“Very comfortable stay and great wireless connection in room\”

Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Calgary-Airport, AB
Ranked #18 of 110 Hotels in Calgary
Reviewed 20 April 2009

Stayed here for the weekend on a business/leisure trip. Brought my laptop and connected to the hotel's wireless system without problem. Hotel was in a great location near the airport. Wake up calls came on time and staff was friendly. Did not use the pool but the hot tub/whirlpool was very warm. Towels were plentiful in the pool area.

Breakfast offered each morning was very good with waffle makers available (my favorite!)

Stayed in a one room suite with comfortable beds. Bathroom was small but adequate and always had hot water when needed. Housekeeping was adequate and room was cleaned each day without fail.

All in all, nothing outstanding good or bad - well worth the money we paid.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled on business

Reviewed 26 December 2008

Stayed over the Christmas holiday and we enjoyed our stay. Very clean and the breakfast had a nice variety of choices.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DELH
Reviewed 30 October 2008

We usually stay at one of the downtown hotels when we are in Calgary. But I got fed up with the high cost of parking and decided to look for a place where I didn't have to pay for it. I'm very glad that I stayed here. Not only was the parking free, but it turned out to be the best stay I've had in Calgary.

The hotel has easy access to the rest of the city. It might be closer to the airport, but it didn't take more than 15 minutes to get to downtown, malls and any attractions I wanted to see.

The staff was very friendly and seemed happy to help you with anything you needed. I had requested a quiet room and got one of the end rooms away from the highway. That was very thoughtful of them. I only heard an airplane once the entire time I was there.

The room was very large, clean and nicely furnished. It came with a sofa that had a pullout bed, refrigerator, and microwave. The room had a good connection with wireless Internet and best of all it was free. The bed was large and comfortable and they gave provided extra pillows.

The hotel has a free continental breakfast in the morning. It has a larger selection of food that I have seen in other hotels. It even had a station to make your own waffles!

If I were staying in Calgary again I would choose this hotel because of the great rooms, service, and excellent value.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled on business
3  Thank Chemicalguy123
Reviewed 2 October 2008

Quite near the airport for convenience (several in same area) with fast food and full serve restaurants close by. The room was large (sitting area but not a suite) and clean with soaps,shampoos etc provided. Good free WiFi and good selection on the TV. Continental breakfast first rate and the hotel was, from what I observed, child friendly. The staff were very cheerful and helpful and made the stay very pleasant with their help. Room maids very good as well. Enjoyable stay....

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Lanceoak
Reviewed 8 August 2008

I looked at all the different hotels available in Calgary, and was really leaning toward this one. When a great deal came up on Hotwire, I was really happy to end up with this hotel. It met all my expectations.

The hotel is very easy to find coming into the city from any direction, not just the airport. The location is also good for getting out to sight see. We found shopping and restaurants abound in this area. One nice touch is that the front desk will give you a map of all the places to eat/shop in close proximity to the hotel.

We were always able to find parking, the front desk greeted us every time we came in, the room was clean and large, and the staff at the continental breakfast were pleasant.

The breakfast itself was abundant, and always kept up. They had apples, bananas and oranges for those who like fruit with breakfast, as well as yogurt, cereals, bagels, and make your own waffles. It was plenty to get us going for the day.

I will gladly stay there next time I'm in Calgary, even if it meant paying full price. It was well worth it.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Princess_Lu
Reviewed 28 July 2008

My friend and I met up in Calgary and stayed at this hotel with our 4 children in one of their suites! It was very nice. Front desk staff were very helpful and pleasant. There was a fridge and microwave in the room which were very useful to us. The pool was very clean and enjoyable also. The hot tub was SUPER hot... which I like.

The housekeeping staff were excellent: very friendly and did an excellent job cleaning our room.

The fold out bed was not very comfortable but two of the kids volunteered to take it so that was fine.

Also, the elevator door would not stay open when we were trying to get our bags out at the lobby... which was a bit crazy... Our bag was lodged in the door and a member of their staff had to use all of her strength to pry it back open and hold it for me... which was very nice to have their help!

I do enjoy the country inn and find their facilities consistantly well taken care of and staffed by friendly people. This was no exception. The Calgary location was actually far better than I had even hoped.

Thanks for the excellent service.

• Stayed: July 2008
2  Thank synthetic_moonlight
Reviewed 22 July 2008

We stayed here for one night because the more affordable Days Inn was full on that date. The room at the Country Inn was $200 compared to $130 at the Days Inn, but on the other hand, I had a one bedroom suite at the Country Inn. The suite was very nice. Pleasantly decorated and plenty of room to spread out. There were freshly baked cookies at the front desk and a reasonably good continental breakfast in the morning. Unfortunately, I had asked for a quiet room and although I had a room away from the street noise, it is impossible to avoid the airplane noise since the hotel is pretty close to the airport.

Stayed: July 2008