“If it's your last choice... sleep in your vehicle.”
Review of Olympia Motel

Olympia Motel
Ranked #104 of 110 Hotels in Calgary
Reviewed 3 March 2013

Stayed here during the Calgary Expo 2012 as it was one of the only affordable places not booked up the day before the event. I should've taken this as a sign because from the moment I stepped in to check-in I felt something was off. The owners of this place are so nosy and watch you every time you enter or exit your room. If the owners happen to be reading this: learn some damn management skills! I might be exaggerating but I've never felt so sure that there was a camera or something in the room.

Anyways, I stayed in the 1 queen room with 2 queen beds and both me and my guest woke up itchy/slight burning feeling from the sheets. I don't even want to know how often they wash the covers at this place. Also, the bathroom was just nasty. This is the only place I've ever paid for 2 nights and only stayed one.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
6  Thank Vio H

Reviewed 9 December 2012 via mobile

So I'm not sure how much the 'revamped and refurnished' reviewer got payed to bluff, or maybe such low standards exist... Have you ever been in a place where you don't want to touch anything, want to keep the lights off so you avoid seeing obscure life forms creeping up walls & you pray no junkie will break in to seal your things/life? I hadn't either, this was my initiation. Read all descriptions above, they are all accurate except for the good one. Add to the mix the fact that you will be looked at with suspicion and treated as a delinquent ($20 deposit for passing you a remote control???) and you have the perfect worse experiences in your LIFE. But to me the worse had to do with the fact that I was traveling with my mother, and this was her first time in Canada. She felt my deep embarrassment and was too tired to complain, so out of deep kindness she stomached the night. I am still impressed that the City of Calgary lets this business run, or is it that there are no standards to keep up when you run a motel? You have been warned, if you love your family please spare them the horrors of this place.

• Stayed: June 2012
5  Thank Rosa S
Reviewed 2 July 2012

Was looking online for an overnight stay in Calgary on Canada Day weekend. I made the mistake of booking a room here. Room 50 that I was given, is horrible. Dark, smelly, hair all over the bathroom, toilet unclean, very dirty carpet, unidentifiable stuff on walls, huge bright "security" light right next to window, need I go on???? If you just want to stay in a hovel, like one other reviewer said, pick a nice dumpster!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
7  Thank rbraman
Reviewed 11 January 2011

This place was a JOKE !! Should have saved the $80 and slept in a dumpster out back.
Had to fix the cable wire myself, use a face cloth for bathtub drain and when got in the tub the view was nasty......very dirty, mold, meldew, dung all over the side of the toilet. ( how the heck did it get there ??????? )
Very thin walls, Not a good place for a honeymoon.....unless you want to put on a show for the neighbors...lol

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Topper1967
Reviewed 16 May 2010

paid for a room and get in smells of mold and door diddnt lock
then i get in the room BLOOD on the ceiling! i used the phone called the desk and wanted my money back and they said it had been 10 mins from check in and i had the room for the night, i yelled at the manager and it got me no where. so down $100 i left to go to a best western

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
6  Thank marktheboozehound
Reviewed 7 March 2008

The most disgusting hotel I have ever seen, and If you had to stay there bring some bleach, and If you go there do not pay up front,check your room out first, then pay!!

Stayed: March 2008
6  Thank 79dollars
Reviewed 28 August 2007

Our paraplegic stepsister is staying at the Olympia Motel as social services put her there. When in trouble we tried to get through to her and the owner wouldn't let us speak to her. Upon numerous calls to the office the nasty owner would not put us through and we had to call the Calgary Police. I would not recommend this place to anyone as the owner is an inconsiderate you know what!!!

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
6  Thank wswan