Booked the hotel on line and did not read the fine print. Wow look out. You can not cancel.
The rate is $140.00 for Friday and Saturday and then Sunday they charge you $171.00. When I asked why the rate hike they said all hotels do this. Not true. The Sandman is only two blocks away and they charge on $99.00 a night. Even though I gave over a month to cancel because I booked on line with a special rate I could not cancel. BEWARE!!!
I guess it is live and learn. Never had a problem like this booking on line before but have learned a lesson to read the find print very carefully.
I assume they will take this complaint off but I decided to write it as it is the only way I can complain. It is Mar. 1, 2010 and my reservation is for April 2, 3 & 4 . That seems like more than enough notice. I'm told that hotel that practice this no cancellation policy are desperate for money and will to risk their reputation feeling there is nothing I can do about it. BUT they are wrong I can complain.
Will phone tomorrow to manager and see if they will do anything but I was told they will not let me cancel.
What do you think of this policy??? Rip off comes to mind.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Calgary Downtown. We are a newly renovated hotel (complete in Spring 2016). We offer complimentary hot buffet breakfast, parking and WiFi. We offer a variety of rooms including King, King Executive, King Jacuzzi, Two Queen, One Queen Accessible and our large Penthouse located on the 10th floor. We also offer a 24 hour business centre and fitness centre. Our staff work hard to make sure that you are always taken care of and that you feel you are home away from home. We are located just west of the downtown core, close to Stephen Avenue Mall, the CORE shopping complex, trendy 17th avenue district and only one block away from Calgary's Light Rail Transit system (where travelling downtown is complimentary). We are also located very close to many corporate offices as well as many leisure activities. Families love our hotel for the clean, modern atmosphere as well as being so close to many family friendly activities. Don't forget our free hot buffet breakfast! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Calgary reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Calgary Hotel Calgary
- Holiday Inn Calgary
- Calgary Holiday Inn Express