“Great hotel”
Review of Carriage House Inn

Carriage House Inn
Ranked #32 of 109 Hotels in Calgary
Reviewed 7 September 2013

The Carriage House is a great hotel with lovely rooms.

Be sure to pack your swimsuit, because the pool and hot-tub are glorious, and both were open 24 hours the dates that we stayed. The rooms also included bathrobes to wear down to the pool area so you don't have to travel in the elevator wearing only a swimsuit.

The staff were friendly and the bar was cosy and a relaxing place to unwind.

There are lots of great restaurants and shopping within driving distance.

Reviewed 6 September 2013

Very, very pleasant surprise...Never have stayed at a Carriage House before did not know what to expect WOW!!! what a great bunch of people... Staff at the front desk , awesome.. Restaurant
very good.... Rooms , very nice and very clean with an added luxury of a bath robe to relax in after a shower. The slot machines around the bar were fun, and I won a bit so that was a bonus..
We had picked out places to shop and things we wanted to do and nothing was more than 10 - 15 minutes away. We even ventured to the Spaghetti Factory right downtown and that wasn't difficult to get to.....All in All this was a great 3 day adventure.... Look forward to visiting the Carriage house again.....and maybe discover a little more of Calgary

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 September 2013

The service I received at my recent stay at the Carriage House was exceptional. I was there for a trade show and staff stored and delivered my good both before and after the show. When I held a hospitality event, they delivered all my needs without delay. The restaurant offers decent food at a good prices.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

You can tell upon arrival that this isn't a new hotel, but they put in considerable effort and lots of upgrades to compete with the big name market. It's attractive. The location was nice - very close to the Chinook Centre, Winners, London Drugs, Bulk Barn, etc. with several restaurants visible from your room. Also a 7-11 right across the street.

The lobby and rooms were very nice, clean and relatively contemporary. I stayed in a standard room. The only issue I had was that the bathroom was less than luxurious. There was no tub and the shower was very basic. It also had a pedestal sink, which you rarely see in a hotel. Regardless, it was clean and new, just 'odd'. I found the bed to be very comfortable and the bedding quite fluffy and warm. They also included complimentary robes, which was a nice touch.

I used the hotel restaurant for room service for several breakfasts and one dinner while I was there. The food was excellent quality for the price (pan seared trout main course for $12!). There appears to be a cheap restaurant ($15 and under) and a fancy restaurant. ($20+). We also saw several events and weddings being held downstairs, so I assume they cater to large groups.

One minor glitch that bugged me (apparently I'm a little picky) is that the TV situation wasn't great. It wasn't great quality and the hotel channel guide didn't match up to the actual channels. Really a minor issue, but still relevant. The rooms were also a tiny bit noisy, so I assume soundproofing might be an issue. I sleep with ear plugs, so it was no big deal for me.

I did considerable research before choosing this hotel based on price, location, and amenities. After 5 nights, I'm convinced I made the right choice. I would stay here again without question. I recommend it to anyone looking for a comfortable stay in Calgary.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

We stayed here on the labor day weekend, the place was busy including hosting 3 separate weddings. We got upgraded to a King room and it had everything you may want, including upgraded toiletries, robes , a mini fridge, Kuerig coffee maker with starbucks coffee and of course a wonderfully comfortable bed. Some of the hotel's other immenities included an outdoor pool, hottub and restaurant and lounge , a take away bakery and even a few machines to try your gambling luck on .The room's price included a decent breakfast in the morning as well and a free drink in the lounge. Despite one unfortunate mishap in the middle of the night which included a phone call and then a meeting at 3 am with security staff accusing us and or the neighboring room of messing with the hall security camera I would highly recommend this hotel and even consider staying here again. We lost 4 hours of sleep over the incident but at least we know they have security and are checking up on things. The management did reimburse us for our troubles and that is the most one can hope for in these circumstances.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 September 2013

Due to my actions of "bumping" a camera around 4 p.m. in the afternoon; the unfortunate protocol of this hotel was to awake my family at 3 a.m. and alert us that it would cost $100 additional on our bill, which I said was fine after the shock of asking "this is why you awoke us at 3 a.m.?". Then being told by the security "manager" that we were to be removed from the hotel due to my attitude; which; as anyone may guess was startled; shocked and alarmed and aggravated at having being awakened in a hotel room at 3a.m. with my wife and children startled and upset as well.

The next protocol was that the hotel had the city police (6!) at our room as we packed up, and we were escorted out at 3:35 a.m.! No regard for our children or safety!
Bravo Carriage House Inn! Bravo, on the well controlled Protocols and Excellent Management Systems in place.

Room Tip: Have a back up room if you get on the "bad attitude" list!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank GlblTrvlr131
Reviewed 20 August 2013

We stayed here for 4 nights in August, and also in April, and will continue to go back. It is extremely clean, efficient, quiet (in spite of its size) and very comfortable.
It has 3 restaurants, including an impressive french one, and the chefs know their stuff.
The prices are reasonable, the staff courteous and friendly, and the location is perfect for our purposes.

Room Tip: ask for the end of a corridor, preferably on a high floor. It will be dead silent.