“Thank you Dominick!”

Ranked #24 of 109 Hotels in Calgary
New York City, New York
“Thank you Dominick!”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Dominick at the front desk is a god send! I have traveled a good portion of my adult life staying in hotels that range from mid level to very high end all of which I have never written a review for, however, Dominick deserves this and more. Always friendly and upbeat, courteous and helpful Dominick is a reliable and trustworthy source for anything you need. He is honest and sincere with his efforts in making your stay as comfortable as possible.

Room Tip: Above floor 3 are the nicest designed rooms from my experience
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
  • Korean first
Banff National Park, Canada
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed 1 night at the Blackfoot Hotel for the Stampede. The agents at the desk were super friendly and gave us a lot of tips on how to get there and what to do. The hotel is litually 5 mins drive from the Chinook Train Station that brings you into town in 3 stops! You can also park at the station for free, so handy! The Hotel itself is amazing, the pool is huge and it feels like you are on Holiday in Mexico or something! They also have a sports bar, and a great restaurant, with a nice Patio overlooking the pool. The breakfast buffet is huge and full of yummy pastries and desserts (don't go there if you are on diet). We loved everything about this hotel and we will definitely go back!

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank FrenchyInAlberta
Calgary,
Reviewed 19 July 2014

We live in Calgary and went here to have a few drinks in the lounge as they have live music from 5-7:30 pm weeknights. I called them the night before to confirm this.
When we arrived we had a seat in the lobby lounge and my wife cried out in pain as she sat down. Apparently the person before us had broken a glass on the table/ seat and the hadn't cleaned it up properly. We removed the shard of glass from her hand and tried to make the most of it with the piano music. The music played until 6:10 when the guy got up, left and never returned. We were told by the server that because it was summertime, the music doesn't happen very regularly. All the while my wife was trying to stop the bleeding as the server continued to bring more napkins as they became soiled. Once the music ended we decided to leave as without music there was no ambiance at all. I was pretty surprised when they gave me a bill for $15 for the two drinks we had after the glass incident but did pay it. I complained at the front desk and the response I received obviously showed us that they couldn't care less. If this is any indication of the management attitude I would recommend cautiousness in patronizing this establishment.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MitchCalgary
Naheed W, Manager at Hotel Blackfoot, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Our management team has reviewed your comments and apologizes for any oversight. Cleanliness and the safety of our guests is of utmost importance to our hotel. We do have first aid kits throughout the various departments of the hotel, and I am surprised if this wasn't offered to you.

With regards to our pianist, he plays in the lobby lounge from 4:300 pm until 7:30 pm during the week. During this time the pianist will take a few short breaks which is standard for any musician. Again, we apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. We would very much like the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel blackfoot and are hoping that you will contact our restaurant manager or rooms manager during your next visit.
Maidstone, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Don't be put off by the location or the look of the building, this is a little gem.
Free parking not to be sniffed at and an outside pool are the reasons I booked and I wasn't disappointed.
The restaurant is good value for money and the staff are enthusiastic and efficient both there and reception.
A cab to Central Calgary is just $15, a bargain to us from the UK and if you go to the Stampede the Circle bus stops outside.
The rooms are clean and well furnished, fabulous beds and bathrooms.
To be recommended!

Room Tip: On the back overlooking the pool, the intersection with traffic lights is a little noisy on the fron...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
Reviewed 24 June 2014

I spent two nights here before moving to a downtown hotel for meetings, which I truly regret booking, I should have stayed at the Blackfoot and paid them shuttle to me downtown, as that is an option!
Excellent check in, Very Beautiful room with a rainfall shower I would love in my own house!
The room was quiet even on a weekend.
The lounge was classy and friendly and the sports bar lively. I had no opportunity to try the restaurant.
The fitness room was top of the line new equipment overlooking a nice outdoor pool but it was too cold and rainy out to consider.
Great Stay!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Hotel Blackfoot has reinvented itself with renovated rooms complete with amenities, a great outdoor pool for you and the kids, great food in one of two restaurants or in one of two bars/patios, a sports pub and a world class comedy club.

The location is an industrial park which might leave the impression it's not convenient but, in fact, that actually makes it more convenient. You're seconds away from major arteries (Deerfoot and Blackfoot) to get in or out of the city. Shopping is just a few minutes away at the Chinook Mall and there's no concerns over expensive parking or room for your Motor home.

The staff is friendly and efficient and the hotel itself feels comfortable and welcoming.

Room Tip: Check out "The Laugh Shop" comedy club. The comedians that appear there are world class.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Andrew G
Kimberley
Reviewed 18 June 2014

This hotel was great. The staff were excellent, very accommodating, and keen to lend a hand. The rooms were the cleanest I've seen in a hotel. We stayed on the pool side of the hotel, and it was very quiet, and we had a great sleep. The beds were very soft a comfortable. I would highly recommend this hotel if you're staying in Calgary.

Room Tip: Rooms on the pool side are further from traffic, and quieter than the other sides.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family