Clarion by Choice Hotel and Conference Centre
Ranked #84 of 109 Hotels in Calgary
London, United Kingdom
“Good hotel”
Reviewed 13 April 2012

We stayed at this hotel for two weeks which was perfect for our needs, not to far from anywhere!
All the staff were very friendly and very helpful, room was very clean and a good size. We used the gym and swimming pool both very good. Most of all it is a pet friendly hotel!

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank Mandie73
MgrRadissonCalgary, General Manager at Clarion by Choice Hotel and Conference Centre, responded to this review, 30 April 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write in regards to your two weeks with us. It was our pleasure to make you feel at home, along with your family pet.
Make sure to let us know when you return to the city, and we look forward to welcoming you again!

Marcel Berube

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Grande Prairie, Canada
Reviewed 9 April 2012

Rooms r clean bed comfortable. Was a sport teams staying on our way down so it was loud. Shuttle service is limited leaves on the half hour and fills up fast had to leave an hour earlier both times to catch the free shuttle to yyc.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank ratarojo
Thank you taking the time to share. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to being able to welcome you in the future.

Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 3 April 2012

This hotel was booked through Hotwire and we were very disappointed. We arrived late and requested the airport shuttle for the morning, only to be informed that our requested time was not available because flight crews were using it! It was as though we didn't matter. We opted for the 4:30am shuttle as it was the only one available.

The room was grubby and noisy from the corridor and the highway outside; the window and door seals needed replacing. The bed was an air inflated type and leaked! The pump tried to keep pace all through the night and needless to say our visit was not what you'd call memorable.

We reported all of this to the front desk person as we were checking out; we never really received a response as we had to dash for the shuttle.

Room Tip: Find another hotel
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank David W
MgrRadissonCalgary, General Manager at Clarion by Choice Hotel and Conference Centre, responded to this review, 9 April 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write. I am dissapointed to hear about your experience with us and only wish we had more time during your stay to make it right for you. We work very hard to ensure that everything is just right for our guests, and I am upset that you did not feel valued. I encourage you to contact me personally, so that we have a positive solution. We have many fans of our property, and would like you to leave here the next time, feeling the same way.

I look forward to being able to speak with you.

southern alberta
Reviewed 26 March 2012

I got a great deal for this hotel through hotwire.com and we really enjoyed it. The complimentary shuttle was so nice, the sleep number bed was very comfortable, nice tv, great toiletries, and it was actually cheaper for us to stay there and pay to leave our vehicle than use park and fly. The staff were also great.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jilli_bean74
MgrRadissonCalgary, General Manager at Clarion by Choice Hotel and Conference Centre, responded to this review, 26 March 2012
Thank you for your great feedback! We are proud to be able to deliver great experiences to our guests, and look forward to being able to welcome you next time you are travelling.

British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed 24 March 2012

We normally stay in 4 or 5 star hotels so I have to keep that in mind. We needed to stay close to the airport and so picked this hotel. If we weren't leaving on such an early flight, it would not have been a consideration.

That said:
- it was clean
- the restaurant was okay - service was very slow and the restaurant was almost empty
- the pool was alright
- located 10 minutes from the airport

I was a bit concerned when we were located at the back of the building on the 2nd floor near a tree that touched our balcony and the balcony was unlocked.. I thought it might have been a set up for a robbery but it all turned out okay.

I would stay here again under similar circumstance but would request a higher room.

Room Tip: ask for a higher room
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank tooareist
Thank you for taking the time to write. We are happy to hear than you found our hotel convenient for your plans and that we provided safe, clean and comfortable accommodations. We will have a look at the tree in question, and make plans to have the seasonal pruning performed as soon as it is safe to do so.
We always appreciate the feedback, and look forward to being able to welcome you again in the future.

Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 20 March 2012

We stayed here one night, before a early morning flight, because they had a free airport shuttle and I got a good deal. The area of the hotel is not the best, but I don't trust most of NE Calgary, so there's no way around that if you want to stay near the airport. Upon our arrival, I found the lobby to be clean, and lots of space. The check in went fast, and I requested a 5:00 am wake up call, and a 6:00 am shuttle. We asked for an extra bottle of shampoo, and it took the front desk agent and the bellhop over 20 mins to track one down. You'd think they'd leave some at the front desk, we couldn't have been the first people ever to ask for this? We went up to the room, and found it to be large, and enjoyed that there was a balcony.

I called down to the front desk, confirming that we had a wake up call and shuttle booking for the AM, because I've had bad luck in the past with alarm clocks not going off. I slept good, the bed was comfortable, but the batteries in the sleep numbers remote was dead, so that was no use to me. We woke up at 5:30 am, freaking out because we had slept in. I rushed and had a quick shower, packed up and went to check out. I asked again if we had a 6am shuttle booked, the guy at the desk said we did. I told him that the wake up call never came through and he looked at a sheet, and said "oh, your wake up call is at 6 am too" Ummm...okay, how does that work? I said whatever, and asked where the shuttle was. He pointed outside and said it'll be here soon. I waited until about 6:10, watching every person that came and went, no one announcing a shuttle was here. I watched as a group of people went out so I followed. Luckily we got the shuttle, but were never asked our name, so they clearly didn't care if everyone was there or not. Got to the airport in time to catch my flight.

Overall, I would have given the hotel 4 or 5 stars, but the lack of customer service makes it a 3.

Room Tip: We enjoyed our view, being higher up. We were on the 7th floor. In summer it would be nice to sit ou...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank SaraB73
MgrRadissonCalgary, General Manager at Clarion by Choice Hotel and Conference Centre, responded to this review, 21 March 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write. Feedback is very important to us and it is very unfortunate that we left with the impression of poor Guest Services. I apologize on behalf of our team members and we will review for immediate improvements, as we generally receive quite positive service reviews from our guests.

I thank you again for your patronage and look forward to being able to receive the extra star during your next travel dates.

Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 19 March 2012

This is a "what you pay is what you get" hotel. It is functional, rooms are adequate, the bed is comfortable, the bathroom is small (but the shower is great). The staff were quite helpful, even if those at the front desk seemed to give priority to answering phones rather than dealing with guests waiting at the counter. One plus is the hotel restaurant, which offers an attractive, if somewhat pricey, range of dishes. (If cost is a concern, there is a Denny's half a block away.) My only real complaint about the Radisson Hotel Calgary Airport is the use of "Airport" in the name. A 15 minute shuttle ride (it's free) through fairly light traffic to get to the hotel stretches my concept of an "airport" hotel (although someone told me roadworks were causing traffic diversions when I was there).

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Ron R
Thank you taking the time to share your feelings in regards to your most recent stay with us. We are proud of the service and experience we provide to our guests, and are pleased to see that you felt our team was helpful and that our restaurant provided an excellent culinary experience.
As an Airport property, we continue to be able to provide one of the shortest travel times to/from the Airport. With the access located on the North side, the majority of traffic is routed to the highway. We are conveniently located one minute from this major intersection.

We appreciate your patronage and look forward to being able to welcome you once again.