Free cancellation until 26/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$138
US$133
Savings alert! 31% below average rates

The price you found is 31% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$194/night.

US$114
Delta Hotels
Hotel Arts(Calgary)
US$106
US$101
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$130/night.

US$301
US$173
Hotel Elan(Calgary)
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$131
  • Breakfast included
Best Western Plus Port O'Call Hotel(Calgary)(Great Value!)
US$148
Book now, pay at stay
US$196
US$187
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsc traindowntown areawestern edgesmall elevatorholt renfrewparking lot across the streetfree zonefree breakfastpancake machinetram stationback alleyfridge and microwavelarge bedplastic cutleryeggs and sausagequeen sizeamenities including
Reviewed 7 November 2010

We traveled to Calgary to attend a wedding reception and after looking at many hotels, we decided to stay at this one for the weekend discount and becuase of the close proximity to the reception location. Needless to say we were pretty disappointed.

We arrived late at night to discover that the hotel was located directly beside a bar, which on weekends turns into a nightclub. From the parking lot all you could here was the loud bass from the club and there were an array of drunk club goers wandering outside near the main entrance of the hotel. Luckily, our room was on the 8th floor of the hotel, so we were far enough away that we couldn't hear the music all night long, but because there was little to no sound proofing from the sliding patio door we were disturbed on a regular basis by the yelling of club goers and a garbage truck emptying a dumpster in the early morning.

The patio, although I'm sure it provided a nice view of the city, was filthy dirty and covered in poop from the pigeons living in it.

Overall the room wasn't bad, it didn't seem really clean though. We booked a room with a King bed, which was supplied with pillows for a Queen bed. I asked the clerk at check out if this was typical and she said that they only had the one size of pillows, which I thought was a bit strange.

The continental breakfast was good, it was nice to have a 'hot food' option for breakfast. We also thought the underground parking was nice to have. I'm glad the hotel wasn't really busy that weekend though, becuase there are not many spots underground and I would not have been excited to have my car parked out on the street with all the people coming out of the club.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank katn00n
Reviewed 6 November 2010

I spent two nights at the Holiday Inn Express in Calgary for a business meeting. The price seemed a bit high for a Holiday Inn Express, but at least there was no additional charge for parking or WiFi, and a simple buffet breakfast, typical of this type of hotel, was also included.

The elevator was quite small, but otherwise the hotel was ordinary.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 August 2010

Stayed here when visiting downtown Calgary on business.

Its more on the outskirts of the downtown area but still only a few blocks walk to the centre which is okay - safe area, lots of people around when walking in the evening.

The hotel itself looks fairly basic, but the rooms are well equiped with fridge, microwave, big TV, balcony, large comfortable bed and shower.

The free breakfast in the AM was basic, but you don't need to many frills (i don't anyway), when i have business lunches all week, and just need something to kick start your day.

Free WiFi was reliable, i did not use the gym or any other facilities.

If you are used to staying in Marriots and Hyatts i would say that you probably wont like the Holiday Inn. But if you are looking for the basics then this works fine.

Jerry or Gary (lost his name in translation!) was an attentative front desk manager, so top marks there.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank ukv
Reviewed 4 July 2010

My family took a trip to Calgary and we decided to stay at this hotel due primarily to location. We stayed four nights, Wednesday to Sunday. The hotel staff were friendly and helpful in regards to finding local restaurants and things to see in the city. The rooms were spacious and clean.

We had quiet night of sleep on Wednesday and Thursday night and were having a great trip ... then Friday night arrived. At 10 pm we were awoke by massive amount of rumbling bass which continued until 2:30 am. The music was so intense that we assumed it was a neighbouring room having a party. I spoke with the front desk who admitted that there was a bar (Nelsons) attached to the hotel which was the source of the noise.

My family ended up trying to watch TV, having to wait out the noise which lasted until 2:30 am when the bar shut down. After a terrible night I spoke with the front desk about cancelling the remainder of our stay and moving to another hotel. I was assured that this was a one time thing and that we would not be bothered again during our stay by noise from the bar. The exact same thing happened on Saturday night ... incredibly loud bass music until 2:30 am. This wasn't something you could sleep through. The pounding thump made you feel like you were trying to sleep in a club. The lack of sleep made my children tired and cranky and put a huge kink in our trip.

This is a nice hotel to stay at during the week, but I would strongly avoid ever staying here on a weekend due to the noise from the attached bar's live entertainment!!!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank unknown_id
Reviewed 1 March 2010

Booked the hotel on line and did not read the fine print. Wow look out. You can not cancel.
The rate is $140.00 for Friday and Saturday and then Sunday they charge you $171.00. When I asked why the rate hike they said all hotels do this. Not true. The Sandman is only two blocks away and they charge on $99.00 a night. Even though I gave over a month to cancel because I booked on line with a special rate I could not cancel. BEWARE!!!
I guess it is live and learn. Never had a problem like this booking on line before but have learned a lesson to read the find print very carefully.

I assume they will take this complaint off but I decided to write it as it is the only way I can complain. It is Mar. 1, 2010 and my reservation is for April 2, 3 & 4 . That seems like more than enough notice. I'm told that hotel that practice this no cancellation policy are desperate for money and will to risk their reputation feeling there is nothing I can do about it. BUT they are wrong I can complain.

Will phone tomorrow to manager and see if they will do anything but I was told they will not let me cancel.

What do you think of this policy??? Rip off comes to mind.

Stayed: March 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank KootenayGalTrail_BC
HIEX, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Calgary, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2010

Thank you for taking the time to voice your concerns. As you know, the rate you booked was a prepaid discounted rate. The website does state the restrictions quite clearly, and it is most unfortunate that you missed the notifications.

Had I received a phone call from you, I am confident I could have relaxed the restrictions to your satisfaction.

Thank you again for voicing your concerns,