Calgary Westways Guest House
The Fairmont Palliser(Calgary)
US$160
  • Restaurant
Best Western Plus Suites Downtown(Calgary)(Great Value!)
US$113
US$155
US$97
US$80
Very Good 4/5
Carriage House Inn(Calgary)(Great Value!)
US$120
US$113
Travelocity
US$83
US$168
US$119
Great 4.5/5
All reviewsb belbow riverbreakfast tablegreat hostsfine chinaolder homestampede groundsmission districtprivate bathroomshort walk to downtowneach room has its ownquiet streetgreat restaurants within walking distanceevery morningthird floorother guestsperfect place to stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 September 2008

Jonathon and Graham are first rate hosts and cook up an awesome breakfast to boot! It is a bit of a climb to the third floor with luggage if you take one of the two rooms up there, but the rooms are well appointed, roomy and quiet. Having the computer available is a plus, too. Just don't try to pet the little dog (Beebe?)...I believe he/she is a rescue that still seems to be having a bit of difficulty with having strangers in "her" house. Even though, we still like coming "home" to a place with a couple cute animals hanging out.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BrianOhio
Reviewed 26 August 2008

My partner and I were looking for something special to do to celebrate our 10th anniversary, and just around the corner from us was the perfect escape.
Both Jonathon and Graham were amazing hosts, offering us a romantic get away without having to actually 'get away'!
Our room was exquisite, complete with a jetted tub, fireplace, king size bed, and a lovely balcony.
We partook of the 5 course dinner, which was prepared to perfection by our gracious host, Jonathon, whom is also a world class chef. Each course simply melted away in our mouths, so many wonderful tastes and textures prepared with only the finest and freshest ingredients. Neither one of us had ever tasted such delicacies!!
Both my partner, Ian, and I would recommend Westways for any one wishing to have a truly unique experience!
We had a blast!!!!!!

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 July 2008

As a travel agent, who has seen the inside of a lot of hotels and B&Bs, I was very impressed with this one. From the warm welcome, to the amazing breakfast, large clean bedrooms, character and charm, to it's quiet, yet central location. I would recommend staying here over any of the downtown hotels....ANYTIME.

STAMPEDE and DOWNTOWN : It was so close to the stampede grounds (10min walk), which was perfect after a long day walking the midway or late night at the show. No need for taxis or parking. Add another 5min Train ride from the stampede and you're downtown. Perfect.

BREAKFAST: They were well presented and delicious. A different array every morning. I can't eat to much gluten, and they even managed to account for that, without me missing out on the same breakfast as everyone else. Fantastic start to the day.

PEOPLE: People really make a holiday memorable. So I can't forget to mention the friendly and outgoing hosts, Graham and Jonathan. Going out of their way to make me feel welcome and assisting me with their local knowledge of the area.

I will be back. Assuming that I can get a reservation (now the secrets out!!!)

Stayed: July 2008
Reviewed 27 April 2008

We were made to feel so welcome right from the time we first made inquiries. The most comfortable bed in Canada plus the two friendliest hosts! After a gorgeous breakfast every morning we were full and excited to explore Calgary, with great advice from our hosts, and were so happy to know we had such a cosy and wonderful room to come home to at night. A great location, minutes walk to everywhere, and every ammenity you could want plus more!

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 April 2008

I was very happy with my stay at the Westways B&B. First of all the hosts Jonathan and Graham were an absolute delight. The room was extremely comfortable - the bed was amazing! Breakfasts were always healthy and well balanced with great flavour. The service, attention to detail, advice on the area, and overall hospitality made my stay unforgettable. I will definitely recommend this establishment for anyone from the solo traveler to the family with kids.

Also pet friendly!!! a major plus!

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled on business