“Super stay!”

Ranked #11 of 109 Hotels in Calgary
Vancouver, Canada
“Super stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

Like many of the reviewers on this site, I stay exclusively at this hotel when in Calgary. Just returned from another visit and had a reno'd room - really really nice. Suites are a good size, bed is super comfortable, and my room was literally spotless!!!! Sheets on the bed smelled very very faintly of bleach, which I associate with a high degree of cleanliness, so I was very happy. It's the little touches I think that make this hotel - shower poofy and shower gel, shaving cream and mouthwash in the bathroom. The front desk staff were super-accomodating as well - I was able to check in when I arrived around 1 pm, and able to check out at 2 pm. A really good, clean, solid property with very friendly efficient staff.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank SDS6711
Ian M, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Thank you for the glowing review! We are thrilled to be your exclusive hotel of choice in Calgary! I am delighted you experienced the world class service we pride ourselves on. We look forward to welcoming you back upon your next escape to Calgary.
Ian Marceau, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (187)
  • Korean first
canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014

We have stayed at the Sheraton Eau Claire several times over the years. For our purposes, it is an ideal, central location. One slight disappointment----when we reserved our room, we were told we would be in a newly renovated room. However, we somehow did not get a redone suite as promised. We were on the 6th floor which has yet to be updated. It was fine, clean, safe etc. It would have been a little nicer to have clean, fresh and new - especially since our room was sold as such. Our kids always enjoy the pool. The work out facility is very nice for a hotel gym. If a person wants more for fitness, the Eau Claire YMCA is right next door. Vehicles must be valet parked. This worked fine for us, but some may not appreciate.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your most recent stay at the Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire. I regret to learn you were not able to experience a newly revitalized suite however am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. We will be sure to locate you in a renovated room upon your next stay so you may experience the new product. We are thrilled you and your family enjoyed the fitness facilities. We look forward to your return!
Ashburn, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014

I stay exclusively at this hotel when I am in Calgary. I have never once had a bad experience. the hotel is clean and the rooms are spacious - especially if you are on the 12th or 14th floor. The club breakfasts are the best I've seen in the Sheraton chain. The staff is always friendly and accommodating. The work out facilities are nice, and there are great food spots within a couple of blocks. Top notch hotel in my book.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the top floors. it is worth the price difference, if there even is a price difference...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank David F
David,

Thank you for the glowing feedback! We are thrilled to be your exclusive choice hotel in Calgary. You've pointed out some of our finest amenities and services and are delighted to learn you continue to enjoy our Sheraton Club! We look forward to your return!
Lethbridge, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014

Looking to stay overnight in Calgary with our family of five and ended up choosing the Sheraton Eau Claire because of the downtown location. Got a good deal on a suite though Expedia and the kids were excited because there was a pool and got tub.
Arrived Friday night, check in was smooth and valet was friendly. When we got to our room, it was clean and well set up with plenty of room for our family. We changed and headed to the pool. The pool was COLD and the hot tub was only luke warm, kind of disappointing as we booked this hotel largely due to the fact that it had a pool and would be fun for the kids. Had a quick swim and headed back to the room. We pulled out the couch bed and had to phone for additional linens as the drawers that were supposed to have extra pillows and blankets were empty. Waited 15 minutes for housekeeping to bring them to us which was hard as we were waiting to tuck the kids in to bed.
Another criticism of the room is that they were seriously lacking in electrical outlets! Ended up plugging my phone in in the bathroom as the only outlet in the bedroom was wedged behind the bed! Once the kids were in bed, my husband left to grab a few snacks. Disappointed to be told by the front desk girl that the confectionary was closed for the night and the hotel doesn't have even a single vending machine?! Closest food is either takeout from Joey's across the street or else a Mac's two blocks away.
Headed down to the restaurant for brunch the next morning. Food was good and the staff were friendly and accommodating to our children. Kids under 5 eat free at the weekend brunch which was a great bonus for us.
We checked out after breakfast and the process was easy as check in. Valet was friendly and helpful, although two out of three looked a little disheveled, wearing hiking boots/toques etc. Felt this didn't really suite the professional image that I thought the Sheraton usually strives to uphold.
All in all our stay was good. Due to the things I've noted above, I think I would have been disappointed if I had paid more than $119 a night to stay here. That being said, if we can get a similar deal on this place in he future, we will likely stay with them again.

• Stayed April 2014
Ian M, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your most recent stay at the Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire. I am sorry to learn about the challenges you faced with the pool temperature and encourage you to bring it to the attention of our Guest Service Team should you experience any discomfort in the future. Our In-Suite Dining menu is available 24 hours a day in addition to a variety of mini-bar snacks –Please let the front desk know if there is anything we can assist in getting for you. I will forward your valuable feedback to our team and hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Regina, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2014

After reading comments online about the construction we decided to call today regarding our reservation tomorrow. We requested to be away from the construction. Initially we were told that our room was on the same floor as the construction and we were offered an upgrade for $120 to the club suite on the 14th floor. That would guarantee no construction noise. When we declined the upgrade but continued with our request for a quieter room she said that she could not accommodate our request because rooms were assigned first come first served. We were then told that we might be able to get a room on the first floor but we would likely still hear the construction noise. I'm already very confused. If the construction is on the 7th floor why would I be able to hear it on the first floor but not the fourteenth floor? I wish I had not pre-purchased through Priceline so I could look into another hotel for the weekend.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write us the concerns you experienced recently with our property. Feedback is very important to us as we consistently review our practices to ensure we offer our guests the service and products they deserve.We apologize for the noise the revitalization has caused and we thank our loyal guests for understanding the inconvenience as we make our property an even more inviting and comfortable space. The construction schedule during your stay may have lead noise to be in proximity to the 7th and 1st floors. I apologize we were not able to make amends and look forward to having to opportunity to welcome you back at which time our property will be better than ever.

The Hague, The Netherlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2014

Floors 7, 8 and 9 of suites are being renovated into modern greyish brown hues, some pictures proudly on display in the lobby. The noise was not a big deal, I was more bothered by some small children roaming the corridors. They have a really nice pool too, great place to relax in the hot tub after a long work day. And a slide for the aforementioned kids. The hotel is superbly located down town near the Eau Claire market and the park alongside the Bow river. Great dining at the very nearby River Cafe on Prince Island in the Bow river.

Unlike other SPG hotels this hotel regrettably does not offer the Green Choice for those who are environmentally conscious (or want to save more SPG points :-))

Room Tip: Club room would be great but is unaffordable. Gold SPG members are not upgraded, apparantly.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Hermes_NL
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your most recent stay at the Sheraton Suites Eau Claire. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and are thrilled you experienced a comfortable stay in Eau Claire Market, a truly spectacular area in downtown Calgary. I will be sure to pass on the feedback regarding the Green Choice program. We look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Edmonton, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2014

I was looking forward to a weekend away to get some work done and do some shopping. I booked this hotel because it has suites in the name. I assumed that meant some kind of kitchen - maybe not a stove but for sure some home amenities.

The suite part only meant that there was a separate sleeping section with a living room that had a small dining room table. The room had two beds so in theory four people could have stayed there but that would have been super crowded. The rooms aren't that big. Oh and there was only 1 housecoat - small detail but those details are important.

The fridge was actually a mini bar so I couldn't keep any food in it. There was a sink and a few glasses but no cutlery, no dish soap and no towel to even wipe down the counter.

When I arrived the hotel late Friday night told me they were renovating and if I had trouble with noise to come see them the next day. By 10:00 AM the noise in the room directly above me was more than annoying, I couldn't even carry on a phone conversation. When I asked for a new room, the desk staff tried but there wasn't an alternative. I went out to a coffee shop and worked for the day. Had the hotel website mentioned major renovations, I would never have booked it.

The location of this hotel is wonderful. Along the river, walking distance to great restaurants and shopping. There are lots of other hotels in downtown Calgary. I'll choose one of those next time.

Room Tip: Find out when the renos are over. Stay several floors away.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank CanadianSoloGirl
Thank you for taking the time to provide some detailed feedback from your most recent stay at the Sheraton Suites Eau Claire. We appreciate your thoughts regarding the in-suite amenities. We consistently review guest feedback so that we can implement the best practices for our guests. We sincerely apologize you were inconvenienced by our revitalization and regret to hear you had to work outside of your suite. If you would further like to discuss your concerns I encourage you to reach out to me personally at imarceau@sheratonsuites.com or 403-517-6623.