“Major improvements”

Ranked #22 of 109 Hotels in Calgary
Quebec
“Major improvements”
Reviewed 20 August 2014

A few years ago, I wrote a review titled "back to the 70's"

Well, things have improved a lot since. All rooms have now a more trendy look. Very clean and comfy. Yes, they are still a few places with that "70's look", but they are getting there.

The restaurant ( main one), is a very nice place. Good food, a bit pricy still.

I recommend this place. You can experience a place that care about their customers.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
  • Korean first
Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

I had a Great stay! I was not at the hotel much, however when I was it was quiet and the room was very comfortable! The hotel was Clean, and modern. The service staff was great! The food in the dining room was quite good! I would stay again!

It was easily accessible from major highways.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 18 August 2014

My husband and I stayed at Hotel Blackfoot for 3 nights back in July to attend a family wedding.
We chose the executive floor because of the larger rooms and the private executive room offered where you could grab light breakfasts, and snacks. It was well worth it, the food and beverages offered were outstanding for lighter fare. Very well appointed and well maintained, we were very satisfied w the self serve atmosphere. I would highly recommend booking on the executive floor if you are a business traveller, or like us, prefer to help yourselves at certain meals.

We ate once in the restaurant downstairs, it was kind of late, and I really wish we had chosen the bar area for snacks. The staff were very accommodating, but they were setting up for breakfast the next day, so we felt kind of like we were making the staff stay longer than they wanted to. However, everyone was very accommodating and gracious. The food was ok...not great, just ok...likely due to our late arrival.
Our only issue w the hotel was some of the other guests....it was the first weekend of the Stampede, and so there were several celebrations happening on our floor. We didn't complain, but in hind site we should have...it would have only been fair to management to let them know.

Any staff member we met were all super helpful and very professional. I should also mention that we used the sedan service to pick us up at the airport and to take us back upon our departure...highly recommend this service too. It's extra, but worth it.
Would we return to the Hotel Blackfoot?...probably not...but only because ( and again, we should have said something that Sat.night we were woken by loud partying) the other guests really ruined the whole experience for us. Our faults for not saying something right when it happened.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Veronica W, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Blackfoot, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
We are thrilled that you enjoyed the service, rooms and amenities at Hotel Blackfoot and would love to have you stay with us again. Stampede can be a very hectic time for hotels in the city and we would love the chance to give you a quieter experience. Had the noise level been brought to our attention, we would have done our best to provide you with another room or limit the noise from other guests. We hope that you return to our hotel for business and pleasure in the future.
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 17 August 2014

We stayed at the Blackfoot for 2 days in August to attend the Bruno Mars Concert.

The staff was excellent, everyone we encountered, so helpful & friendly. One employee really stood out...Dominic at the front desk. He was so very helpful to me while awaiting the time to head to airport for my flight back to B.C. Even helped me out to the taxi with my luggage as I was on my own. Terrific guy, I appreciated his help very much!

Loved the beds, they were so comfortable we all had great sleeps. Would love to know what brand they were. Much more comfortable than my bed at home :(

Would not hesitate to recommend to friends & we would definitely stay at the Blackfoot Hotel again, all around it was a wonderful experience!!

Room Tip: Would recommend the pool inner courtyard side as the road side was noisy the first night, we changed...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

This is a cool little hotel. The restaurant serves good food, and the pool area is very nice. Friendly staff. This place had one of the most comfortable beds that I've had in a hotel in quite a while. The only knock would be that it's a little bit pricey.

Stayed July 2014
4 Thank beansman87
Regina, Canada
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Our stay at the Blackfoot hotel was over all an excellent experience, mainly due to the customer service. Dominic, at the front desk, was the most helpful of all. He answered any questions we may have had before we could ask them. We would definitely return to the Blackfoot hotel!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Saskatoon
Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

I've stayed in a lot of hotel but I would rate this place the best, and I'm hard to please! Beds were awesome, super clean, modern, and the price is right. It was very quiet, and the staff was great. Pulling up I thought it would be a little dated but wow was I wrong. I don't think I'll be visiting calgary without staying at hotel blackfoot! Very impressed!

Stayed August 2014, travelled solo