“A Nice Stay”

Ranked #25 of 109 Hotels in Calgary
Sherwood Park, Alberta, Canada
“A Nice Stay”
Reviewed 3 May 2012

We recently spent two nights at the Blackfoot Inn as the location seemed convenient for travel to the BMO Centre Entertainment Expo. We weren't disappointed and had a very comfortable stay. Easy drive to expo and close to the Chinook Centre Mall. Free parking, comfortable beds, clean rooms, and quiet. Daughter would have slept better if there were blackout curtains but husband and I were fine. Also enjoyed the hot tub and steam room and had the room to ourselves.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Sandra H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
  • Korean first
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 2 May 2012

My husband and I spent 2 nights at Hotel Blackfoot and loved it. The room was great and the bed probably the most comfortable hotel bed I've ever slept in. The staff were all very friendly and when the TV remote needed new batteries, someone was at our door in just a couple minutes!! We will definitely stay again and again.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AB_EMD
Edmonton, Alberta
Reviewed 30 March 2012

I stayed at this hotel and the room was nice, the room was clean everything about the building was nice. My only issue was with the staff. The lady who checked us in and out was rude and stuck up. I work in the service industry and was appalled at the way she spoke to both myself and other patrons. The restaurant was a real miss and again the servers were more interested in each others gossip then helping the guests. If I took away these two things, it is a great place. Close to everything!

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank Sunshinekissed
Drumheller, Canada
Reviewed 17 March 2012

I enjoyed my stay at Blackfoot. The location was perfect..nice and close to where I needed to take my workshop and I was especially pleased not to hassle Macleod Trail traffic. Parking is free:)
My room was a queen sized bed and had a sofa bed in it too. As it turned out, I had booked the room for me, but as it turned out a friend of mine was supposed to go to the same workshop and had assumed it was the following weekend...they called me checking on it so I was able to say "Hey why don't you come bunk with me ..I have lots of room" She and another friend showed up...We enjoyed our workshop and the other friend shopped for the duration. After we had a lovely lunch and shopping..a good time.
Service at the hotel was excellent. They even offered tickets to the comedy show.(didn't do it as I was waiting for the friends to arrive. I did however enjoy dinner in their main restaurant. (right by the registration desk) It was great service and good.
Also enjoyed the hot tub and sauna. There is an outdoor pool. Looked like a nice size from our window..but needs a summer day.

Room Tip: I think I would like to try a room on the west side...mountain view...I'm thinking...my room on...
2 Thank rangerpippi
Waterdown
Reviewed 15 March 2012

Whenever I'm in Calgary, whether for business, which is usually the case, or not, I stay at the Blackfoot. The staff at this hotel are so proficient they go out of there way to ensure that your stay will be a memorable one. Whether it's directions, or an opinion regarding a menu or wine choice or just a quick conversation they are pleasant and definitely there to assist you. The hotel is located close to highway access and it has great amenities if you want to stay in. The chefs can whip up some very delicious meals as well. The piano bar is a nice spot to relax if you want to have a pleasant conversation and a night cap and there is a sports bar if you feel like some wings and a beer while watching the game on the big screen. And if you just want to stay in your room and order room service , I know Tony will take great care of you!
This hotel is never a disappointment. The rooms are clean and adequate. The elevators are quick to respond. The real bonus is the staff. They are friendly, expeditious and courteous. They are quick to please! You will not be disappointed. This truly is a hotel with a big Heart!

1 Thank ErnaSteve
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 11 March 2012

I stayed at the Blackfoot Inn a couple of times over the last year for business and I am never disappointed. The rooms are always clean, the staff very pleasant, FREE parking and easy to get to from the city. I usually end up eating at the hotel for one out of convenience but also the food is actually really good, the steak sandwich is so good, I also had a really good potato and leak sour that was to die for! i usually always get the same lady that serves me (i do not remember her name) but she is super sweet and always has great recommendations off the menu. Check in and check out is always very fast and the front desk staff is very helpful.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank mtl_sweetheart
Canada
Reviewed 6 March 2012

Recently stayed here for three nights. When the reservation was made for me (by my company) I was somewhat apprehensive because usually I stay at the big brand hotels and it looked old!
It was easy to find with my gps and check in was quick. I really liked staying on the second floor because it was a quick trip up the stairs and no need to wait for the elevator. The room was very modern and the bed was quite comfortable. It was a quiet room which was nice. I liked how they provided hot chocolate in the room!
Room service was quick and good. It would have been nice to have had a glass of water sent with it, but that is okay. not a big deal.
The bathroom was fairly small, but that was not a concern at all. The soaps supplied were much better than expected.
I will definately stay here again. very very quiet and comfortable.

Room Tip: get the second floor, it was quiet (but the pool was closed, so that might have had something to do...
1 Thank Drakestar