“Wonderful stay”

Ranked #23 of 109 Hotels in Calgary
Calgary
“Wonderful stay”
Reviewed 27 May 2012

Was in Calgary on business and my company put me up in this Hotel...........when that happens you never know what your going to get! I was so pleasantly surprised. The staff was wonderful, the food was fantastic and the housekeeping was remarkable. I never wanted for a thing. I asked the housekeeper before my morning meeting to replace the batteries in the T.V remote and she was so kind and accommodating. It is hard to find such great staff, so I suggest that the Blackfoot Inn hang on to the ones they have. Good job all around and I WILL be back for some pleasure and shopping! Thank you again to all! Good job!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Wendy B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
  • Korean first
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 25 May 2012

I used to live in Calgary and on my latest visit I needed a hotel near to my friend's home. I checked all the hotels in the area and none of them had good reviews so I decided to take a look a bit further out and did a check on the Blackfoot Inn. Great reviews so I stayed there for 3 nights on the long weekend in May 2012. AWESOME, friendly service, clean rooms and hallways. I had some specific requests, which I included in my online reservation. These were fulfilled, in spades.
I slipped and fell coming into the hotel one evening and there was someone at my side before I could really catch my breath. I am impressed.
The restaurant was most helpful. I was exhausted by time I got to the hotel on the first day and needed something to eat. The gentleman on the restaurant desk told me they would deliver to my room. I was able to kick off my shoes in my own room, relax and enjoy my dinner.
All I can say is don't go anywhere else. This is the best privately owned hotel I have stayed in in years..Thank you Blackfoot Inn.

Room Tip: This is a great central location, especially if you are going to the Stampede or just need somewhere...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Quipay-63
Bowmanville, Canada
Reviewed 11 May 2012

Amazing staff, fantastic accommodations...what else can I say? The Blackfoot Inn exceeded my expectations. I will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank RuthB1977
Sherwood Park, Alberta, Canada
Reviewed 3 May 2012

We recently spent two nights at the Blackfoot Inn as the location seemed convenient for travel to the BMO Centre Entertainment Expo. We weren't disappointed and had a very comfortable stay. Easy drive to expo and close to the Chinook Centre Mall. Free parking, comfortable beds, clean rooms, and quiet. Daughter would have slept better if there were blackout curtains but husband and I were fine. Also enjoyed the hot tub and steam room and had the room to ourselves.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Sandra H
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 2 May 2012

My husband and I spent 2 nights at Hotel Blackfoot and loved it. The room was great and the bed probably the most comfortable hotel bed I've ever slept in. The staff were all very friendly and when the TV remote needed new batteries, someone was at our door in just a couple minutes!! We will definitely stay again and again.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AB_EMD
Edmonton, Alberta
Reviewed 30 March 2012

I stayed at this hotel and the room was nice, the room was clean everything about the building was nice. My only issue was with the staff. The lady who checked us in and out was rude and stuck up. I work in the service industry and was appalled at the way she spoke to both myself and other patrons. The restaurant was a real miss and again the servers were more interested in each others gossip then helping the guests. If I took away these two things, it is a great place. Close to everything!

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank Sunshinekissed
Drumheller, Canada
Reviewed 17 March 2012

I enjoyed my stay at Blackfoot. The location was perfect..nice and close to where I needed to take my workshop and I was especially pleased not to hassle Macleod Trail traffic. Parking is free:)
My room was a queen sized bed and had a sofa bed in it too. As it turned out, I had booked the room for me, but as it turned out a friend of mine was supposed to go to the same workshop and had assumed it was the following weekend...they called me checking on it so I was able to say "Hey why don't you come bunk with me ..I have lots of room" She and another friend showed up...We enjoyed our workshop and the other friend shopped for the duration. After we had a lovely lunch and shopping..a good time.
Service at the hotel was excellent. They even offered tickets to the comedy show.(didn't do it as I was waiting for the friends to arrive. I did however enjoy dinner in their main restaurant. (right by the registration desk) It was great service and good.
Also enjoyed the hot tub and sauna. There is an outdoor pool. Looked like a nice size from our window..but needs a summer day.

Room Tip: I think I would like to try a room on the west side...mountain view...I'm thinking...my room on...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business