“Clean but front desk to change attitude”

Comfort Inn & Suites Calgary Airport
Ranked #68 of 110 Hotels in Calgary
Reviewed 8 July 2013

Our way back to South Africa, some of us stayed at Comfort Inn. When you go in at the front desk which was not busy but the attitude was not nice and not friendly. Just book, give your details and shuffle yourself to room. The rooms were clean and nice and elevators need little clean up. Breakfast was so, so but had to rush to catch the flight.

Room Tip: Was ok and depends who is in the front.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Simon H

Reviewed 27 June 2013

We stayed here one night. I was impressed with the service and cleanliness of this hotel. It was close to the airport so we took their complimentary shuttle in the morning which was very handy. They also have a complimentary continental breakfast in the morning. My Hubby stays at this hotel all the time when he has to travel to Calgary. He's always been very happy with his stays here.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Santorini Dreamin'
Reviewed 22 June 2013

We were in Calgary on Friday night June 21/13 we had to spend the night so booked into comfort inn for the evening! Got our room non smoking smelled really bad of smoke got moved to different room it was ok! In morning went to flush toilet it was plugged ! The worsted of all was the price of the room for one night king room was 256.49 corporate rate pls taxes = 281.67 when we got home check Internet for price on hotel it was 169.00 a night not 256.59 shame on you for taking advantage of the Calgary people needing rooms!

3  Thank Tammysmith826
ComfortAirport, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Calgary Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2013

Dear Tammysmith826,

Please accept our apologies for the inconveniences incurred during your stay with our hotel. I have discussed those concerns with both our Housekeeping and Maintenance departments to ensure that occurrences like your do not happen again. We take pride in providing excellent service to all our guests.

As we have several different room types (Standard Rooms, Executive Rooms, Suites and King Suites etc.) there are rate variances within those Room Types. Depending on what rooms types where available on Friday night would have determine what rates were available.

We hope that you will give our Hotel another opportunity to extend our usual Hospitality.

Regards,

Nadir Dosani
Manager.

Reviewed 7 June 2013

Most pleasing was proactive help by two different desk persons. Friendly and helpful, professional and proficient. Nice room/furniture and very comfortable bed. Bedroom separated with day area and TV's in both. Quiet, good climate control, clean and in good repair. Better than average breakfast. I travel alot and one of my finest experiences. I generally do not take the time to do reviews but these people deserve a good word.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Bob B
Reviewed 7 June 2013

I recently spent a little more than 24 hours at this hotel. The staff was very friendly, helpful and courteous. The rooms were clean, well made and everything functioned as it should. I didn't have transportation but this hotel is located where a very short walk takes you to a nice bar, an expensive steak house, fast food or moderately priced restaurants. The breakfast at the hotel was offered from 6:30 to 9:30 with ample seating and the food was very good with many options for your choice of breakfast. The shuttle service to the airport was on time and not crowded. I'll stay here again the next time that I overnight in Calgary.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank GeraldG503
Reviewed 4 June 2013

Booked a king Suite on the fourth floor for a one night getaway. Room was a decent size. The washroom was quite small. Surprisingly, there is no closet in the suite to hang up suits/dresses, and no in-room iron and ironing board. The ice bucket had the plastic liner from the previous guest still in it with melted ice. I also had to clean out the coffee maker from the previous guest. I mentioned this to front desk and was told housekeeping would be notified but I didn't hear anything more about it. This situation alsoprompted me to check the bed for cleanliness. The sheets looked and smelled clean. The bed and bedding was very comfy.

The elevator had occasional issues with beeping loudly and not opening on the floor you selected. (ie. We got off on the 2nd floor and took the stairs down to the lobby floor). Apparently parts are on order.

As for the pool, hot tub and steam room. The pool is a decent size and the water was wonderfully warmer than I expected. The hot tub was at the perfect temperature, however, the jets are weak. We weren't really sure if they turned on when we first set the timer but they were, the pressure is just barely existent. The steam room was great.

A complimentary hot breakfast is served but we didn't attend so I cannot comment on the food or selection.

1  Thank tdmatte
Reviewed 2 June 2013

I chose this hotel because I knew we would be arriving late into Calgary, and just wanted somewhere with free shuttle to/from the airport & that included a self serve breakfast. It was the easiest way I have ever found to contact/locate the shuttle service at an airport. Outside the doors at ground level there is a phone located inside a yellow box, and inside is the 3 digit number you dial that goes directly to the hotel you're staying at. They were there within 5-10 minutes. Check in went quickly and we were gratefully asleep in a very comfortable queen bed. The next morning went downstairs to the self service breakfast that had enough choices I'm sure to please most. The front desk employee, whose name was Kois, was so friendly and helpful with check out and ensuring that we were on the 10 a.m. shuttle back to the airport. The shuttle driver (can't remember his name, but originally from Hong Kong and an extremely pleasant, hard working man) got our luggage loaded and on our way quickly. We were in the airport well in time to catch our shuttle bus (Brewster Bus Lines) to Jasper. If you want a comfortable, clean, convenient, helpful place to stay, especially, if like us, that had a busy travel schedule, this is your place.

Room Tip: For me, it was about the size/comfort of the bed, which we were not disappointed in.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple