“Quite and away from the city noise”

The Glenmore Inn & Convention Centre
Ranked #46 of 110 Hotels in Calgary
Reviewed 17 June 2013

This is my second stay at this hotel. The staffs were friendly and helpful. The breakfast menu at the restaurant was excellent and food was delicious. The facility was very nice and plenty to offer in terms of restaurants and fitness/pool activities. The buffet was excellent in the Garden Court . I liked the morning Globe and Mail newspaper delivered early in the morning. The only drawback that I have seen in both the occasion at the hotel was the blankets are very old and that need to be replaced.

Room Tip: Ask for room at the tower which are airy and lots of natural lights. The ground floor rooms are nice...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank zahmed2013

Reviewed 3 June 2013

We wanted to stay close to the Calgary Humane Society and needed a hotel that accepted pets. We originally drove by here and admittedly I did not like the looks. Rather old and unassuming. After driving around for far longer than we should of, with not a lot of choices, out of shear frustration we ended up back here. And thankful that we did. As the location is in more of an industrial/residential area there is not much around. But it is next too a stripmall so there is a liquor store, convenience store, and a few dining options.

I normally check the reviews prior but didn't have time to read them, just looked over the overall ratings. Good enough. So I walked in and was rather wowed by the lobby. The front desk staff were incredibly pleasant and efficient. I was checked in in no time. For the rest of our stay, any staff that we came across had a smile and very pleasant.

Our room was 3rd floor tower. Now I'm not sure if the lower rooms (which I assume is the older part) are where all the bad reviews come in, but our room was very spacious with 2 queen beds, desk, table and chairs etc. It was very clean, which sometimes - when traveling with pets we seem to get third rate rooms, and the bedding was nicer than your normal run of the mill hotel linens. Little details like the wood box that hid the coffee supplies was a nice simple touch. I found the rate very reasonable ($114 at the time of writing).

Wifi was definitely spotty. It worked but could be very slow at times. Lots of channels on the TV. I'm not so sure that there was air-conditioning though. Which we didn't need, but in the middle of summer I'm sure it would be missed.

The beds were harder than I am normally used to, but we didn't lose sleep over it. Didn't find them that bad. Blackout drapes worked well, but the noise from loud guests in the hallway could easily be heard. Not really the hotel's fault, just dis-respectful guests. Didn't hear the traffic from the road. There is ample parking unless there is a huge function going on, then I can see it may get full. There was a wedding this weekend and still the parking lot was half empty.

We ordered room service, steak sandwiches, which came quickly, hot, and very good. The express checkout was simple and was appreciated as was the 12pm check-out time.

I would stay again and not hesitate to recommend but maybe with a caveat that they request a tower room since I don't know what the lower rooms are like.

Room Tip: I would suggest a tower room.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Mihart
Reviewed 4 May 2013

Great hotel with good amenities, Fitness facility is ok as far as hotels go, the rooms are nice and clean and the staff is friendly. This hotel has banquet rooms, meeting rooms, a pool, etc. Everything you need for a stay. I was here on business and enjoyed my stay. The location was great for my needs too.

Room Tip: The best rooms are in the tower. They are more quiet and nicer than the others which are a little lo...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Peter M
Reviewed 21 April 2013 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel for a recent volleyball tournament. It was reasonable, the gym was ok, and the breakfast was great. The room itself was fine - not amazing but fine. The room rate increases substantially for those paying the regular rate and the breakfast is not included. Under those circumstances - not sure that it would be worth it. I would suggest shopping around for another option.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Pivo06
Reviewed 18 April 2013

This hotel looks like it has undergone some renovations in the past little while, however there are things that have been left that need improving.
The bar/lounge has really good service from Greg (if he is working), the prices are mid to high for quality of the food you get. I had the Prime Rib special one of the nights I stayed here and it was 13.99 for prime rib , mashed and veg. If you want a free breakfast of any kind you are out of luck. I had a cup of coffee and a bowl of Cold cereal for the low low price of 9.50 after taxes. Most Hotels for about the same money give you at least free coffee and muffins. There is a room service menu that you can pre-order Breakfast in the morning but watch the pricing because you can drive 10 minutes down the road and get a cheaper 2 eggs, bacon and toast breakfast, which at the time of this review was 12.99 + tax + 15%. Where the hotel is located has two problems, one is the noise from Glenmore Trail, the Second is access to and from the hotel is limited. Just a side note that if your GPS or phone wants you to go all the way down to Barlow to come back around to get into the hotel just turn at the Ogden Road/Shepard Road intersection and go north and you will find the enterance. The room we stayed in was renovated and had a nice new shower, carpet, TV, and Flooring, but what it did not have was a new bed. Both beds in the room were HARD. For the three days that we stayed here I found it very hard to sleep due to these old beds. My co-worker and I asked at the front desk if there were any other rooms that had newer beds and we were told that there might be different beds in another room. We asked if we could check out another room and the nice lady took us on a tour of rooms in the Garden part of the hotel and the newer Tower part of the hotel. All the other (3) rooms we checked out had the exact same beds. We ended up staying in the room we had initially checked into. Parking is free but during conventions/parties it is at a premium.

Room Tip: Dont stay here unless you have to
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Mrfat187
Reviewed 25 March 2013

We stayed at the Glenmore Inn for a Volleyball tournament. We were very impressed with the rooms and the hotel. They are all updated and modern. There is no sign of the age of the building.
The kids loved the pool.
The fitness room could use some updating. The treadmills were old, outdated and cheap. There were not enough towels in the room. And the one little fan in the room did not keep it cool. there is not a bike in there either.
The 'free' buffet was just ok. It is a step above a continental breakfast. But could use some yogurt and some other fruits.
All of the staff at the hotel were awesome.
Yes we would stay there again.
As a team, they gave us some extra 'perks' as well.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 March 2013

We recently spent the week at this hotel while in Calgary for training. We have been to Calgary many times and I've never heard of this hotel. It seems to be a "working man's" hotel and most people staying there are there for work. The rooms were clean and the beds were comfortable. The hotel is close to an industrial area but it's also only a short drive to Chinook mall and other attractions.
We used the pool which was very clean. The waterslide was fun and super fast. You'd never know it because it is sort of small but it will shoot you out like a bullet! We didnt use the gym but it was quite small.
There are three restaurants in the hotel. We did not use the lounge because we had our 6 month old with us nor did we go to the fine dining restaurant. We ate at the cafe the first night we were there. The food was not very tasty but the service was good. We decided to try it again the following night and ordered room service. All the food served was all packaged and previously frozen. Nothing was fresh or actually prepared. I do not recommend eating there. However, there are at least three restaurants in the strip mall located in the same parking lot.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family