“THANKS!!!”

Ranked #81 of 109 Hotels in Calgary
Edmonton, Canada
“THANKS!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2011

I live on the road 350 days out of the year, "You can't read a book by its cover" certainly applies to this old hotel. The outside may look a little dated but the rooms are quiet and comfortable. The staff I dealt with were great, very polite and helpful. This week rooms were tight in Calgary & I could only book a room for two days & Mylene went above & beyond to get me into a new room from the rest of my week in town. I will defiantly be back!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2011

Hotel staff was friendly and made awesome recommendations for dinner (Escoba). Location was great. Room was nice - clean.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Houstonian2011
Saint Augustine Beach, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2011

"You can't read a book by its cover" certainly applies to this old hotel. The outside may look a little dated but the rooms are quiet and comfortable. The staff I dealt with were not rude at all, very polite and helpful. I will stay here again when I'm back in Calgary in December. I gave "breakfast" an average mark as it is not included in the price of the room.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank AuditMan001
Toronto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2011

I travel about 4 times a year on business to Calgary and my regular hotels were booked. I decided to stay at the Ramada Hotel Downtown Calgary. The experience was amazing! We arrived really early and the hotel manager had checked us in and went out of her way to make sure we got a room even though check in was not until 3pm. She was really nice and pleasant to deal with with. She made us feel like we were at home and treated us like we were part of the ramada family. The staff very pleasant and always greeting us with hello, how are you, do you need anything and etc. Very nice experience and will be staying with staff on a regular basis due to the staff. Other things that we enjoyed very clean, work out area, swimming pool, location location location and very comfortable beds. Thanks again for the great experience.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank BoToronto
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2011

I just recently stayed at the Ramada Hotel in Downtown Calgary. It was a last minute booking due to my choice to be spontaneous and decide where to go on a whim. At about $100 a night I expected more. It was obvious the hotel room was old. The vents made constant noises, not only making it's own but also noises of people's conversations from neighbouring rooms. Adjusting the temperature was difficult and the device out dated. When I asked one of the receptionists for directions, he simply pointed and when I asked for more detailed directions he simply looked at me like I was an idiot and gave me attitude as he circled places on the map. After he was done explaining he simply just looked back down at his screen. Also, when it came time to check out and I was waiting in the lobby for my transportation to the airport, three of the receptionists were discussing sexual positions loud enough for me to hear... very inappropriate and uncomfortable. The most helpful person was actually the girl working at the convenience store connected to the hotel. Thank goodness for her otherwise i wouldn't have figured out the bus! The only good features of the hotel were the bedding and the location... right downtown and a decent walk from a number of places.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank techao
Manager7836, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Calgary Downtown, responded to this review, 28 October 2011
Thanks you for your constructive comments. We pride ourselves in customer service and attention to detail and your observations and comments will be mentioned to our staff. The hotel is currently upgrading all the rooms with carpet, new beds, furniture and bedding which will enhance everyone’s hotel experience. We hope you will give us another opportunity to show you that the service you received is not the norm at our property.

Travellers are raving about these Calgary hotels

Okotoks, Alberta, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2011

I just wanted to take some time to talk about the conference that the Ramada hosted for my organization this weekend. As a first time organizer I really appreciated the help that Colleen and Alison provided me throughout the months leading up to the conference. They did a great job explaining options and working to maximize my budget. Come the conference, the staff were super helpful. David did a great job managing the catering staff, and Mylene was amazing to deal with regarding rooming lists. The hotel rooms are newly renovated with comfy beds, which my delegates loved. The food was great too. Our banquet dinner was one of the best I've ever had! These guy take it up a level with their service. Beautiful displays and great great great staff!!! Thanks!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Kevan C
Edinburgh
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2011

This hotel feels a bit tired and in need of a makeover; the public areas in particular all feel very dated. The decor - particularly in the public areas is fairly consistently a kind of brown colour, which makes the whole place seem dark and unwelcoming. The restaurant and bar are nothing special - the bar in particular seems to be a hang out for the local alcoholics. The good news is that the rooms are clean and the beds of comfortable - rooms have balconies which is nice if the weather is good. The staff were very helpful and friendly.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business