Econo Lodge Inn & Suites University
US$160
  • Restaurant
US$116
Hampton.com
Best Western Plus Suites Downtown(Calgary)(Great Value!)
US$113
US$97
US$80
US$83
Agoda.com
Carriage House Inn(Calgary)(Great Value!)
US$120
US$113
Orbitz.com
US$155
Hotels.com
US$168
US$119
All reviewscalled motelcontinental breakfasthot tubc trainbudget hotelhard boiled eggssmall fridgeexercise roomrestaurants within walking distancethe breakfast areacoffee makerwi fiqueen bedfront desk staffyogurtlrtfoothills
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 August 2014

I would recommend this place to anyone. Great location, price was excellent. Very clean, parking was good, bed was very comfortable. My only wish is the free breakfast was till at least 11, yeah I know that's late but teenagers don't get up till then lol. We used the c-train quite a bit as it was right beside the hotel. Great way to see the city. I will for sure stay here again.

Room Tip: Stay in the tower
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
EconoInnsSuites, Guest Relations Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites University, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2014

Thanks for your review and we are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. We shall wait on pins and needles for your return so we can show you another great stay!

Reviewed 16 August 2014

Pros: Fantastic Location right in the middle of the city. The price, for once, was actually something we considered affordable. The beds were decent, and the shower was fine.

Cons: No wafflemaker. Toasters were not adjustable and burnt the toast. Needed more cleaning: we found a clothing sticker stuck to the doorframe and... a fairy wand under the mattress. What was that doing there?! (And do I want to know?) A little noisy in the halls, but quieted down by 10pm.

Room Tip: Ask for an upstairs room to avoid noise from neighbors above.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us and I'm sorry to hear your stay was not spectacular. Please be assured your feedback is important in helping us improve our guest experience and I'm hoping the next time you come we can make it better.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

The room was perfect, really nothing at all to complain about! This room was as if I was the first person to discover it. There was no smell of paint or anything like that, just a good example of a well cleaned and taken care of room.

LRT is very close as is downtown.

There are three very minor notes though because I can't help it... 1) the room desk shouldn't have that crevice on the edge so it's easier for cleaning 2) need a tv guide (like a Shaw box) 3) hotel staff need a service elevator and you should let guests walk up the stairs if they wish (hint: we have a key)

Room Tip: Only based on others comments, perhaps ask for a renovated room? My room was a recent update for sure.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Seth G

Thank you for your review and we are so happy you enjoyed your stay. Your suggestions have been noted and hopefully the next time you come to Calgary we will have the opportunity to serve your hotel needs.

Reviewed 25 July 2014

I checked in. Went to my room. Was immediately confronted with a horrid smell, noticeable stains on the carpet, a considerably worn couch,in general a dark unwelcoming room. It didn't appear unclean but in significant need of a make over. I was on the ground floor with an external door. So adding all that together I decided that I would not be comfortable. The photos on trivago (professional ones and other sites sporting the professional photos, don't match the reality. Or the reality of the room I was provided. I checked into another hotel. The service on check in was a little unfocused, but polite. When I went to check out 15 mins after checking it was indicated that I could have a refund until realizing I'd checked in online. Then I was told no refund, but I could have an upgrade. So I'm out of pocket, but I'd rather feel comfortable and happy. I'd rather stay somewhere that the advertised photos match what I get. Yes, it might be on the cheap end, but that doesn't justify the smell etc...re the room.

• Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank dbatty1

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and I'm sorry to hear we didn't meet your expectations. Hopefully the next time you come to Calgary we have the opportunity to redeem ourselves and show you a better stay.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

The front desk was very poor to average , not much help always saying person in charge of that isn't here(that was the answers we for everything we asked) are reservations were totally screw up and they didn't seem to care.We had booked 3 months ahead. The rooms for our group were clean but needed lots of repairs.The cleaning lady on our floor was outstanding ( we had 20 girls ages 8 to 12 )as the pool was not in services during out stay the girls played in the hall with adults watching them,this did not go over well with the front desk and were very rued about it.Also it was very hot in Calgary during our stay and it would have been great if the air conditioning was working during our stay. Breakfast was good the two people working this area were outstanding in their jobs always making sure you got want you wanted.
Would I stay at this location again NO --due to the fact that the front desk personal turned all of us off,other than that cleaning staff excellent along with the breakfast personal .

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank jdervick
EconoInnsSuites, Front Office Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites University, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2015

Hello

My name is Rory Siddall and I am the Front Desk Supervisor here at the EconoLodge Inn & Suites University.

I'm sorry to hear that there were issues during your stay. Your comments and feed back have been passed along to the appropriate department.

I hope you can find more suitable accommodations next time you visit Calgary.

Rory Siddall