“Very Average”
Review of Carriage House Inn

Carriage House Inn
Ranked #32 of 110 Hotels in Calgary
Reviewed 9 October 2013

In terms of structure, the hotel is decent. Rooms are okay, the lobby is fine. The reason I gave this hotel two stars is the staff. In my three days in this hotel, every single question I asked was answered with "um I don't know". The staff here knows nothing about recommending anywhere to eat, anything surrounding the hotel, what time the Starbucks LITERALLY next door is open...etc.

I had an issue with my charger, and I'm here on business- I asked if someone from the hotel could possibly buy a charger at the Walmart down the road and I would pay them for it. Now I understand this is going above and beyond but instead of saying " Sorry we cannot" they put the phone and started discussing it and then I heard someone say "just hang up" and then they hung up on me. Seriously??? Not only was I staying there for several nights, I also held conference at the hotel.

I found everyone at the hotel to be extremely unhelpful and knowledgeable. I would never ever stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,049)

Reviewed 8 October 2013

This hotel was a wonderful discovery! It was right near the places I went to Calgary to go to, within walking distance of some really great restaurants, and has it's own pretty decent restaurant! LOVE the pool area! It's not "fancy" but it for sure is a nice hotel for the price!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 October 2013

I enjoy staying at the Carriage House Inn because it is well located to some of the places I like to visit when I am in Calgary and affordable. It is not upscale but the staff are pleasant, the restaurant is pretty decent, the pool area is lovely and the hotel rooms are nice with comfortable beds. Parking is free too. I would recommend a room above the 2nd floor facing north for better views. Second floor has a view of the roof and many views are blocked.

Room Tip: Third floor and up for better views. Downtown is to the north so view will be nicer.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 October 2013

thoroughly enjoyed our stay, Staff was great throughout hotel and the staff that helped with the wedding in the Windsor room--- awesome! Great location and very easy to find. Would love to stay here again.

Room Tip: The suites are amazing with the extra sitting room for family visits
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Mike G
Reviewed 1 October 2013

This is a great place to stay. Has a fine dining restaurant, sports bar and a gaming lounge. Withen walking distant there is other places to eat. The hotel is newly renovated with an outdoor pool and good gym. The staff is awesome. I have been staying there for many years and would not switch hotels.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 October 2013

The Carriage House Inn was our lunch and dinner destination when we lived here in Calgary in the late 70's and early 80's, during the days when the sweet old owner would always come over & say hello & chat for a minute. Amazingly, even though he's gone, and we long-since moved away from Calgary, the friendly atmosphere remains . . . and coming here to stay is almost like coming home. No exaggeration. Everyone is so warm and welcoming, including the lovely gal who checked us in early evening Friday, 27th; and Eppie in the restaurant. Rooms are beautifully renovated. Linens are excellent . . . although both my husband & I wish the housekeeping staff would make beds up so that the comforter comes up to our chins instead of our waists! Only one thing I'd add to the rooms and that's full-length mirrors; but really no complaints. Everything is impeccable and immaculate and Carriage House is run like an efficient little city. It just all WORKS! Meals are great, although the included breakfast tends not to get refreshed up till its 10 a.m. end time, even though numerous people are still coming in. Sunday brunch is excellent. Would we stay here again? A resounding "Yes."

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 September 2013

I have lived here approx 30 years ago. Dinner every night in lounge. If feeling like a treat went to restaurant always good food and service. Friday nites spent in bar at the back where it was rip roaring good time. First place I ever thru peanut shells on the floor. Looks like its all been renovated. I met so many good people from the south side of town. Also must admit I was drug store cowgirl from the Ranchmans - very close by. It is good for your soul to remember positive places that helped you grow. Thanx Carriage House.

Room Tip: I lived on 2nd floor - party room, never received any grief just occasional feedback from gentlemen...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business