Calgary Westways Guest House
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$177
US$108
US$104
Hotel Arts
  • Pool
Best Western Plus Port O'Call Hotel(Calgary)(Great Value!)
US$126
Hotel Elan
US$183
US$155
  • Pool
Best Western Plus Suites Downtown(Calgary)(Great Value!)
US$113
US$101
US$82
US$160
US$108
All reviewsb belbow riverbreakfast tablegreat hostsfine chinaolder homestampede groundsmission districtprivate bathroomshort walk to downtowneach room has its ownquiet streetgreat restaurants within walking distanceevery morningthird floorother guestsperfect place to stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 June 2012

We love this place! The breakfast is to die for and the hosts are incredibly hospitable. Not to mention the adorable greeter dogs, Mika and Bebe. The rooms are well appointed and comfortable and each room has its own private bathroom. You always meet interesting people over breakfast and make new friends from all over the world! It is also very well situated in Calgary with many of Calgary's finest restaurants within walking distance. There is also a C-Train station within a 15 minute walk to take you wherever you want to go!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sirina H
Reviewed 4 January 2012

Very late review Jonathan, sorry! This is a great little place to stay. Jonathan was nice to talk to and even spent some time telling me about the old black and white photos in the dinning room, because I thought they were so interesting to look at. The breakfast was very, very good. The two little dogs very cute. I enjoyed Calgary and this was a nice location very close to shops and good places to eat you can walk to.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Luckyscout
Reviewed 1 November 2011

Undoubtedly great location for access to the Saddledome, as well as 4th Street for some bars and restaurants. Our room was very small, and there was something about the place that just made me feel very awkward, definitely could not relax there. I prefer the anonymity of a hotel.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Team_Poppy
Reviewed 25 October 2011

We've stayed at Westways several times over the years, and always found it very comfortable. The rooms are fully kitted out with satellite TV, DVD players, IPad players & phones. There's off-street parking, and a small kitchen is available to guests - all the comforts of home!The location is excellent - close to a major N/S road, 2 blocks from a lively area with excellent restaurants, 1 block from the Elbow River Walk. Jonathan and Graham are good hosts, serving a tasty breakfast and keeping the place well. I got to take the dogs for a walk, so I missed mine less.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Cbay
Reviewed 24 October 2011

My partner and I booked a night here for our anniversary, and were really looking forward to it after a fantastic experience staying at the Eagles Nest B&B near Kelowna. Upon check in, we were immediately uncomfortable. Jonathan did not seem welcoming or happy to see us, and it seemed like a chore for him to show us to our room, and he disappeared immediately after.

Upon seeing the room, we were very disappointed. The sheets were very poor quality, and the bedspread did not match the pillow cases. There was dust everywhere, and the room just gave us the creeps. Nothing matched and it just seemed thrown together and poorly kept.

We tried to find Jonathan to tell him we would not be staying, but he was nowhere to be found, so we simply left, and got ahold of him on the phone later.

The room was supposed to cost $160 per night, and you could not have paid me to stay there. We were very disappointed and spent our anniversary night at home.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank nokaoibeachgirl
CharlesCalgary, Owner at Calgary Westways Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2011

My response to this review is much later then it should have been as the Trip Adviser automatic notification of reviews for my property has not been available.

I do remember that these guests decided not to stay at our property and I was contacted over the phone informing me of their decision not to stay as they were not happy with the room. They didn't at the time specified details and as it was late, I said I was sorry that they were not satisfied and I would not be charging their credit card. I did checked the room and the bedding had been disturbed so the next day we did a full service for the room. The room is my largest one, having a King size bed, gas fireplace and a jetted tub, large en-suite bathroom and balcony. The price of $160.00 per night includes a full breakfast for two guests. As to the dust I cannot make any comments as I have just read the review. Pillow cases are white and matched the white sheets and are same quality as used in the other rooms and I have not received any complaints from other guests. The pillow shams are not of the same design as the duvet cover, we are required to provide them by one of our rating agencies.

Our property is a bed and breakfast operated by myself with some part time help. Yes my days are long that is why we ask for a time of arrival like any other B&Bs operatives so we are able to co-ordinate our lives around the guests requirements. That night I believe they arrived much later in the evening than I expected and I had waited in for them. I showed them to their room detailing the amenities of the house and room like I normally do and asking if they had any questions. I then left the guests and prepared the house for the night and retired to my private quarters in the basement area to go a sleep. That is when I received their call.

I apologize if these guest perceived that I received them in not an overt welcoming manner and I have put in place policies to avert this situation from happening again.