far the worst service I have ever received, on 3 different occaions. I would not stay at this hotel again due to the poor service in the restaurant.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with friends