“Friendly, helpful, great downtown location Sheraton Suites Eau Claire”

Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire
Ranked #9 of 109 Hotels in Calgary
Reviewed 24 June 2014

My wife and I were concluding a month long trip to Alaska and Western Canada when we stayed here and we're glad we did. From the moment we pulled in to the drive way we felt welcomed and it only got better. We received an upgrade and had an outstanding mini suite which had recently been redone. The front end staff were very helpful as were the concierge people helping us get to and see some of Calgary's best. The train is about 5 blocks away which was very convenient as is a very wonderful upscale shopping area with great restaurants and gardens. The gym and pool were easy to get to and use and they even had a water slide for kids. If you're coming to Calgary for business or pleasure we feel this Sheraton is hard to beat.

Room Tip: We stayed in 1035 a lovely room
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Ian M, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your most recent stay. We are thrilled you enjoyed the location and outstanding service. We look forward to welcoming you back & thank you for the recommendation!

Reviewed 24 June 2014

I booked a $600/night room and due to my credit card being lost during my travels I had to put a $300 room deposit for incidentals. No big deal, however, when I went to go use the Internet, I was told I could not get access as I did not have a credit card on file. REALLY? $600 ROOM, $300 deposit and no $11 Internet. Ironically my room included free Internet, but I still needed a credit card. This is wrong on so many levels I am shocked.

Starwood...this is the year 2014 and the Internet is FREE everywhere. Even when not, MOST of us can easily get on the Internet with our smart phones. Please update your 1990's Internet policies. The Internet is NOT a perk anymore.

Also, when entering my room, all the lights and TV were on. I have seen this before and so I asked a maid and she said it was to make me feel at home. This is a giant waste of electricity and is not the sort of behaviour I would expect from a world wide company.

Finally the fancy box of macarons that were waiting in the room for me were old and very stale.

It is also worth mentioning that Starwood does not allow you to include your room rate in a review posted on their website and they screen all reviews before posting. This is such a scarcity mentality I am shocked.

Let's vote with our dollars and avoid Starwood hotels.

2  Thank MatthewLynch

I am sorry to learn of your recent experience. I would like to discuss this with your further and encourage you to reach out to my office. You can contact me by phone or email: imarceau@sheratonsuites.com or 403-517-6623.

Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

The friendliness and helpfulness of the hotel staff made this, my second stay, truly memorable.

From obtaining an office-style chair for the desk in my room, to enabling me to email some documents to the concierge for five-minute turnaround printing, no request was too difficult.

Thanks for being a welcoming home-away-from-home!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank TimGlue

Thank you so much for the lovely review! We are thrilled to be your "home away from home". We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed 18 June 2014

I stay in this hotel every time I come to Calgary on business, which is about 3-4 times/yr. The hotel is all suites which I love bc I feel like I come home to an apartment rather than a hotel. The staff is ALWAYS friendly, helpful and quick. Check-in is efficient. Twice I've received upgrades to my room. Only once was I disappointed in the location of my room (wasn't a bad room but a lower level and the lights from street were bright into the window at night) but granted that was just 1-2 days after Stampede so the hotel was full. My company rate gets me free wifi at the standard speed which is plenty of speed for facetime chats with my son back home. Twice I've got access to the club. This trip it was re-opened after remodeling. I don't notice a huge difference but it's clean and breakfast is just right and convenient hours. Twice I wish the evening happy hour went a bit later when my flight was delayed coming in and I was too tired to venture out to find dinner. I've never used the pool but it looked nice and has a slide. I've used the gym which is adequate during the winter. In the summer...why use it? The park is just a block from the hotel! It's also next door to a YMCA. Housekeeping always does an excellent job every day. They provide a humidifier in every room which I desperately need bc Cgy is so much dryer than my hometown. Housekeeping is good to refill it everyday with water for me. Free apples at the concierge desk every morning...nice touch! Starbucks coffee in your room. Even the toiletries are great.
Overall this property is excellent. My 2 complaints above aren't really complaints but notes of very slight/minimal deviations from their normally excellent service.

2  Thank PreferToNotSay

Thank you for taking the time to provide some detailed feedback from your most recent stay at the Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire. I am delighted to hear you continue to receive the outstanding service we pride ourselves on. You have pointed out some of our finest amenities and services. We look forward to welcoming you back time and time again.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

We had no trouble finding this hotel with the help of our GPS even with all the reconstruction downtown.
It's close to a mall that has shopping, restaurants and a movie theatre. Also it's very close to Chinatown.
They have a very fun water slide and pool, which the kids enjoyed.
There is a charge for parking and wifi...or you can self park across the street.
Also there's a stocked bar in the room and a snack basket for purchase, something I haven't seen in a while.
And this has to be the first time that a maid has come to the room to introduce herself...it's funny how the simplest things mean so much. We found all the staff very friendly..

Room Tip: If traffic noise bothers you ask for a room on the quieter side...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your most recent stay at the Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire. We are so glad you and your family had a comfortable stay with us and were able to experience the level of service we pride ourselves on. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

I love this hotel. I have stayed here about 100 nights in the past year off and on. I just stayed again in early June, and it remains outstanding.

Why? Because the people are pleasant, and are guest service focused. Check in is polite, and quick. The club attendants are always smiling. The door man is quick to grab your bag, and get you a cab.

The rooms are suites, and are starting to show their age. The top few club levels have been renovated, but the room I was giving in early June was frayed. The carpet was quite stained, and the furniture as well.

But I can over look this because the service and experience is outstanding.

Room Tip: Try to get a newly renovated club level room.
1  Thank Traveling_Cub

Thank you for the lovely review. We are thrilled you enjoyed the outstanding service we pride ourselves on. We have renovated our Sheraton Club Levels and recently finished our Deluxe floors, 7 through 12. With plans to renovate all suites in 2015, we look forward to sharing our finished product with you. Thank you for the recommendation.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

I have stayed for 4 nights and they forgot to give me a wakeup call!
For that reason I was going to lose $2,000. Even though I reported the incident to the front desk, there was no appologies from the manager!
Do they know what is the service?

1  Thank Yoshihiro M