“An enjoyable stay” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #39 of 109 Hotels in Calgary
Saskatoon
“An enjoyable stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2013

We booked two rooms here through a promotion which offered the second room at half price. Great value. While not centrally located it has easy access to main transportation routes that made travel easy. Both rooms were clean and comfortable. Staff was friendly. There was a big wedding at the hotel that night but we didn't hear a thing and had a great nights sleep. The grandchildren enjoyed the pool. Will certainly return.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Meghan R, Manager at Coast Plaza Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, 15 August 2013
We are so happy to hear you had a great stay and look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again in the future!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2013

We stayed at this hotel before a trip to B.C and on the way home. All 3 nights we stayed were enjoyable, the bed was comfy and so were the pillows. We swam in the pool all 3 nights in their salt water pool, which was at a good temperature. We were also able to entertain friends under a gazebo in the court yard. The only issue we had was the poor service at the restaurant in the hotel. The waitresses were often slow or ignored us ( even when there was only a couple of other tables occupied). We did enjoy the breakfast Buffett but often chose to eat at other restaurants in Calgary

• Stayed July 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Terrific to hear that overall you had an enjoyable stay. We appreciate you sharing your recent experience and apologize for the slow service in the restaurant. We hope to see you again soon!
Lightwater
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2013

Our last hotel after our road trip, and chosen because it was reasonably close to the airport. On check in we were greeted by an unsmiling and frankly fairly hostile receptionist. She must have had a bad day (or didn't like Brits), but that aside the hotel was good, the rooms clean and comfortable, and a good location for the C train just a short walk away. The bar and restaurant staff were excellent as were the 2 meals we had there.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JohnLightwater
Meghan R, Manager at Coast Plaza Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, 8 August 2013
Fantastic to hear that you had a wonderful stay. We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2013

This hotel is not worth the money and below standard. Booked this hotel for 1 night before our 10 day trip to banff, jasper and lake Louise. The room that we were given was in the B tower and the AC unit did not work (on a very hot day). Complained about it to the front desk. Sent some tech (did not look like a tech at all), did something to the AC unit and the thermostat and said it should be okay in some time. Still the room was very hot. Called the front desk manager at about 1030 at night. Said it is a problem in many rooms in that tower and arranged for a fan. After being still not happy, offered us a room in tower A at about midnight. This night manager was nice that he allowed us to keep the old room as we had lots of luggage and did not have any energy to transfer all the luggage in the middle of the night. This was the only positive part of the whole (horrible) stay.
Now comes the worst part/customer service
When i booked this hotel through hotels.ca, it was advertised as free breakfast. Next morning after having sleepless night, went to the front desk to ask for the breakfast coupon. First of all a very non competent front desk staff (chelsea) refused to acknowledge that breakfast was at all included with my reservation as it was reserved with hotels.ca. When I insisted that it was when i booked this hotel she hesitantly gave me 2 coupons for the breakfast (we were 2 adults and 2 children). I took it and went to my room to check the printed contract i had. Not anywhere was mentioned that breakfast was complementary only for two people. Went back with the printed contract from hotels.ca and asked her to show that breakfast was only for two persons. With her very rude attitude she said that these were the instructions given to her by the management. When I demanded to speak to the manager on duty she hesitantly called the manager. His name was dan [--]. He went through the contract and still was not able to find it and finally offered me the 4 coupons.
My question is why do they put their patrons in such a embarasing situation to begin with. why do we have to ask for breakfast coupons and why is it not given with check ins. Why false advertise and not live up to the expectations?? Why allot rooms when they know that AC is an issue in tower B?????

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank victor p
We are sorry to hear that you did not have an enjoyable stay and that the hotel did not meet your expectations. If you would like to discuss your stay with us in further detail do not hesitate to provide you contact information to jgodfrey@calgaryplaza.com.
Braintree, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nights in July, finishing our trip to Canada. Very convenient location. We were able to use the hotel shuttle bus to return to the hotel after dropping off our hire car at the airport. The C train was a 5 minute walk with frequent trains to Downtown. Several shopping malls within easy walking distance.

Arrived early but were able to check in. Very accommodating reception staff. Room was very comfortable, 2 queen size beds. Breakfast was very good value, lots of choice at the buffet and very friendly staff. Booked the shuttle bus for our trip to the airport which was dead on time and a very welcome service provided by the hotel.

Loved the decorations in the public areas for the Stampede.

Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Heather B
Terrific to hear that you had a great stay! We are happy the hotel was able to accommodate you and provide a convenient location to the many nearby services! We hope you had a safe trip home!
San Jose, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2013

I came from San Francisco and my flight was delayed due to weather issue or something so I missed my connecting flight going to Vancouver. I was having a bad time already, very tired and disappointed. United Airline gave me a phone # to call for hotels . My bf was the one who booked me in this hotel. I didnt expect anything from this hotel, as I just wanted to have a place where I can stay ,relax and sleep. I had troubles too looking for the shuttle place since it was my first time here in clagary, good thing the shuttle guy showed up on the said time. Very helpful , he helped me with my heavy luggage. When I got into the hotel, all the guest services are very welcoming and accomodating. The room is awesome and clean. I like how clean the bathroom too and with all those bath room stuffs. Restaurant was great. Overall I had a fantastic stay here. Checking out today as Im writing this feedback from this hotel. I will come back again and stay here for sure. Thank you COAST Plaza Hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank DevVanderlipe
Thank you for providing feedback on your recent stay with us. We are so very happy to hear that your had a fantastic stay! We hope you had a safe trip home and that you will keep us in mind the next time you are in Calgary!
Shenzhen, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2013

The location was great and the staff were better. Walking distance to Marlborough Mall, the Marlborough LRT station, Pacific Place, a variety of restaurants (including some fast food) made the hotel a good choice for me.

The staff was incredibly helpful, setting me up with a shuttle to the airport for my flight back to China. The facility was really nice and the rooms were very comfortable. The conference facility was busy almost every night, but it wasn't any kind of intrusion.

The Concierge staff was very knowledgeable and able to help me with a few specific issues that I had to accomplish while I was in the city. I would definitely recommend the hotel and the staff to anyone.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Scott G
Meghan R, Manager at Coast Plaza Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, 6 August 2013
Many thanks for the review and taking the time to share your recent experience at the Coast Plaza Hotel. I am happy to hear that our staff were friendly and accommodating and have shared your feedback with them so they know their work doesn't go unnoticed. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel the next time you are in Calgary!