Clarion by Choice Hotel and Conference Centre
Ranked #88 of 109 Hotels in Calgary
Novara, Italy
“Good hotel”
Reviewed 22 December 2011

the hotel was located on a crowdy street. It was close to the airport. The hotel provides a free shuttle service to book in advance (even very early in the morning) and it takes about 15 min to go the apt. The rooms are big and clean, well furnished. In the hotel there are a couple of restaurants with affordable prices.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Silviaround
MgrRadissonCalgary, General Manager at Clarion by Choice Hotel and Conference Centre, responded to this review, 6 January 2012
Thank you for sharing your experience. We are proud to be able provide great value to our guests, including our 24 hour shuttle service to the airport.

We look forward to welcoming you in the future.

Marcel Berube

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
AB
Reviewed 19 December 2011

We have stayed at this hotel a couple of times now. This last time it was booked through the "unpublished rates" at Expedia. There is nothing wrong with this hotel. The rooms are decent, the food was OK, the pool was adequate. There just wasn't anything overly special about this place. It will do for a stay over, but we have definately had better in this same price range. I will say the place is quiet, and we usually always have the pool to ourselves. Restaurant is very casual, limited selection and a little pricey for the qualtiy. Better to just stop somewhere else on your way to the hotel. Sleep number beds are not all they are cracked up to be. Would stay here again if other places were booked up, but wouldn't be my first choice for Calgary hotel.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank The_travel_junkies
Thank you for taking the time to write in regards to your feelings about our hotel. We pride ourselves on providing excellent value and convenience, and are pleased to see that you feel we have delivered in the past. We are continously working on improving the hotel, and based on feedback such as yours, the Sleep Number beds are being converted and other types are available at time of reservation. We are committed to being your first choice and urge you let me know your thoughts.

Thank you once again, and have a great New Year!

Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 14 December 2011

It was my first stay at this Radisson. I was put in a room at the back facing north and found it very quiet. Room was very clean and had sofa, internet hookup and newer T.V. . The bathroom was somewhat smaller but O.K.. The heating was sufficient but did not seem to be warming up very quicky. The bed was very comfortable. Check in was friendly and efficient. I did not use the resturant facilities.

Room Tip: For a quiet room I would ask for a norht facing room (even numbers). I am sure the side facing the T...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank JEB007
Thank you for taking the time to share! It is always wonderful to hear that our guests have enjoyed their stay and that our team have left you with a friendly feeling. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Rockville, Maryland
Reviewed 2 December 2011

I didn't spend a lot of time at the hotel. I arrived on 'Canada Day' and then took off to seek out a couple of elderly relatives in Kamloops and Kelowna. I finally left Calgary right after Kate's and William's July visit to Calgary. When I was at the hotel, the bars and the restaurants were full and had no seating for me. But Calgary has tons of ethnic restuarants, so that wasn't a problem. My 6th floor room faced south and west, and you could hear traffic noise from the Trans-Canada and Deerfoot Trail if you ventured out on the balcony. In fact, the hotel's location places it conveniently close to everything important in Calgary.

As far as substance and sumptuousness are concerned, I had a clean room and amiable staff on my floor. There are some quiet rooms facing north, but I wasn't looking for quiet. In fact, there were guests running all over the place, so I did keep my door locked.

All in all, I wasn't expecting a five-star experience, and all my *positive* expectations were met.

Room Tip: The quiet rooms are north-facing but have no view.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank Forest20851
MgrRadissonCalgary, General Manager at Clarion by Choice Hotel and Conference Centre, responded to this review, 12 December 2011
Thank you for taking the time to share in regards to your stay with us and your visit to Calgary. We are pleased to see that you enjoyed your visit and we look forward to welcoming again upon a future visit.

Reviewed 26 November 2011

I don t normally write reviews, but this one I well deserved. We were flying through Calgary on our way to our vacation spot in the Bahamas and had a bad start to our trip. We missed our flight to Calgary and when we got there realized that we had got the days wrong on our reservation through Hotwire. They don't allow changes usually through Hotwire , but the guest services manager took pity on us and allowed us to have our night stay honored for that night instead. All of this he did with a smile in his face. We realize that he didn't have to do that. He helped put our somewhat derailed vacation back on track. The room was nice as clean and comfortable as well.

• Stayed November 2011
1 Thank Sfielder
MgrRadissonCalgary, General Manager at Clarion by Choice Hotel and Conference Centre, responded to this review, 5 December 2011
Thank you for taking the time to write in regards to your experience with us. I am happy to hear that we were able to put your vacation back on track, and will certainly share your comments with our Guest Services team. I encourage you to keep sharing your great experiences, as our agent placed a smile your face... your letter places quite a smile on theirs!

Thanks again, and look forward to welcoming you in the future.

Fort McMurray, Alberta, Canada
Reviewed 24 November 2011

The rooms were cleanish, the detailing was lacking! There was dirt all around the light switches, like they needed a go over with a tooth brush. The rest of the room was ok.

Our hallway was freezing, seemed like the air conditioning was on, it was -20 outside during our stay!!! We mentioned this to the front desk but nothing changed during the next two day.

The pool was too cold for us to enjoy and the hot tub was not remotly hot, my 2 year old was able to play in it for an hour and I was freezing!!!!!!

I doubt we will venture back to this hotel!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Selena V
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. It is unfortunate to hear that it was extremely cold throughout the public areas of the hotel during your visit, as this is certainly not common for us. We are extremely apologetic for this occurence. Calgary did experience an extreme dip in temperature in mid-November, and being the first cold snap of the season, it did take our engineers some time to adjust all of our systems, to ensure a comfortable temperature both in our guestrooms and public areas.
Please feel free to contact me personally should you wish to discuss further and assure you that we are committed in showcasing our hotel to you in the future.

mberube@silverbirchhotels.com
403-250-6050
Lethbridge, Canada
Reviewed 19 November 2011

The Radisson was booked as my overnight, returning from Europe, before I headed on to my hometown from Calgary. I'd been in transit for 27 hours with no sleep. All I wanted was to get to the hotel, have no hassles and get some sleep. My plane was late, so my arrival at the hotel wasn't until 12:30 am. I was signed in with absolutely no hassle whatsoever and was in my room about 15 minutes later.

The rooms were clean, spacious and looked pretty darned good after a long trip back to Canada. The beds were sleep number beds, although I couldn't seem to get mine to work. No worries as the bed was comfortable without changing any settings.

The next morning, I had to take the shuttle back to the airport early. Because of road construction the complimentary shuttle was delayed. The hotel sent me to the airport by taxi at their expense so that I wouldn't miss my flight. This was very much appreciated.

I stayed at this hotel at the tail end of Stampede Week and despite what must have been a crazy busy time, my stay was very comfortable, friendly and relaxing.

Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank snorkelgeek
Thank for sharing your experience! It is always great to hear from our guests and being able to share your feedback with our team members here at the hotel.
Hope you make it back soon, and looking forward to welcome you again.