“Decent cheap stay”

Comfort Inn & Suites Calgary Airport
Ranked #68 of 110 Hotels in Calgary
Reviewed 13 August 2014

My sister and I stayed here for 1 night, chose this hotel due to it's location & decent online reviews. Arrived Thursday August 7, the front desk clerk that was working was very friendly and welcoming.
We had a room on the "first" floor which actually ended up to be in the basement. We had a small above ground window which was open when we entered room (which doesn't seem that safe). The room was average, it was clean and decent for the price. If I stay here again I would definately request a room on a different floor as we could hear people walking around in the parking lot and didn't feel overally safe being on the ground/basement floor.
Breakfast was good, 2 kinds of waffles (which we didn't end up trying due to the long wait), cereal, toast, hard boiled eggs, yougurt, fruit etc. There were also 2 warm options of some eggs & sausages which we didn't try as they looked greasy and unappatizing.
Hotel is in decent area with lot's of restaurant choices nearby.
There is a pool with waterslide, we didn't check this out but the kids at the hotel seemed to be enjoying it. We did notice a lot of kids running around the hotel/at breakfast which i'm sure is due to this feature.

Room Tip: Bottom floor is actually basement level.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank AshleyDawn84
ComfortAirport, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Calgary Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Dear Guest,
Thanks for staying with us at our hotel. I am happy to hear that your stay was comfortable and enjoyable and our staff was helpful. I’ll will share your comments with them.
We will see you again soon!

Reviewed 11 August 2014

My family (Wife and 2 kids) and our friends and their families started off our trip to Calgary with a very unpleasant stay at another neighboring hotel (Travelodge Calgary Airport). The Comfort Inn staff were very accommodating to our predicament and allowed all of us to check in earlier and get out of the other hotel immediately. The breakfast provided enough selection for all of the family to get enough energy for the start of our day. All of the staff were friendly in their interactions with customers. The pool, slide, hot tub and steam room were enjoyed by all members of our party. I would recommend this hotel and will stay again in the future. This hotel helped what started as a nightmare of a trip to a wonderful family experience. I would recommend this hotel and will stay again in the future.

Room Tip: I prefer rooms that do not look onto the pool.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Clarence1971

Dear Guest,
Thank you for sending us your kind feedback. The staff loves to hear the feedback, especially when an individual is noted for the exceptional service.
We appreciate your stay and look forward to seeing you again soon and delivering continued service excellence.

Reviewed 8 August 2014

I chose to stay at this hotel because of the breakfast & shuttle to airport. Front desk staff was very helpful. Unfortunately there was only one front desk staff and too many customers at once -- they definitely needed an extra person in the morning with people checking out, trying to get shuttles, etc. The pool was nice with a fun waterslide for kids or adults. The room was clean, comfortable & quiet -- was rather surprised there was no refrigerator or microwave (as those seem standard these days at all other Comfort Inns in the US that I stayed in). Breakfast was very good, lots to choose from.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
ComfortAirport, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Calgary Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your kind feedback. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and will let the staff know that they helped you have a great stay with us.
We appreciate your stay and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 5 August 2014

This was a very, very nice lodging near the airport with free shuttle service to and from the hotel. It was fresh and modern and the breakfast area was a cut above the usual Comfort Inn. The young man at the front desk was so accommodating and helped me print out our boarding passes for the next morning as I am technologically challenged. We only stayed one night but I would have liked to stay here longer. An added bonus is Earls Restaurant a walking block away from the hotel.

Room Tip: We prefer the suites with a kingsize bed which are always spacious. This one had all the amenities.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Mary P

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to send us with such positive feedback! I have shared your comments with my staff, and they join me in thanking you for your kind words. We take pride in our hotel and the services we provide and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

Stayed here twice in June 2014 and was generally pleased with the hotel but when submitting my expenses I noticed an extra charge of $2.00 had been added to my second stay for use of the in-room safe. I did not use the safe, was not asked if I used it and wasn't given the option to opt out of the charge, I feel that although the amount is small, the manner in way this charge is added without asking is petty and is nothing more than a hidden charge to boost their revenue. I will not stay here again because of this.

Room Tip: Check you bill carefully before leaving.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank wpg_couple
ComfortAirport, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Calgary Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for sending us your feedback.
We apologize for the safe charges that was on your bill. Safe in the rooms are for the safety of all the guests. There is also a sign at the front desk. It is mentioned on the website as well. It is not hidden or added with the room charges, but is shown separately on the bill.
We thank you for your stay and hope to see you in future!!

Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here because of the free shuttle bus to airport. Rooms were clean and place was quiet. On our return trip the flight was delayed 3 hours. Called for shuttle very late. The desk person said they weren't running this late but get a taxi and they would pay for it. And they did!
Room again clean, good Wi-Fi hot complimentary breakfast. I would stay here again if flying out of Calgary.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Greg M
ComfortAirport, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Calgary Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time for sending us your feedback! I have shared your comments with my staff, and they join me in thanking you for your kind words. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We appreciate your stay and see you next time soon!!

Reviewed 30 June 2014

We booked an "accessible" room for my husband in a wheelchair after having surgery on his ankle. His other leg is artificial so bathing is a wee bit more difficult. We had an appointment at the cast clinic at the nearby hospital (Peter Lougheed Centre); this hotel is 5 minutes away.

Getting into the room itself is a little difficult. The door is quite heavy and wants to close; the same is true for leaving the room. You almost need someone to hold it for you.

The room was fine - pretty much everything was in reach for my husband. The closet, the heating/cooling controls, the fridge, the king sized bed were all the right height. I love the pillows! The room was nice and quiet.

The bathroom door was wide enough for his standard size wheelchair. Barely. If you have a larger chair, you may have troubles getting it in the door. The bathroom was very roomy and had a raised toilet, a grab bar by the toilet and one grab bar in the tub itself. No other grab bars at all. The sink was a good height and easy to get the wheelchair underneath it.

The tub was a problem. There was no handheld shower and no shower chair although I suppose you can grab a plastic chair from the pool area. Our room was on the bottom floor just a few rooms down form the pool. The tub did have a non slip surface applied which was not very noticeable. It seemed to be effective enough for me anyway. I used the shower but my husband did not bother; it was just too inconvenient without the handheld showerhead. Good water pressure and plenty of hot water.

At the continental breakfast, not everything was in reach but the young lady there was very helpful in helping my husband get anything he wanted.

The young man at check in was very welcoming, the checkout staff is a little aloof/standoffish.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
ComfortAirport, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Calgary Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for sending us your feedback.
We apologize for any inconvenience you had during your stay at our Hotel.
The room that you needed with 2 queen beds was not a Handicap room or wheelchair accessible. Our handicap room has all the amenities in the bathroom for handicap person and has 1 Queen bed.
We appreciate your stay and hope to see you in future!!