“excellent”

The Glenmore Inn & Convention Centre
Ranked #48 of 110 Hotels in Calgary
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Good service, good food & very friendly staff. Enjoyed our stay. Would recommend it to all. We did not use the pool & waterslide but looks like a great place for families. Rooms are very clean & homey.

Reviewed 30 April 2014

Good features, reasonably priced, friendly front end staff. Cleanliness of the room was below par. TV was good, but a little smaller than the current industry average. Pool and weight room were nice, but only one elliptical machine, and it was broken. Mostly good value, quiet and friendly - just seemed that that cleaning staff might have been a little overtaxed.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

Overall my stay was good. My room was very clean and the staff courteous and helpful. For a convention centre I feel an airport shuttle is a must. Hotel is out of the way so hard to enjoy other Calgary activities.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

I always stay here because it is close to my business and convenient to get visit my children in SW Calgary. The rooms are clean, the food is good and the beer is cold...what more do you need!
The only complaint I have is the noise from the pipe plant nearby during the night...they drop those pipes and the noise is so different it wakes me up.

Reviewed 27 April 2014

We traveled to Calgary for a family vacation and stayed at the Glenmore 2 nights. My kids have never traveled out of BC until now. I booked a room on a high floor so we would have a view. Upon check in we were offered a room on the 5th floor, I asked if they had any rooms higher we were given a room on the 8th. The view was overlooking an industrial park, but the room was OK. We knew the hotel was a little out of the way when we booked.
When we got to the room the first thing we did was open the curtains and I was disappointed to see the window was quite dirty. The mattress was old, not a pillow top and seemed hard and lumpy.
My kids were thrilled with the pool and water slide.
We left in the morning (tuesday) for the Zoo, and came back at about 7pm, the parking lot was jam packed, we drove around for about 20 min looking for a parking space, and finally parked in front of one of the other businesses. When we came in and asked at the front desk about the parking we were told if we parked in front of another business we would be towed, and they had no other solution for parking. Finally a staff member talked to one of the other business owners and we parked there and were told that the parking situation should improve around 10pm. When we got to the room I was disappointed to see that the window had not been cleaned in spite of leaving the curtains open.
The parking did not improve by 10, and my husband had to get up at 1am to move our vehicle.
We rated this hotel as just OK and if we visit Calgary again we would probably choose another place, mostly due to location. The staff was fantastic, friendly and helpful.

Reviewed 25 April 2014

The service was good and it was a pet freindly place. The buffay breakfast was excellent and waiter was great. The room was quiet but the heater made the room humid . The hot and pool were very clean.

Reviewed 25 April 2014

First of all I would like to say that as a conference centre the glenmore is fine. To stay in a room is awful. I can't even believe the matteresses at this place I mean... It's a hotel! It's so old there are grooves from previous visitors, I can feel the springs through the mattress. I've never felt a materess this hard in my entire life and no it's not because it's meant to be a firm mattress let's be clear this is a VERY OLD matteress. I've spoken to other visitors who have the same complaint. Thankfully I got a king room which had 6 pillows so layed them on the matteress and slept on top of them. I'm blown away more people haven't commented on it. I guess I just expect a decent matteress at a hotel. Besides that: 2 burnt out lights when I arrived in my room. Wallpaper pealing. Bathroom floor has some kind of red splatter on it so not very well cleaned. I don't really care about that stuff though the bad night sleep is what will prevent me from staying here again.

• Stayed: April 2014