“Perfectly 'Meh'”

Comfort Inn & Suites Calgary Airport
Ranked #68 of 110 Hotels in Calgary
Reviewed 5 April 2012

Booked on discount site that you pay before getting the name of the hotel for 100plus taxes. For the price I am not too dissatisfied but if it I payed full I would be a little more vocal.

Check in was good, fast, customer service was average.
Our floor smelled like cheap cleaner, the room smelled fine.
Bedding was old and sheets were wll worn.
Mattress was hard. I liked it some may not.
Room was cold. Had thermostat up to 75, temp remained at 62.
Our room had very little water pressure in the shower.
Hair dryer did not work (pressed reset and test)
We used pool at the end of the day...could not find switch for hot tub jets.
Cedar Sauna was a bonus, but the door didn't close properly.
Bandaid on pool area floor.
Night staff stated breakfast was at 6, guest book stated 630. But also stated it was current to Feb 2011. We were down at 6 breakfast was at 630.
Shuttle leaves every 45 min.

Overall I won't recommend it, there are many other hotels in the area, but I would not recommend avoiding it either.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank iwonttell
comfortinnairp, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Calgary Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2012

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to fill out review . I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.
Your feedback is extremely valuable to us. Feedback such as yours assists us in improving our service and property on a daily basis. In addition, please know that your comments and issues will be addressed.It is our hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you. Again, I apologize for the inconvenience during your stay and hope to see you during your next visit.
Nadir

Reviewed 12 February 2012

This hotel was very good for what we used it for. We went on vacation and left our car for $5 a night and then stayed when we got back. The breakfast was a little better than average and had hot food. The shuttle service was very good. The rooms are a bit dated, especially bedding but was clean. The hotel has a pool and waterslide which we did not use, so cannot comment. The only issue I had was when we were checking out. It was very cold due to the wind. Some people were moving some cabinets out of the lobby and parked their truck and trailer right in front of the doors so it was hard to get the luggage cart out and my wife had to carry the baby in the cold to the car. The front desk person did not even ask them to move for other people. Because of this, I probably will not stay here again.

Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank John0251
comfortinnairp, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Calgary Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2012

The staff and I are pleased that we met your expectations with the room and parking during your stay with us. And I hope you had a wonderful holiday. My apologies for the blockage of the door while they were unloading tv's and furniture for the rooms. We are in the process of refreshing our rooms. I agree that we could have done better for your wife and son. We strive to meet or exceed every guest's expectations so give us the chance to make your next stay in Calgary the best it can be.

Reviewed 10 February 2012

i Stayed here for one night on business. Booked a King and got 2 queens as apparently no King rooms were available. Front desk staff was alright, nothing special though. Not a huge deal but a little annoying. Bed was fine, room was average as far as size. Bathroom was quite small. I didn't use the pool nor did I eat breakfast there. Room was clean and it was sufficient for a one night stay. I prefer the Hampton Inn but it wasn't the worst Hotel I've stayed at. If you can get a good deal it's not bad.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank EdmontontoVegas

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of your stay with us. My apologies that we were not able to meet your expectations for a king bed during your stay. The staff and management’s goal is to meet or exceed every guest’s expectations. So I hope you give us the chance to make your next stay in Calgary the best it can be.

Reviewed 29 December 2011

Avoid, avoid and avoid. It's dirty, old, not in a good area, breakfast is just awful (3 tables stuck at the side of reception) and the staff have lost the will to live!!! You can't blame them as it is that bad they even say this themselves.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Rillabub

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay with us. We appreciate all feed back so that we may improve our guests experience. Our hot breakfast is served in a room on the main floor with tables and chairs for the guests comfort. Our hot items are displayed on permanent counter tops with cupboards. We have also upgraded our tv's to 32 inch flat screen, some furniture with more plans for future renovations. Our staff and management's goals are to meet or exceed every guest's expectations.

Reviewed 27 October 2011

The Good: The bed was comfortable and there were nice feather pillows. The room was quiet, I felt safe and I slept well. The staff was friendly though not very professional (I asked to break a $20 bill. The receptionist asked how I wanted it. I asked for three 5's and five singles. He gave me one 10, one 5, one 2, and three singles......with a smile.)

The Bad: There were no bath towels in my room, just hand towels. The closet door was broken off its rollers. The breakfast was very mediocre. This place is not cheap and has lots of competition nearby.

The Ugly: The room was DIRTY. The bath counter and the night stand both had something sticky on them. The carpet, bedspread and curtains were also in need of cleaning.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank Howtle
Reviewed 11 October 2011

We booked a room in this hotel for Our short stop in calgary. When I called from the airport for the shuttle service, the front desk guy told me the shuttle is on the way. My wife and I waited over an hour and nobody showed up ! I called the hotel back and the front desk person said they dont know where the shuttle guy is. He finally arrived at the airport, picked us up and drove like mad crazy drivers. I told him to drive carefully and to slow down a bit but looks like nothing went into his head. Arriving in the hotel Extremely tired and exhausted, there was nobody at the front desk to check us in so we had to wait almost 20 minutes standing there. Suddently a short Guy shows up asking me if am checking in ??? I had to wait another 10 minutes since he was busy taking phone calls and making reservation !!!!! Moreover, my room key wouldn't work so he had to come upstairs and open the room for us!!! I mean what kind of disaster hotel is that !!!!!!!!!!! Front desk guy was suppose to be sorry about all this but he was showing me attitudes. He said that's the way our hotel is and if i dont like it i can leave. I called him to have an extra pillow, he said he's time is up and he will tell the next front desk person on duty to bring the pillow. So the hotel is definately short of staff !

I would never recommend this hotel to anybody especially not when your are travelling with a family. Please avoid at any cost.

Thanks !

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank Andy B
Reviewed 19 September 2011

I always stayed in the comfort inn & suite calgary airport, The front desk, Houskeeping and Shuttle service excellent. I really love the Comfort Sunshin Breakfast. I have been staying few times.The front desk staff who work in the morning and evening they're very helpful and excellent service. Thank you Comfort Inn & Suite for your excellent service.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business