“Not a bad place with good and fairly inexpensive food”
Review of Carriage House Inn

Carriage House Inn
Ranked #31 of 109 Hotels in Calgary
Reviewed 13 June 2014

We stayed here in June this year for a wedding event. Arrived Thursday afternoon and stayed until Monday morning. We were on the 8th floor and the room was clean and quiet. We upgraded slightly to a room with one king sized bed. The bed was comfortable and the room had a small table with two chairs near the windows and also another comfortable chair beside the bed along with the usual "hotel furnishings" ie -wardrobe cabinet with hangers and two bath robes which also was beside the TV stand with storage drawers for clothes. There was a desk area with chair and free internet. Bathroom was small but adequate and most importantly, clean. There was also a small fridge in he room. Ironing board and a small closet for more hanging clothes also present. Overall it was what you would expect from a hotel room. Nothing extraordinary but as I said, clean and comfortable.

We had a few meals in the restaurant and I must say the prices were very fair and the food delicious. Try the fresh trout if your into fish. 12 bucks or so but very tasty, I had it twice!

We decided earlier to gather many of the wedding party and guests for the Carriage Inn Sunday Brunch for about 20 dollars a head. We sat down with about 24 people at a long table and enjoyed a fabulous buffet consisting of a wide variety of food. Something for everyone for sure no matter what you enjoy. Everything was tasty and the variety was equal to or better than any brunch buffet I have been to. Well worth checking out if your staying here or even if your not. I'm sure most of the people there were not even staying at the hotel. Make reservations to ensure you get a seat. There are two sittings every Sunday and I would eat here again for sure.

The hotel is within walking distance to many chain food outlets and also a 7-11 is across the street. The 7-11 is poorly stocked unless you want total junk food but it does have juices etc if you need to pick up a few things.

There is also a walled outdoor pool to enjoy with an open roof which is great to cool down in or for a place to let the kids blow off some steam. The pool is beside a small gym for those who feel the need to exercise every day.

All in all, my experience here was good and the staff was friendly. No complaints.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank KatzAz
There are newer reviews for Carriage House Inn

Reviewed 5 June 2014

The staff here is excellent. I felt very welcome right from the start. The front desk were amazing!!! They were so friendly and I felt like they wanted me there. Hard to find now a days. I would definitely come back.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for two nights at the beginning of a vacation in Canada. Staff were friendly and helpful, and our room was clean and comfortable.

The breakfast buffet was limited (hot food was scrambled eggs, sauté potatoes and either sausage or bacon on different days), but nicely presented and more than adequate.

The hairdryer in our room was not working, but was swiftly repaired when we reported it.

There is a good choice of eating venues - bar, casual or more formal - and further choice in the surrounding area. Access downtown is less easy, but it isn't far to the C-train station and trains are very frequent.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Stayed there on a Friday and Saturday to attend a meeting down town. My room was nice and a very nice breakfast was included. Parking was free. Is not very close to down town but the LRT is only 2 blocks away and take about 10 minutes to get there

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank ted f
Reviewed 23 May 2014

The service at check-in was very friendly and I was presented with a nice little gift. I was attending a business meeting there the next morning. I would choose a room a little further away from the elevator but the noise wasn't enough to wake me. The bed was very comfortable. I didn't use any of the spa facilities so have no idea there. I was attending a conference (once of many that I've attended there) and it's always comfortable and food is good.

Room Tip: My room was fairly close to the elevators but wasn't too noisy.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 May 2014

If your destination is south Calgary then the Carriage House is a great place to stay. Clean, comfortable, and very friendly staff. We forgot our cell phone in the room when we checked out and didn't realize it until we had arrived back in our home town. In fact we didn't know where we had "lost" it. When we contacted the hotel to see if it was there, they had already found it and then helped arrange for pick by a family member living in Calgary.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 May 2014

The Carriage House is a nice, clean hotel with friendly and helpful staff that is well located. Although it was not a need of ours, the hotel seemed to be very wheelchair friendly. They advertise pet friendly but also can accommodate those of us with allergies that require non-pet friendly rooms.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family