“Concierge made our stay here... Great place otherwise as well.”

Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire
Ranked #9 of 110 Hotels in Calgary
Reviewed 11 July 2014

We stayed here at the beginning of Stampede and got first class service right from the get go. We stayed here 5 nights. After the first night we had an issue with the curtains not closing properly but maintenance was up quickly to fix it. Staff enquired afterward if it was fixed to our satisfaction which I thought was awesome of them - not many hotel staff care that much when someone complains.

But our Friday morning experience was above and beyond. As we were a little early to leave for the parade we decided to inquire at the concierge desk about Grandstand - Chuckwagon tickets for the Monday evening.

Patti Bohan the concierge on duty informed us that we should get our tickets as soon as possible but that they dont open until 10 am. So Patti goes above and beyond.. She takes my husbands credit card information and my cell information. She calls Stampede gets us ticket prices etc - calls my cell and we get a price range and make a decision. She calls and gets the tickets. Unfortunately there is a problem with the credit card information that we gave her. Does Patti cancel our tickets NO way... She puts it on her personal credit card so she doesnt have to call us again...How awesome is that - later we put it on our room charge. What great awesome service. Patti went above and beyond to make sure we had a great Stampede experience. And just to add to that the seats she got us although we chose the price range she got us great seats.

The only issue I would have with this hotel is that the pool set up makes NO SENSE... There are men and women change rooms but in order to access the fitness area you have to go through the pool area. But not only that there is no towel drop in the common area you have to drop your towels in the washroom.. There should be basket in the common area - this just encourages you to take them back to your room which doesnt make sense.

We went for a snack in the hotel restaurant and even the service there was tremendous and attentive but not overly so.

An overall great experience and definitely would go back again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Ian M, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Thank you for the lovely review. I am so thrilled to learn of how our colleagues went above and beyond to make your stay with us memorable. We sincerely appreciate your accolades; Patti will be delighted to learn of your experience! I will be sure to pass on the feedback you mentioned regarding the charge rooms to the respective departments. We look forward to welcoming you back time and time again.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

I repeatedly travel to Calgary on business and have stayed at both the Sheraton Cavalier in downtown (once) and the Eau Claire probably 6 -7 times. After my first trip, where the Cavalier charged me $600 per night (no, that is not a typo), I moved to the Eau Claire from then on. The only explanation I can come up with for prices in Calgary in general, is they seem to be a dart throw, on a dart board where the prices are staggering when business is booming. In any case, the Eau Claire is perfectly "fine," but not exceptional. Hallways feel dark and a bit outdated. Definitely not a fresh feeling hotel. Clean enough room interiors, but again, nothing exceptional. Sheraton has a long way to go in making their mid-level properties feel comparable to other chains like Hyatt and Hilton. Not that close to city center, probably 15 minute drive at a minimum, and definitely prepare for some traffic delays if you drive at rush hour. Good breakfast- try the veggie frittata!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your most recent stay at the Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire. I am sorry to learn that your experience was not to your expectations. In addition to our Sheraton Club, Deluxe Floors and Function Space that was completely enhanced this year, we are commencing the transformation of our Traditional Guest Suites to make your stay with us better than ever! We look forward to welcoming you back so that you may experience our enhanced property.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

I travel to Calgary a lot, at least twice per month. I tend to alternate between the major business hotels (including Le Germaine, the Hyatt, palliser, Westin, etc.) and I really feel that the Eau Claire is the best. The rooms are very roomy and comfortable, amenities are great and the hotel is generally pretty quiet. The room service menu has some healthy choices and the service is always timely. It is located a couple of blocks further away from the core, so expect to walk a bit further. That is a good thing to me because I like the exercise. One of the hotels best assets is that it is located right next to some fabulous walking trails. Walking across the bridge and through the river valley is very relaxing. There is also a great Joeys restaurant just steps away.

The only real negatives are the location (which I think is a positive) and the hotel and rooms are quite traditional compared to the more modern Westin and Le Germaine. Plus the showers do not have trays to hold soap and shampoo.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank MisterDonair

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback from your most recent stay at the Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire. It is a pleasure to hear you enjoyed your stay and were able to experience our outstanding service and amenities. We look forward to welcoming you back upon your next escape to Calgary.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

We spent 1 night at the Sheraton Suites, Calgary. The location was great and the service was great. Our room was very spacious and super clean. Our GPS didn't work very well in the area, I assume due to the tall buildings so we had to pay close attention to where we were when trying to find it. The kids really enjoyed the pool with the big/fast water slide

Room Tip: I would plan my route on a map ahead of time, don't rely on your GPS working to get you here
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for the lovely review. I am thrilled to learn you and your family had an enjoyable stay at the Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire. Our waterslide is a must see in Calgary! We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 4 July 2014

Stayed in the Sheraton for 2 nights while visiting Calgary for The Stampede. I felt the room was comfortable with separate sitting area and bedroom with a comfortable bed and large bathroom. I felt sleep quality was good since I felt our room was in a quiet area facing a side street. We were within walking distance to the parade and $10 cab ride to the Stampede. There are also several restaurants not too far away. The spaghetti factory down the street The Keg Steakhouse a block away and 2 restaurants across the road. There are also 2places to eat on property. So I would definately return.

Room Tip: If you wants quiet room get a room facing a side street.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to provide some feedback from your most recent stay at the Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire. We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay and were able to experience our convenient location in Eau Claire Market. We look forward to welcoming you back time and time again.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

We booked with Sheraton because we wanted a downtown hotel with suites that have a separate bedroom for young kids who sleep early. Overall it's a decent hotel but - despite really wanting to like it - lots of little things made it disappointing and very unlikely we'd return.

First-off, despite the fact we have a very young child (age given at time of booking), they placed us in a 3rd floor suite right by the pool where we could very clearly hear splashing and screaming from other families while we were trying to put our toddler to bed. The room was also one of the unrenovated ones - seemed like 70s decor - which I really wouldn't expect when you pay $300+ per night. We got switched with no fuss, thankfully, to a more modern suite on a higher level.

Second, a major pull of the hotel was the "heated" pool. However, although they allow kids in up to 10pm at night, they aren't allowed in until 11am - this is not stated on the website and is a pretty rubbish set-up for families with younger kids who wake early. The website also states the pool is heated - it was FREEZING when we tried it.

Lastly, as previous people have commented, it seems absurd that for the prices charged per night that internet (and even local calls) are charged extra. Really? Is this 1998?

We've stayed at a few different hotel chains as a family (e.g. Fairmont, and most recently Park Plaza in the UK), and i'd definitely return to one of those instead.

Room Tip: Choose a higher floor (7 or higher) to avoid noise from streets and the pool.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Sarah C

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review of your most recent stay at the Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire. I am sorry to learn your experience with us did not meet your expectations. Please advise upon your next reservation so that we provide accommodations that would make you and your family more comfortable. We appreciate your thoughts and consistently review guest feedback so that we can implement the best practices for our guests.

Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

Went into adjoining bar part of Sheraton Fionn mccools from outter beer garden entrance. The waitress told us the bar door was closed for a reason. Very rude to visit a place and be turned away 6 Irish visitors and my elderly dad who has poor mobility and has a walking aid needed a seat to rest and with the hot weather we needed a drink water. On exiting area a girl at the door commented "did u enjoy your visit" and laughed. Very rude I must say. Gave us a bad taste of Calgary on our family holiday.

Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank Peecodown

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your most recent stay. I am sorry to learn of your recent experience. I can assure you this is not a reflection of the service standards we pride ourselves on. I have shared your comments with my team and will review with them our procedures and service standards. We hope we came make amends the future.