“Excellent Location, Good business Hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire

Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire
Ranked #11 of 109 Hotels in Calgary
Newbury UK
“Excellent Location, Good business Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2013

Stayed here for two nights on business. The Sheraton is in an excellent central location and within easy walking distance of the park and river area.
The suites are large and offer a seperate living room/kitchenette from the bedroom. I would say they need a little revamp as now looking a bit dated/tired. The room does however have all the necessary extra's/services needed for a pleasant trouble free stay. Guest Service was excellent and all staff were very courteous and attentive.

Prices are however quite high and I do wish hotels would include breakfast, Wifi and free movies in the room rate as a standard package, as collectively when individually added these costs add a significant amount daily
Overall I thoroughly enjoyed my stay and would recommend to all for those on business. For those looking for a romantic hotel int he heart of Calgary, I would probably try a smaller boutique type hotel

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Michelle N, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire, responded to this review, 7 October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide some feedback on your most recent stay at the Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire. We are so glad that you enjoyed your suite and service during your stay and that you were able to take advantage of our unique location with all that the surrounding area has to offer. We are in the process of a large scale revitalization where our Sheraton Club Floor guest suites were enhanced to have a sophisticated, classic look with a modern touch and elegant feel. We look forward to you visiting us again so that you may experience the changes we’ve made!

Ian Marceau, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
  • Korean first
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2013

Spent 3 nights over the Labour Day weekend at this property. Really good spot to stay at. Located a block out of the downtown core per se, so a little bit quieter and a bit more of a neighbourhood feel. Located a block from the running trails and parks along the river. My room was absolutely spotless, and very very comfortable indeed. Superfriendly service from everybody - right down to the housekeepers servicing the rooms. Very strongly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for the glowing recommendation on your most recent stay at the Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire! We are so thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us and were able to experience our unique location in Eau Claire, a truly spectacular area of Calgary! I will be sure to pass on your accolades to the team. We look forward to your return.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

Fantastic place to stay, personal favorite downtown Calgary. I have stayed at them all. Only complaint is the room service food is mediocre, service is awesome. Just book it, the NHL teams often stay here.

• Stayed January 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Michelle N, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire, responded to this review, 16 October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide some thoughts on your most recent stay at the Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire. We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay and appreciate the feedback. We look forward to welcoming you in the future.

Gibsons, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

Just stayed 4 nights here and absolutely love the location, the size of the room and the helpful staff. I was visiting my son who lives in Kensington, and it was a very pleasant walk thru a lovely park to get to him. My complaints are all things they can easily change, the biggest one being the charge for Internet! I became a Starwood member as I anticipate being in Calgary once a month and had decided I would always stay there because of the location, so was shocked that even as a member I still have to pay for Internet. I think that in this day and age, it's ridiculous to charge guests for Internet, like charging extra to use the microwave! Other complaints were supplying Starbucks paper cups instead of proper mugs and not having a single plate or piece of cutlery in what looks like a well appointed kitchenette. I had a friend pop round for tea, we used the only 2 paper cups, then I had to fish those same paper cups out of the waste paper bin, to use for coffee the next morning! The sort of thing you get from a 1 or 2 star motel, not a 5 star hotel. I switched rooms as I needed space for a crib when my granddaughter stayed over, and was surprised when the second room supplied the range of toiletries expected in a 5 star hotel, while the other only had shampoo and conditioner! Not very consistent housekeeping. As I said earlier, all things that can easily be remedied by the hotel. Would still return there - with my own mug!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to complete such a detailed review of your most recent stay at the Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire. I am pleased you enjoyed your suite and were able to take advantage of our spectacular location in Eau Claire. I will be sure to pass on your feedback to our housekeeping department and do encourage you in the future to reach out to any member of our Guest Service Team who would be happy to provide any additional items to make your stay more comfortable. We look forward to your return!

Vancouver
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2013

Great location no doubt! The room was dated - needs to be updated. The gym was good. The service wasn't 4 star service. Valet parking service was good - offered water bottles on my way out. Got charge for Internet when I didn't sign in - it was removed. I booked this hotel over Westin because of the great reviews here. IMHO, my stay didn't meet the service I expected from a 4 star hotel and the reviews I read. It's average and on the low scale for a 4 star hotel - more of a 3 star hotel.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Michelle N, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire, responded to this review, 5 November 2013
Thank you taking the time to provide us feedback of your most recent stay at the Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire. I am glad you enjoyed your stay in Eau Claire, a truly spectacular location in Calgary. I am disappointed you felt your experience did not reflect the outstanding reviews we feel are a true representation of our service. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back, at which time we hope to make amends and show you a true representation of the award winning service we pride ourselves on.

Winnipeg, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2013

We spent a total of 3 nights at this hotel in mid-August 2013. The rooms are excellent - we had 2 queens, with a sofa bed in the living area. The microwave and fridge are handy, but they only supply a few cups - no plates or cutlery. The staff are extremely friendly and helpful!! There is valet parking for $38/day. They ask for 10 minutes warning to bring the cars around, but when it's busy it can be twice that. The staff is working hard, though, and do their best to serve you quickly, and keep you apprised of when the car will be up. The pool area is really fun - a waterside, sizeable pool, and nice whirlpool. The pool area is glassed in, giving lovely natural light and sky views. They ran out of towels late in the day in the pool area, which was inconvenient, and the bathing suit spinner didn't work the last night we were there. Minor inconveniences in an otherwise well-run hotel. I'd recommend it.

Room Tip: I'd suggest not being on the same floor as the pool (2nd)- more traffic and a bit noisier.
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to provide us a review of your most recent stay at the Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire. I apologize for the inconvenience you encountered with valet however I am glad to learn our team was able to make amends. I am thrilled you had enjoyable stay and were able to take advantage of the pool and fitness area! I will be sure to pass your thoughts onto our Guest Service Team. Thank you for the recommendation, we look forward to hosting you in the future.
Camrose, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2013

We were in Calgary for a wedding and although the wedding was in Okotoks (about 1/2 hr. drive), we chose the Sheraton because we are Starwood members and the Eau Claire location had the proper room configirations for our families 2 night stay.

We stayed in a 2 bedroom suite the first evening and it was very comfortable. There were 2 full bathrooms a minibar and microwave. The living area had a pullout couch, which we did not use because the second bedroom had two queen beds. Kids said they were comfy! The main bedroom had a king bed and although the room was small and confirgured around the wall mounted TV, it was comfortable. The bathrooms were each large and provided plenty of towels and face clothes for our group.

The first morning I had a difficult time getting my car brought around on time, but the manager took care of things after I waited for 40 minutes. I believe that the new service express system allows for errors in communication between guests and departments in the Sheraton properties. I perfer to speak directly with the valet service and then both parties know who they spoke with and the ball doesnt get dropped. The situation would not deter me from staying here again in the future. It is just what happened.

The second night the hotel staff moved our luggage to a smaller king corner room because our party was now only 2 people. The room was very large and so comfortable. The bathroom had a large bubble tub and a separate shower. The bathroom was massive. We ordered room service and the food was excellent, hot and quickly delivered. Breakfast in the morning was also perfect!

The hotel is doing some renovations on the club floor, so sadly we did not have the opportunity to enjoy those extras. I am excited to see what the new rooms will look like.

The location is excellent; along the river, downtown, but also easy to get out to the freeway and head any direction. There are great restaurants and shopping in the area. I would recommend this property for your next stay in Calgary.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review of your most recent stay at the Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire. I am thrilled to learn that you and your family enjoyed the features of our suites, surrounding amenities and spectacular location in Eau Claire Market. We cannot wait to welcome you back so that you can experience the newly revitalized Sheraton Club Floor and Lounge. Thank you for the recommendation and as always, we look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future!