“The overall best hotel in Calgary”

International Hotel and Spa Calgary
Ranked #35 of 109 Hotels in Calgary
Canada
“The overall best hotel in Calgary”
Reviewed 17 November 2013 via mobile

Spent 4 nights st the international. Check in was smooth, quick and friendly Room is outstanding Huge suite. Best hotel bed I have slept on in yrs. great duvet and pillows. Thermostat works!! Hotter cooler whatever! Boy that doesn't happen very often at most hotels. 2 flat screens and on and on! Location is downtown Calgary close to everything Keg restaurant half block away. Outstanding Japanese restaurant half block away. My favourite hotel in Calgary.

• Stayed November 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (240)
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 14 November 2013

I just returned home from a 2 night business stay at the International Hotel Suites in Calgary. I have stayed at this hotel numerous times over the years for both business and pleasure. I have stayed at many expensive brand name hotels in downtown Calgary and this honestly is my favourite.

This time I was upgraded to the Orchid Floor which is a floor exclusive to women (they have a men's floor too). The room had complimentary water, juices and a little bottle of white wine. They had a Tassimo coffee maker with a great selection of coffees and other beverages. Thank goodness they had instructions with it as it was a lot more complicated than a Keurig machine (thank you for that!).

The room is HUGE and very comfortable. The entire hotel including my room and bathroom was spotless. The beds are firm and I sleep like a baby at this hotel.

I always am amazed that this hotel is generally one of the most reasonable priced for downtown Calgary yet so nice. I find the hotel offers great value.

Something that I think is new is they offer free breakfast in the morning with lots of fresh fruit.

I will definitely be back on my next business trip!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 14 November 2013

Having visited Calgary many times, I have to say that this is by far the best experience I've had staying in a hotel there. While my initial reservation under a special group rate had been lost (during a busy weekend, no less) the staff worked diligently to contact the necessary parties and ensure I received the reduced rate.

The room was extremely quiet, comfortable, and extremely spacious. Staff were at all times gracious and helpful. Food was excellent (and included with my stay!). Location, right downtown, can't be beat.

The one knock, I would have to say, is lack of included parking. Things are pricey enough in downtown Calgary without having to cover parking. Seems like this could be related to the flooding and their garage being washed out, however.

Would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Regina
Reviewed 13 November 2013

I love the large rooms, every room comes with a sitting room/dining room and bar area complete with mini fridge and bottled water. This is great value for the money in downtown Calgary, nice easy walk to most offices. TVs available in both the bedroom and the living room. The staff is always cheerful and helpful, I have stayed here many times and will continue to do so in the future. I have often received complimentary room upgrades. Some hotel areas still recovering from the flood so some amenities are not yet available such as gym and regular restaurant but breakfast is offered in the lounge.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

InternationalCalgary, General Manager at International Hotel and Spa Calgary, responded to this review, 16 November 2013
Thank you for your recent stay with us and taking time to post your review. You will be pleased to know our brand new restaurant "GLOBAL" is now open and serving our deluxe, complimentary breakfast buffet every morning between 6:30-10:00 am.
We hope when you return to Calgary next, we will have the opportunity to host you again and serve you in our new lower level restaurant. Thank you again for your past business.
Reviewed 12 November 2013 via mobile

5 stars and nothing less. The rooms are like mini apartments, great for holding meetings or if you have many people wanting to stay together. This hotel is a good price, breakfast is quite nice, the restaurant for dinner inside the hotel is quite good and the front desk team know what they are doing! I will be back for many years to come! Good job!

Stayed September 2013
Yuma, Arizona
Reviewed 5 November 2013 via mobile

Did not honor the promotion on the internet ad! Problems checking so had to argue with them! Staff not in tune with promo! Charged wrong and not given what was reserved! Suite not renovated as indicated on Internet! Breakfast excellent! Location excellent! We stay here when we stay in Calgary!

• Stayed November 2013
InternationalCalgary, General Manager at International Hotel and Spa Calgary, responded to this review, 11 November 2013
Thank you for staying with us and once again we apologize for our mistake. Hopefully you received our email last week acknowledging our error and refunding your credit card the applicable amount. We not only made a mistake initially but we did not promptly admit our error so we owe you two apologies. We are happy to hear you liked our location and complimentary breakfast and we hope you will stay with us on your next visit to Calgary and give us another opportunity to meet all your expectations for your stay. Again we are sorry and thank you for your past business.
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 5 November 2013

Excellent service and very friendly staff. The location could not be better and the price is very good compared to near by hotels. That said, the hotel looks a little tired and could use an overall renovation.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business