“Back again and it's even better.”
Review of Carriage House Inn

Carriage House Inn
Ranked #30 of 109 Hotels in Calgary
“Back again and it's even better.”
Reviewed 14 March 2013 via mobile

It has been a couple of years since I have been to the carriage house inn and it has improved greatly. The addition of the outdoor heated pool and hot tub make it one of the better places to stay in Calgary. The staff are very helpful and friendly and go that extra mile to make sure your stay is memorable. Located just outside of the city center it is an easy location to plan day trips and be sure to go to ranchmans restaurant and bar across the street for a real country dance experience. It was nice to have peanuts pub attached to the hotel. A great place to unwind without that feeling of a stuffy hotel lounge where you throw peanut shells right on the floor, nice not to be so neat for a change. The rooms were a good size and very clean and it was nice not to pay extra to park my car.I have been to many hotels and I can honestly say that their food tasted great, not one complaint, try their chocolate chip cookies baked fresh on site everyday. I am glad to come back to Calgary and I am very glad I have found the carriage house inn. Steve S.

Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Steve S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
  • Korean first
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 18 February 2013

The Carriage House Inn is one of those rarities: A first rate non-chain hotel that won't cost you an arm and leg. Conveniently located ( easily accessible from both downtown Calgary and the airport) the Carriage Inn House provides excellent accommodations at a reasonable price. The service is friendly and efficient. A voucher for a drink in the lounge and for an excellent breakfast are included in the price of the rental. There is a choice of rooms with various amenities, but all are comfortable and well appointed. For business or pleasure., this is an excellent choice while in Calgary.

Room Tip: Choose a room facing west or south if you want a view of the mountains.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank bruinsma
Reviewed 18 February 2013 via mobile

The Carriage House was a venue of choice for all kinds of events when we lived in Calgary. We now live in Napa Valley, CA, and when we go back to Calgary we find The Carriage House is still our favourite venue. We love the location and free parking. They have free WiFi which worked great and there is a Business Office where you can sit in comfort and print documents for free. Carriage House Managers are award winning professionals who have worked there for many years. That says a lot about their management. Even if you are not there for business, I think the Carriage House would be a great place to stay because of their new enclosure on the pool and new equipment in their health club.

Sandra L. Schulze, AdSpots Inc.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank AdSpotsWi-Fi
Ontario
Reviewed 2 February 2013

My husband had to go to Calgary for business and I decided to tag along. His company booked 4 nights at the Carriage House Inn as it was close in proximity so I cannot comment on the price. It's on a major industrial/commercial street, which is very convenient.
You can tell this was a older hotel but they did a decent job in renovating the rooms; the hallways are a little bit sad looking, but the rooms are adequate. They tried to add more counter space but it cut off the space for the toilet and the shower. Room temperatures were easy to regulate, and rooms were quiet, as I believe most staying here were on business, although there was one young family running up and down the halls and I could easily hear them. Clean facilities, and housekeeping staff were on the ball, even though I was leaving at odd hours during the day, and come back after an hour or two, the room would be done. Provided cute amenities including lip balm, which is much appreciated especially in winter!
The staff were always courteous. Many amenities including a clean gym, sauna, and surprisingly, heated pool and hot tub, which I tested out myself to be very warm in the dead of winter. I did not get to try the food but my husband tried the continental breakfast and he said it was good for a free breakfast as eggs and breakfast meats were provided.
Noted a lot of conferences happened here but did not affect our stay in any way. Just like below, we encountered the bagpipe gathering and even saw police cruisers but no rowdiness ensued. Never had trouble with parking, and they have an alternative lot. Check out was a breeze. I definitely would not mind staying here again.

British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed 29 January 2013

We randomly selected the Carriage House Inn after needing a hotel right in that area. When we arrived there was some kind of bagpipe convention going on, so the girl upgraded us to a higher floor room. The room was spacious and clean, but the bathroom was a bit small.

The walls between rooms are paper thin. We could hear the person in the room next to us coughing and we knew when they were opening/closing their blinds because we could hear them sliding on the rod. We didn't watch much TV, except when getting ready in the morning and the cable in our room was fuzzy. Kind of like when you had to watch TV using those rabbit ears and it looked like there was a snowball fight on the TV.

The hotel has a continental breakfast, but even on weekends it ends at 9 (or shortly after). We went down for breakfast on our second morning at 9:30 and were turned away, even thought he restaurant was open and had lots of food. We couldn't even use the $25.50 credit that they would have charged us for the buffet on other items, and had to go find breakfast off-site. Lame. (Side note - if I was a paying customer and was charged $25.50 for two people for the continental buffet I would be choked. It was definitely not a buffet worth that much $$).

Those are the only negatives we found about this hotel. It was really nice, especially for the price. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 28 January 2013

I love this hotel. It has never failed me on any of my business trips. The front office staff are excellent, the rooms are clean and the cleaning service is prompt and thorough. An added benefit is the wired internet. Restaurants are good and the complimentary buffet in the morning is a nice touch.

1 Thank Glenn M
Regina, Canada
Reviewed 28 January 2013

I travel to Calgary often and had not stayed at the Carriage house in years, Stayed here in December and then returned again in January as this is good value for your money, helpful staff and good location with easy access to where you want to go.