“Walking distance to downtown”

Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire
Ranked #11 of 109 Hotels in Calgary
New Brunswick, Canada
“Walking distance to downtown”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

We had no trouble finding this hotel with the help of our GPS even with all the reconstruction downtown.
It's close to a mall that has shopping, restaurants and a movie theatre. Also it's very close to Chinatown.
They have a very fun water slide and pool, which the kids enjoyed.
There is a charge for parking and wifi...or you can self park across the street.
Also there's a stocked bar in the room and a snack basket for purchase, something I haven't seen in a while.
And this has to be the first time that a maid has come to the room to introduce herself...it's funny how the simplest things mean so much. We found all the staff very friendly..

Room Tip: If traffic noise bothers you ask for a room on the quieter side...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Ian M, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire, responded to this review, 5 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your most recent stay at the Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire. We are so glad you and your family had a comfortable stay with us and were able to experience the level of service we pride ourselves on. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Ian Marceau, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (189)
  • Korean first
St. Petersburg, Florida
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I love this hotel. I have stayed here about 100 nights in the past year off and on. I just stayed again in early June, and it remains outstanding.

Why? Because the people are pleasant, and are guest service focused. Check in is polite, and quick. The club attendants are always smiling. The door man is quick to grab your bag, and get you a cab.

The rooms are suites, and are starting to show their age. The top few club levels have been renovated, but the room I was giving in early June was frayed. The carpet was quite stained, and the furniture as well.

But I can over look this because the service and experience is outstanding.

Room Tip: Try to get a newly renovated club level room.
1 Thank Traveling_Cub
Thank you for the lovely review. We are thrilled you enjoyed the outstanding service we pride ourselves on. We have renovated our Sheraton Club Levels and recently finished our Deluxe floors, 7 through 12. With plans to renovate all suites in 2015, we look forward to sharing our finished product with you. Thank you for the recommendation.

Sanda-shi, Hyogo, Japan
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I have stayed for 4 nights and they forgot to give me a wakeup call!
For that reason I was going to lose $2,000. Even though I reported the incident to the front desk, there was no appologies from the manager!
Do they know what is the service?

1 Thank Yoshihiro M
I am sorry to learn of your recent experience. I would like to discuss this with your further and encourage you to reach out to my office. You can contact me by phone or email: imarceau@sheratonsuites.com or 403-517-6623.

Toronto ON
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Staff is friendly and courteous. Rooms were clean, are a good size but appear a bit dated. The location cannot be beat as it is opposite the Eau Claire Market and beside the walkways and park of the Bow Valley River.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank P-G-TorontoON
Thank you for the lovely review. I am thrilled to hear you enjoyed our location in Eau Claire Market & Prince’s Island Park. We look forward to having the opportunity in welcoming you back in the future.

Mexico City, Mexico
Reviewed 17 June 2014

The last time I was in this hotel was 15 years ago. Used to be one of the best in those times, but now I see they are not updated. Tremendously high parking, $40 a day. Fee for internet $12 a day for a basic connection (although worked very good). No AC accesible outlets. No safe boxes in the room, only for Platinum customers.... Come on, this is so basic.
Personnel very courteous though. Good and plent ammenities and great bath robe.
Breakfast not good at all.

Room Tip: Try the birth rate. First night normal rate, second and third depending on the year you were born...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for the feedback. We appreciate your thoughts and consistently review guest feedback so that we can implement the best practices for our guests. We apologize we were not able to make your stay with us more comfortable. If you would like to further discuss your concerns I encourage you to reach out to me personally at imarceau@sheratonsuites.com or 403-517-6623.

Bassano, Canada
Reviewed 15 June 2014

This is my hotel of choice when staying in Calgary. The rooms are clean Comfortable and a good size. I have always had a room with the view of Au claire market and haven't found it to noisy. This last time there was noise from the adjacent bar but the fault of the hotel. I like the secure parking worth the extra cost and the location especially for races . My only complaint would be the coffee there needs to be more of it and not in paper cups. I usually bring my tassimo for convenience. The pool gym and hot tub are great . I would recommend a stay in this hotel

Room Tip: higher floors if possible
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for the review. We are thrilled to be your “hotel of choice in Calgary”. It is great to hear you experienced another great stay with us. In the future, our Guest Service Team would be happy to provide any additional amenities you may need. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 28 May 2014

The staff and service were excellent and exceeded my expectations. Everything was better than I could have imagined. The food was excellent. Our rooms were gorgeous and our dog was allowed to stay with us. The owner of the salon did our hair and we loved her. I felt spoiled and well taken care of.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sandra K
Ian M, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Thank you for the review from your most recent stay at the Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and are so glad we went far beyond what you could have imagined! I will be sure to pass on your feedback to the salon. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!