Clarion by Choice Hotel and Conference Centre
Hotel Arts(Calgary)(Great Value!)
US$152
US$147
  • Pool
Delta Hotels Calgary Downtown(Calgary)(Great Value!)
US$239
Hotel Elan(Calgary)
US$123
Hotel Elan
  • Breakfast included
Best Western Plus Suites Downtown(Calgary)(Great Value!)
US$117
US$102
US$208
US$195
  • Restaurant
US$161
US$109
US$83
All reviewsan older hotelclose to the airportthe shuttle driveran early flightone night stayfitness roomdowntownconventionvehicle
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 July 2013

I stayed overnight for my son's soccer tournament. The rooms were clean and spacious. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The team enjoyed using the pool. The location is convenient. The one complaint I have, was due to a lack of service at the lounge. They only had one person working on a Saturday night serving about 30 people. Our group of 8 only got one round of drinks in an hour and a half.

1  Thank jasrai66
Reviewed 22 July 2013

My sister, her friend & I stayed at this hotel during the Calgary Stampede. Check in was a breeze and the staff we really nice. My first impression of the hotel was that it was really outdated. The couches in the lobby looked really faded and worn. When I walked off the elevator on the 2nd floor all I could smell was cigarettes but it clearly stated on the website it was smoke free. I assume this smell was coming from the old carpet. The finishes in the room are very outdated however, I was strictly there to shower and sleep. The shower pressure was good and the room overall was very clean. The cleaning staff knocked once and walked right in at 7:30 am on our second day - a bit frustrating after our late night - this was our only negative run in with the staff. We grabbed breakfast from the restaurant in the hotel one morning and it was very good. We each got a bagel and fruit - a little on the pricey side but the bagels and fruit were fresh, so we didn't mind... and they sell Starbuck's coffee. The front desk staff was really great and told us where the restaurants were (not very many options) and checked us in and out no problem. The cab ride was about $25 each way to the Stampede grounds and $20 to the airport. The hotel has a free shuttle to and from the airport make sure you look into this prior to leaving as it comes in intervals. We got what we paid for and we overall had a good time at this hotel. Would stay again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank kady_ox
Reviewed 22 July 2013

I work at and have stayed at many hotels. This stay was the absolute worst experience i have ever had. The front desk staff were rude and short with me. When i went to check-in we were an hour early (and i'm sure the original reservation requested early check-in but that is beside the point), i asked the girl if she could take my credit card imprint and form so that my husband and kids could just return at 3pm and pick up a key - as i had other things to do in the city - she just repeated herself over and over that she could not do ANYTHING until 3pm. Nobody offered to store our luggage or said anything other than c/i is 3pm.
When we finally got check in, we were not given any information about the hotel, no information about the internet, restaurant, pool etc. We got to the room to find there was no phone book, no hotel directory, no bible. We asked the front desk staff about a hotel directory and were informed there was no such thing on this property. When we inquired about the hours of the pool the lady was very short with us and simply told us the hours, as they are not posted anywhere near the pool either. We were not told the towels were provided in the pool area either. The sleep number beds are horrible and sound like cardboard boxes when you move on them. I called down on the second day of our stay to ask if we would have the same housekeeper, i was told it would be someone else then hung up on. Nobody asked why i wanted to know. (THE HOUSEKEEPING WAS ABSOLUTELY AMAZING, WE WERE VERY IMPRESSED WITH THE HOUSEKEEPERS). When it came check-out day, we did not receive a bill under our door like most hotels do, and i waited at the desk (nobody in front of me) for about 4-5 minutes before the girl looked up from her computer and asked if we were checking out. She didn't say anything just handed me the receipt and that was all. Very disappointed in the hotel in general. The housekeeping staff did an amazing job and were very friendly, they acknowledge myself and my kids when we were in the hallway each day. The front desk staff were absolutely horrible and did not make any effort to make us feel welcome at this property. I will not recommend this property nor stay at this property again in the future.

3  Thank Charlotte_Darrel
Roomsman, Front Office Manager at Clarion by Choice Hotel and Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2013

Dear DSchachtel,

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us. On behalf of the Hotel, please accept my apologies for the poor experience you had with us.

I am throughoughly investigating each issue and will follow up with you via email.

A Welder

Reviewed 19 July 2013

Our family comprising 2 adults and 2 children stayed there during the first few days of the Stampede (July 5-8). We very much enjoyed our stay! Staff was friendly and courteous and hotel location was close to both the airport (about 15 minutes away) and downtown (about 15-20 minutes by car). We tried both breakfast and lunch there and enjoyed both meals. Overall, we would recommend this as it was clean and affordable. Definitely a great place while visiting Calgary. Yeehaw!

Room Tip: Right off the highway (16th Avenue/TransCanada Highway). Apparently, there is also a shuttle service to the airport (we did not try it but did see others taking it).
1  Thank 1AdamVancouver_BC
Reviewed 15 July 2013

I gave this hotel a bad review when it was a Raddison Hotel. Since the change, it has not really changed.
Its barely clean and its very old. Horrible shower and the sleep number bed didn't even work.
On a positive note, its easy to find and easy to get on major highways. So location was good.

Room Tip: Maybe the rooms facing south have a nice view?
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo