“Great place to stay!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #41 of 109 Hotels in Calgary
Calgary, Canada
“Great place to stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2012

I have stayed a number of times at this hotel and it has never let me down! The customer service is exceptional and will do everything in their power to please their guests. They even offered me an upgrade just recently when we stayed there! The hotel has a airport shuttle to pick and drop you off which has been great for when my colleagues have had to travel and meet at the hotel. The food is exceptional at the Horizon Court for brunch on sundays(i could go every week if i could!) and even their lunch on weekdays. I've held a couple of events at the hotel as well as attended a few events - the banquet and catering staff are fantastic. The food has been top notch every time! Never had a complaint from a single person about the food - only rave compliments! Keep up the great work! I'm a loyal guest of the Coast Plaza in Calgary!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank NishNK
TKippen, Manager at Coast Plaza Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, 24 May 2012
Thank you very much for your valuable feedback We appreciate your business and thank you for having made us your choice while in Calgary.

We strive ensure every stay is filled with positive interactions that exceed guest expectations.

We truly appreciate knowing about our guest’s experiences so we can celebrate our successes and address our challenges to better serve you in the future.

We look forward to your return when you are in the area again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Calgary, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2012

the hotel is average could use a little more reno in the rooms but rooms are clean

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank henry n
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay. We appreciate your business and thank you for having made us your choice while in Calgary.

We look foward to having you as a guest again in the future.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2012 via mobile

The hotel was outdated. The room looked clean, but I found bed bugs on the bed just before I checked out.

Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
7 Thank Sofia L
Thank you very much from bringing this to our attention at check-out.

Although our inspections did not yield any positive results, we have taken the precaution to employ a professional pest control company to inspect and as a preventative measure, sanitize the room.

This is not an issue we are accustomed to dealing with, however, we have taken all of the necessary steps possible.

Thank you again for your feedback.
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2012

I've been to the Coast several times while visiting Calgary. I have also attended many a time for functions (weddings, conferences, etc) and I have to say the staff are very friendly and helpful and anytime we had a special request they were able to accommodate. The corridor is always clean and the decor is beautiful. The food is FANTASTIC and organization for weddings is excellent. The hotel rooms were clean (contrary to the review below? I was surprised to read that...I'm a neat freak and I found it very very very clean!!!) I've even stopped by just to eat lunch or go for a sunday brunch when I'm in town- absolutely delicious restaurant! 5 stars for me and I will always go back!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank travelorr07
Thank you very much for your valuable feedback. I am glad to hear that you enjoy staying with us. We truly appreciate knowing our guest's experiences in the hotel and I will pass on your comments to all of the departments.

We look forward to your return in the near future.
Edmonton, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2012

Hotel is quite dated. My room had black mould on the silicone around the tub. When I went to take a shower at 11:30pm and I could not get the hot water to work - I called the front desk and was told their boiler was being repaired and I would need to leave the hot water running for TEN MINUTES to get it to work! Was not told about this issue upon arrival, which would have been a minimal level of courtesy. Also, along the top of the drapes had not been cleaned for a long time because you could clearly see a layer of dust. I definitely do NOT recommend this hotel and will not stay here again.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank dpfischer
TKippen, Manager at Coast Plaza Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, 17 May 2012
Thank you for your valuable feedback during your recent stay at the Coast Plaza Hotel & Conference Centre. I am disappointed that you did not enjoy your stay. I have advised the appropriate departments regarding the cleanliness of the room and the lack of hot water. We are upgrading all of the plumbing in our bathrooms to correct the issue.
We hope that we will have an opportunity to make this up to you and hope that you will reconsider staying with us again.
St. Albert, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2012

Stayed for a week at the hotel and I think I got one night of good sleep. The room's A/C was inadequate to cool down the room to a desirable temperture. I can understand it somewhat for the first couple of nights as the temperture outside was about 25C. The last 3 days it was much cooler outside but still hot in the room. The A/C was on full for the whole time I was there. I was here for a conference and spoke to many other people with the same problem. This seems like a hotel out of the 70s that is in need of some serious upgrades.
The room seemed clean enough and most of the staff seemed to be friendly.
The old style TV would not turn on with the remote and the picture was not clear. I visited other peoples rooms and found the same problem.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank travellfar
TKippen, Manager at Coast Plaza Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, 1 May 2012
Thank you for your valuable feedback during your recent stay at the Coast Plaza Hotel & Conference Centre. I do apologize that you did not experience a comfortable stay at the hotel due to the heat problems you had experienced. We are currently in the process of replacing the chiller to provide better air conditioning to our guests. We are also in the process of replacing all of our televisions with new flat screen LCD's.

I am happy to see that you encountered friendly service and hope that you will consider staying with us again.
Saskatchewan
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2012

We needed an overnight bed for a next morning flight, and chose this hotel on the fly because it appeared to have had higher rates that were hugely discounted. On the plus side, the front desk staff were helpful, as were all other staff that we ran across.
They were in the process of renovating their restaurant, so at least they're getting somewhere, and their temporary restaurant set up served good food. The lobby area was decent and appeared clean. The rooms were outdated, old, smelly, musty, and despite being non-smoking, smelt of smoke; the heating system was so noisy that I thought there was a large truck idling outside our window all night. The television was extremely ancient, it kept upping the volume and changing the channels when we weren't even touching the remote. We ran water in the bathroom sink, and you could hear it gurgle in the bathtub drain. The bathtub itself was dirty and the enamel had no shine. The kleenex holder was splattered with who-knows-what all over it. If you ran the tub water, the whole thing started to back up until the tub was half full of dirtyish water. It didn't help that our neighbors were noisy and someone had pulled a hallway table so that it blocked off the hallway; but the night staff did come and deal with that. The gym was very old, the hot tub had floaties and probably needed replacing too. So, great staff, free airport shuttle; but until they overhaul those rooms, give it a large miss.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Ghost07
TKippen, Manager at Coast Plaza Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, 17 April 2012
Thank you for your valuable feedback regarding your recent stay at the Coast Plaza Hotel & Conference Centre. I am happy to see that you experienced good service and enjoyed your meal, but I am sorry that you did not enjoy your room. I have advised the Housekeeping and Maintenance Departments about the issues you had encountered with the fitness centre and hot tub as well as the issues with the heating, bathroom and television in your room. As you had mentioned, we are currently undergoing renovations in our retaurant, as well, we are updating our lounge and lobby. The guestrooms are also currently undergoing improvements with all new plumbing and new flat screen televisions. We would like to have an opportunity to make this up to you, and hope that you will consider staying with us again.