“Best bed in Canada”

Calgary Westways Guest House
Ranked #1 of 57 Calgary B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 27 April 2008

We were made to feel so welcome right from the time we first made inquiries. The most comfortable bed in Canada plus the two friendliest hosts! After a gorgeous breakfast every morning we were full and excited to explore Calgary, with great advice from our hosts, and were so happy to know we had such a cosy and wonderful room to come home to at night. A great location, minutes walk to everywhere, and every ammenity you could want plus more!

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Reviewed 24 April 2008

I was very happy with my stay at the Westways B&B. First of all the hosts Jonathan and Graham were an absolute delight. The room was extremely comfortable - the bed was amazing! Breakfasts were always healthy and well balanced with great flavour. The service, attention to detail, advice on the area, and overall hospitality made my stay unforgettable. I will definitely recommend this establishment for anyone from the solo traveler to the family with kids.

Also pet friendly!!! a major plus!

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 20 April 2008

A comfortable bed, plenty of hot water, delicious breakfasts, good amenities, friendly and knowledgeable hosts, convenient location, Calgary Westways has what it takes to be a top-notch B & B. I'd recommend it to anyone.

Tiina, 100 Mile House, British Columbia

Stayed: April 2008
Reviewed 29 June 2006

On a business trip to Calgary I had two lovely nights at Westways and my stay was so great that Grahme and Jonathan can be assured I'll be back! The B&B was slow when I stayed so I was upgraded to the suite at no extra charge. Huge jetted tub, seperate bath with great ammenities (all hail the complimentary sewing kit!), deliciously comfortable bed with down pillows, massive sound system, gas fireplace, and charming little deck overlooking the front yard. And FREE WiFi!

Breakfasts were just fantastic and the small staff was very friendly and polite. Be sure to say hi to the two little dogs; they're charmers and definitely NOT stinky,

I can't wait to go back to Westways, next time I'll be bringing my sweetheart for a romantic getaway!

Stayed: June 2006
3  Thank autumnbottom
A TripAdvisor Member
calgary canada
Reviewed 2 January 2006

I had just landed in calgary as an immigrant, and my first week i booked in westways gust house, it was over all my expectations, Johnathan the oner and his staff were wonderfull. they helped and diricted me in my first days in canada, explained every thing i asked, and let me use there utilites cumputer and phone to search for an apartment and to find a job. they treated me like a family. also the food was very tasty, the service more than exellent.
Nuri Haib
very new immigrant
calgary, canada

3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Newcastle NSW Australia
Reviewed 14 October 2005

My 6 night stay at Westways was a wonderful experience! The hosts were very friendly and helpful with all my requests, even before I arrived. Needless to say the breakfasts are the best I've ever eaten! Rooms and amenities are spotlessley clean with beautifully comfortable beds and presentation throughout the establishment is divine.

The hosts are very knowledgable about the local area. Nothing I asked was a bother for them. They were the consumate hosts! (Next time I go to Calgary I'll definitely stay here and I'll bring my husband too!!)

A totally relaxing environment. Better than a home away from home...

• Stayed: September 2005
4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 12 October 2005

Charming older home, very convenient to restaurants, shops, etc. Very clean and quiet. Comfy bed and pillows. Lovely robes and slippers. Easy on and off street parking. Free use of high speed internet, free coffee, tea, soft drinks. Friendly hosts and great breakfast. Only drawback is lots of clutter in public rooms and ours as well. Furniture is oversized for the rooms. A shelf holding TV (scores of channels!) and stereo equipment made it difficult to pass by the bed to reach the little adjacent reading room. Nice ammenities in bathroom. Lots of hot water.

• Stayed: October 2005