“better than the Sandman” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ramada Plaza Calgary Downtown

Ramada Plaza Calgary Downtown
Ranked #79 of 109 Hotels in Calgary
Calgary, Alberta
“better than the Sandman”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2012

There are not many reasonably priced choices in downtown Calgary. I think they are overpriced for what they are, but I guess that's what you get in Calgary.
Bed was very comfortable. Bathroom quite small.
Front desk service excellent.
Valet parking only for $15/day extra. Good service.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Elle M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2012

Me and my partner only stayed here 3 nights in transit to the Rockie Mountains. When we arrived the staff at the front desk were really rude. They advised me they had made a mistake on my booking and had only booked a queen room, although I had already booked and made a deposit for a king room. I told them I wasn't happy as I had booked this well in advance and with both me a my partner being quiet tall there was a reason why I had reserved it. They told me there was nothing they could do and if we wanted to stay in the jacuzzi king room we would have to pay extra? No one helped us with our bags to our room either. The rooms were average, nothing special. At the end of the stay when we were checking out I gave the lady at the front desk the credit card I wished to pay the remaining balance on, only for her to tell me they had already processed the payment on the credit card I had made the deposit on, which attracted me a nice little international fee. Overall I wasn't very impressed with the hotel and would recommend looking around first.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Jaimee A
Letchworth, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2012

Room was good - decent size and clean however the wi-fi in the room wasn't very good, the best place for a signal was right by the door!

We asked the reception staff for directions a couple of times and the information they gave us wasn't very accurate. They were, however friendly and accommodating.

We had breakfast in the hotel on our final day in Calgary and it was possibly the worst breakfast of our entire holiday. The service was terrible and when we did eventually get served our food was lukewarm and we had to ask for the bumbleberry sauce to go with the cinnamon french toast.

I don't think we would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank RachJ75
Hotel_Manager_YYC, Manager at Ramada Plaza Calgary Downtown, responded to this review, 13 November 2012
Dear RachJ75,
Thank you for your comments. We are sorry to learn that you experienced problems with our wireless Internet and that the best signal was only at the entrance to your room. Our Wi-Fi access points are under steady review (can be reset when necessary) and hopefully the issue was brought to our attention before you departed from the Hotel. We are happy to hear that you found the front office staff accommodating. On reading your note we have reminded them to use the resources readily available (Internet, mini-maps) if a destination is in doubt. The restaurant manager has been copied on your comments. It assists us greatly to know when you stayed or when the final breakfast was so that we may address directly with the employees involved. We agree, breakfast should be an enjoyable start to your day and not a disappointment.

We are grateful for your time in sharing your experience. If you wish to provide any more details about your stay, please do so by emailing operations@ramadacalgary.com .
Best regards,