“Always satisfied”

Ranked #11 of 109 Hotels in Calgary
edmonton
“Always satisfied”
Reviewed 24 May 2013

This hotel or its staff has never disappointed us. All suites, very clean and employees which are not afraid to go above and beyond for their guests. From being greeted when we arrived late by my actual name, to and this blew me away, I casualy mentioned to my wife that I feel like a nice dinner tomorrow night for our aniversary, by the time our laugage has arrived the person who brought it it had five choices and locations for a nice romantic dinner...Great job, thank you.

Room Tip: Try to get upgraded to the Club Floor
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sylvester_Borowka
Michelle N, Director of Operations at Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire, responded to this review, 3 July 2013
Thank you for the valuable feedback! We are delighted you enjoyed your stay at the hotel while in Calgary. Congratulations on your anniversary. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!
David Stevenson-Moore, Director of Operations

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (188)
  • Korean first
Houston, TX
Reviewed 23 May 2013

Stayed here for business. All the rooms are suites. THere's a small bedroom, and a small living room, with a little dining table/desk. There's a small microwave/fridge/sink. There's no cookware, but there's a coffeemaker and wine glasses and coffee mugs.

Bath is accessable from the living area or bedroom. There's a TV in both rooms.

There is a fitness center with cardio machines and weights. There's also an indoor pool. There's a bar / steakhouse and a pub with food within the hotel.

Directly across the street there's a few other pub/restaurants too.

Also, it is right by the river, where there is a nice path for running or walking.

Staff are friendly. You don't need a car if you are in town for business and working in the downtown area. It is connected to the +15 skywalks, so if the weather is bad - you can easily get to the office indoors.

Bed was comfortable. Room was quiet. There was enough counter space in the bathroom for all my stuff (female with makeup), and plenty of hot water for a shower.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank ehall
Thank you for the valuable feedback from your most recent stay at the Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire. Your description is helpful as it allows us to understand our guests needs and provide them the amenities that will make their stay comfortable. We are thrilled you and your family enjoyed your stay while in Calgary. We cannot wait to welcome you back again soon!
Jasper National Park, Canada
Reviewed 20 May 2013

It is downtown so it's a fun location. We walked around and enjoyed the area. The room was clean. Staff were average. It wasn't noisy. Parking is expensive. We weren't aware of the extra cost until we arrived. Otherwise it was a good stay.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Michelle N, Director of Operations at Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire, responded to this review, 30 May 2013
Thank you for the review of your most recent stay at the Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 19 May 2013

I've only ever stayed in the hotel once, but as it is walking distance from my house, I walk through there all the time to visit their concierge desks (upper and lower). I would recommend bending down to pet the lower concierge desk, he's a dog and guests love him.

The night that I have stayed in the hotel, we were upgraded to a jacuzzi suite, thus I can only ever say amazing things about this place. The calibre of hotel speaks for itself as many stars, hockey players and media stay here when in Calgary. It couldn't be better.

For tour groups, the bus parking is poor and the unloading area very difficult due to trees. Please call ahead to have concierge block this area off for a bus to unload as I have found them very accommodating. The positive side is the individual traveller will have less tour groups clogging up the lobby.

Parks, fitness facilities and restaurants are all a close walking distance.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Martin F
St. Petersburg, Florida
Reviewed 17 May 2013

After a week long stay, this property kept me satisfied.

Check-in was a breeze, and the suite was clean, and comfortable. The evening turndown is a pleasant surprise. The pool and hot tub were wonderful, and this middle aged guy acted like a kid, and tried the slide!

The gym is modern, and well equipped, but can be busy at peak times.

No complaints for this hotel, and will return when I need to stay in Calgary again!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Traveling_Cub
Canada - Philippines
Reviewed 16 May 2013

I had a Monday meeting so I took the family to Calgary for a long weekend and booked the Sheraton. The location is really perfect for families, right next to the park and 60km of walking trails while only a few blocks from superb restaurants and shopping. We took in Cirque on Mother's Day and it was only a 5 minute drive from the hotel.

We upgraded to a Club room which was well worth the extra cost. The morning buffet was excellent and the evening snacks were more of a mini buffet. They have an outdoor deck which was very nice, although it will be even better once they have flowers in the planters.

The only downside was that the hotel is getting a little tired but they are starting a major renovation this summer. The rooms are mostly one bedroom suites but I know they do have some two bedroom suites as well. Having two televisions was great for the family and with a mini kitchenette with a small fridge, sink and microwave, having snacks was easy.

The major upside is the service. From the front desk staff to the club lounge and the valet parking folks, they have all been very well trained and genuinely want to make your stay as comfortable as possible. We will definitely stay there again this summer.

Room Tip: Club rooms are terrific. Ask for a view of the Eau Claire market or the park, the get the morning su...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank DiverDennis
New Haven, Connecticut
Reviewed 13 May 2013

I stayed here for one evening as part of a 7000+ road trip from the East Coast of the US through the Canadian Rockies and on to Vancouver. This was my first visit to Alberta, indeed to anywhere in Canada west of Quebec. I had previously had mixed results with other Sheraton and Sheraton Suites properties in North America so I really wasn't sure what to expect. What I found was a really impressive, well run property that was comfortable with a touch of practical luxury.

I had a two room suite featuring a king bed, dinning table, two flat screen tvs, etc. Check in was prompt and professional. Staff were very friendly asking about my trip and if i had ever been to Calgary and encouraging me to come back for Stampede. I was quickly taken to my room where my luggage was deposited by the bell staff.

Facilities were clean, comfortable, and well maintained. The room was delightfully quiet and room service food was above average. I regretted I couldn't spend more time in Calgary but I had to move on.

The hotel was really a wonderful stop along the way and was a bit more luxurious than the pictures on TA make it appear. I was very pleased and feel it is a bit underrated at #11 on TripAdvisor (as of date of this review).

I think the property will appeal to a range of traveller for both business and pleasure and for both solo travelers and families.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank twainandwhitman
Michelle N, Director of Operations at Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire, responded to this review, 17 May 2013
Thank you for the detailed feedback. Wow, what an incredible journey you ventured on! We are delighted to have been your home away from home in Calgary. We are thrilled you enjoyed our hotel’s unique offerings and the service provided by our team! I will be sure to pass on your accolades to my teams.