“Lovely hotel in a good position with a great team”

Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire
Ranked #9 of 109 Hotels in Calgary
Eastbourne, United Kingdom
“Lovely hotel in a good position with a great team”
Reviewed 26 January 2014

I had stayed in this hotel before and knew it was a good hotel - the team were very helpful especially Patsy the concierge who helped organise our car hire for us . Comfortable warm rooms , nice bars and restaurants, and excellent breakfast.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Ian M, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your most recent stay at the Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and will be sure to pass along your accolades to Patti, our Chef Concierge- She will be thrilled. We look forward to welcoming you back upon your next stay.

General Manager, Ian Marceau

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (190)
  • Korean first
St. Petersburg, Florida
Reviewed 20 January 2014

I have stayed countless nights in this hotel in 2013. The staff remains considerate, and service focused. Everyone you encounter will greet you with a smile, and a warm welcome.

The rooms could use some TLC. The carpet is starting to show it's age. It is pretty dirty. The rooms are a bit dated. They have started renovating a few rooms, primarily their club level rooms. Those are GREAT, but are very few in number.

The Club Lounge has been renovated, offering breakfast, and evening snacks and bar service. The attendants here are great. The breakfast is awesome, with a nice selection of warm and cold items. The layout of the club isn't the best, with very few comfortable places to actually sit, and eat. Most of the available seating are more for relaxing / socializing rather than eating. So be prepared to try to eat breakfast from a strange chair, and a low coffee table.

All in all, this hotel still is an excellent choice in the corridor in Calgary, and will certainly stay again should my travels take me to Calgary.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Traveling_Cub
Ella S, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire, responded to this review, 3 February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your most recent stay at the Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire. In addition to our Sheraton Club Levels and Function Space that was completely enhanced this past summer, we have commenced the transformation of our Traditional Guest Suites to make your stay with us better than ever! Our Traditional Guest Suites will be revitalized to have a sophisticated, classic look with a modern touch and elegant feel. Thank you for the recommendation, we look forward to welcoming you back upon your next escape to Calgary!

Jinzhou, China
Reviewed 19 January 2014

As a Chinese, I was so pleased to have a nice business trip to Calgary. I stayed at Sheraton Suites Calgary for 3 nights (10th, 11th and 13th of Jan. 2014), it is a very good hotel with clean, peaceful conditions. Located in the downtown Calgary, the city's best attractions are only steps away from China town. It is very convenience for us to have Chinese food.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Jiacheng N
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your most recent stay at the Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire. We are thrilled you enjoyed your take and were table to experience our convenient location in Eau Claire Market sitting right next to China Town! We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Houston, Texas
Reviewed 17 January 2014

I stayed here over 6 years ago and things don't seem to have changed a bit. I found this quite disappointing as my first impression back then was the place seemed dated. As for the positives, I really enjoyed the Irish pub. The staff was friendly and the food was surprisingly good for the price. The gym seems to have been updated, but was still lacking compared to other downtown hotels like the Hyatt. Also, you can't beat the location and on colder days I didn't even have to step outside to get to my office. The beds were darn comfortable too! Now for the not so goods...the breakfast buffet was lacking for the price. I opted for breakfast on the first day, but then decided to pick up something in the +15 the next day for a fraction of the price. I arrived at the hotel after midnight and noticed the room had a musty smell, but was too tired to deal with it then. Given the short length of my trip I opted to just deal with it. Similar to the rest of the property, the rooms are very dated. There was a red arm chair in the living area that was so filthy, I very much doubt Goodwill would even except it if donated. I remember seeing a few notes referring to renovations underway so I'm interested to see the future changes. Maybe in 6 years when I visit I will absolutely be blown away.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Michelle N, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire, responded to this review, 5 February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your most recent stay at the Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire. I am thrilled to learn you enjoyed Fionn MacCool’s Irish pub and our convenient location in Eau Claire Market. I am sorry to hear you were uncomfortable with your suite and upon your next stay we will be sure to make amends. We have commenced the transformation of our Traditional Guest Suites to make sure your stay with us is better than ever. Our Suites will be revitalized to have a sophisticated, classic look with a modern touch and an elegant feel. We look forward to welcoming you back so that you may experience the new product!

Toronto
Reviewed 17 January 2014

This hotel was good, the fact that it was a suite was fantastic. The things I did not like: there are no safes in the room?!? This seems crazy to me. It's a 4 star property and doesn't have safes?? Also, they have clock radios from 1985 in the rooms, with no capability to play ipods!?
The beds were good. The bathroom light was weird as it starts of very very dim and eventually gets bright (after you're done getting ready). The wi-fi was fast. The location was cute with the Old Spaghetti Factory just across the street. The hotel's access to the Plus15 was fantastic, I was in Calgary while it was -30 and didn't even have to go outside.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your most recent stay at the Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire. Upon your next stay I will be happy to ensure there is a safe in your suite. We are thrilled you enjoyed our convenient location in Eau Claire Market and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 January 2014

I stayed at Sheraton suites and it was indeed amazing! The bathroom was exotic with a Jacuzzi to enjoy. I particularly enjoyed the dining space where I would work on my computer during late evenings. The staff was courteous. The lounge facility to be used during the evenings was awesome. Enjoyed my stay here.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your most recent stay at the Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire. I am thrilled to learn you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back upon your next escape to Calgary!

Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 3 January 2014

Stayed at this hotel a few times. Check in staff very prompt and friendly. Rooms are fairly decent for the price....$165.00/night for a king size bed, and a pull out couch. Stayed for three nights and found the cleaning staff fairly efficient and kept the room clean. Rooms are a bit out dated but functional. The pub, lounge, and restaurant had good service, food very reasonable and for the most part tasty and good. Pub does have live entertainment, but check the schedule. Hotel gym has a good setup to easily handle 5-6 people. Pool and hot tub a good addition to the experience. It's not a 4 star hotel, but close. This is a good hotel for a visitor to the city wanting to stay downtown and walk to a variety of shopping, restaurants, etc. We live in Calgary and like the fact we can get away for a few nights and stay in the Eau Claire area and enjoy walking about.

Room Tip: If you want a view, suggest that you get an east facing room away from the elevator 5th floor or abo...